555 Menthol vs Smooth Menthol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsunami987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Metro East STL
Well I just received the 555... It's from what I understand, a generic tobacco type flavor. Slightly peppery/nutty, still a bit sweet and such. I've read a lot of reviews saying that the 555 menthol is more peppermint than menthol. That being said, I haven't tried it, so I couldn't say. Just figured I'd deposit some collective knowledge, lol.

Edit: Now that I think about it... I may have to pick up a bottle. The 555 is pretty decent but I'm a big fan of both peppermint and menthol. In lieu of just buying a straight menthol juice and mixing the two, I'm probably going to have to try this stuff. Any input would be appreciated from me as well!

Last edited:

JenWill

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2012
Western Pennsylvania
And that was my analog brand as well and think the same thing.

Anywho, I didn't want to miss out on the deal of the week, but didn't want to buy the 555 menthol in such a large size if I didn't know if I would like it or not.
So I bought the sweet tart on special and the smooth menthol anyway since I believe that is now my all day vape. hehehehe

cdelsol

Nov 8, 2011
California
I guess I'm as qualified as anyone to respond to this question -- sorry I didn't see it sooner. I also used to smoke Ma... methol, and though I dabble in some of the sweeter frou-frou liquids, the Smooth Menthol and 555 Menthol are my two favorite flavors. I've tested dozens of menthols and menthol-tobacco blends from different suppliers and have settled on these two for my basic vapes. The Smooth Menthol is more purely menthol, and I like it as a base that I sometimes spike with other flavors. I've been trying out some interesting-sounding straight tobacco flavors just for that purpose (thank you, guys, for making those 10-pack 3ML testers available!). The 555 Menthol is my favorite for a menthol flavor with a mild underlying tobacco taste (without the kind of grassy aftertaste that a some of them have). I don't think you can go wrong with either of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread