Status
Not open for further replies.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Hey guys,

I have a Maksi that uses the custom 5v batteries. Is it normal for the battery life to only be ~30 minutes of heavy vaping? I have 2 chargers and 4 batteries and rotate them. The batteries run out so quickly that it's a constant cycle. If I had less than 4 batteries I'd be dead in the water for a little while.

Is this normal? These batteries only have ~3 weeks of use.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Nope. I have 4 of these batteries. They're all the same; they all discharge very quickly. I'd think if this is the norm or not others with the same model will chime in. These are custom batteries specifically for the Mako Maksi.

hi shatner - how long are you charging the batteries for?

your charge life sort of sounds mathematically correct.
i'm brain farting so i cant figure out how to turn mAh @ volt = time
on a heavy vape day i can go about 8hrs or more on a 900mAh @ 3.7v
about the time i charge them is when they get to about 3.4v, they start off at 4.13v on a full charge.
so if you are starting out with 400mah @ a base rate of 5v, i wouldn't expect them to last to long.

if i cut my mah down to 450mah, i would get about 4hrs, increase the output voltage by 1.6v and droop that down even more.
even with the lower numbers you have on mah i would think you would get more than 30mins of vape.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Until the light on the plug turns green. About 2 hours. I did an initial 8 hour charge on all batteries. It was the longest 8 hours of my life.

Hi Shatner -

Try charging the batteries overnight and you will notice a marked difference in runtime. When the charger turns green it has only hit 5V after this it trickle charges (to avoid causing damage) up to 5.8V.

So if you are currently removing the battery after 2 hours, it has by no means reached full charge.

You should be getting between 3-6 hours off each battery depending on useage. :)

Please let us know how you get on after you charge them for the correct amount of time as stated in the instructions.

Hope this helps. :)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
your charge life sort of sounds mathematically correct.
i'm brain farting so i cant figure out how to turn mAh @ volt = time
on a heavy vape day i can go about 8hrs or more on a 900mAh @ 3.7v
about the time i charge them is when they get to about 3.4v, they start off at 4.13v on a full charge.
so if you are starting out with 400mah @ a base rate of 5v, i wouldn't expect them to last to long.

if i cut my mah down to 450mah, i would get about 4hrs, increase the output voltage by 1.6v and droop that down even more.
even with the lower numbers you have on mah i would think you would get more than 30mins of vape.

Shatners charge life is definitely incorrect due to not charging the battery for long enough. ;)

These 5V batteries are true rated @ 400mah. The true rating of a 3.6V 14500 is closer to 600-700mah.

The 5V batteries should be 5.8V when fully charged and trail around 4.6V.

By your useage of the 14500 (8 hours), you could expect to get around 4-6 hours from these 5V batteries. :)

Shatners charge life is definitely incorrect due to not charging the battery for long enough. ;)

These 5V batteries are true rated @ 400mah. The true rating of a 3.6V 14500 is closer to 600-700mah.

The 5V batteries should be 5.8V when fully charged and trail around 4.6V.

By your useage of the 14500 (8 hours), you could expect to get around 4-6 hours from these 5V batteries. :)

i knew about the trickle but didn't know you had to drop them on for extra time after the led switch. good to know, if i run into this issue.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
i knew about the trickle but didn't know you had to drop them on for extra time after the led switch. good to know, if i run into this issue.

No worries DC.... :)

We recommend in the instructions which go out with them to charge for 6 hours - overnight. They will definitely be freshest after an overnight charge ignoring any of the LED's. ;)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Well I usually unplug all my chargers at night out of habit. Lastnight I left them plugged in. I just put a fresh battery in so here's a time stamp. I'll update this thread when my battery dies.

Keep in mind I'm a chain vapor.

Thanks Shatner :) - it will be interesting to see how these fair if you're chain smoking on them. I've tested them previously pretty intensively, but of course results can vary. ;)

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Well, the first one just died. Onto the second battery. And my switch keeps getting stuck. It only has like 1/2mm of travel. It activates in any position. This isn't causing the battery to drain: I've tried puffing on it when not pushing the button and it doesn't give vapor.

I'm This close ----| |---- to putting this away and writing it off as a business expense.:(

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
since the first time you got this setup did you always only get 30mins of vape time?

Well, for the first month it was in my posession I couldn't use it at all. The adapter supposedly came from a bad run and there was NO draw.

They sent me a new adapter and I recieved it about 5-7 days ago. And yes, ever since I've had crap battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread