$800 more spent & need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

di4medollaz

Aug 22, 2014
canada
OP: Did you try non-rba setups first?

ya i spent a fortune and the are terrible compared to RBA'S. The first puff on a kayfun FLOORED ME! The flavor was intense.

After almost 2 grand spent on tons of different stuff i find the kayfun is by far my favorite rebuildable at 1.2 to 1.6 ohms and the magma and the tugboat are good drippers
and genesis tanks i find just arent worth all this hassle when a super easy to build kayfun is probably better then a well built genesis anyway but thats just what i hear

Me personaly i find kayfuns better then drippers also. Drippers are for a cloud show and while the flavor is intense and clouds are good it just doesnt compare too the kayfuns juice holding capacity and the flavor is almost as good without having to constantly drip. But again i have been into RBA'S for only a few months

As for my dna30 mods i just dont see how a mech mod can compare to my hana modz. But i only have exp with the panzer but being able too see all my info like watts voltage , atty shorts and battery life is awsome and in my opinion better then a brass tube that is wildly expensive.

However i still wanna try a expensive premium built mech mod to try so any suggestions would be appreciaed and as you can probably tell im in no shortage of money lol
I also want to buy either a super small box mod for going out cause hana and ipv2 are pretty big or maybe a provari mini but i have never seen one and canada has not even a single store too look lol , i really wish i could see in person so i can make a desicion so any help would be great.

ps . out of all the brands i bought these last few months i think "cosmic fog" and "fuzion" have the best tasting ejuice and five pawns , vapetasia and quacks close second and i cant stand suicide bunny , especially that ob stuff. I just tried bombies and find it semi good , nothing like people are saying.
I have neckbeards necter , big willies custard , halo tribeca , cosmic fog cola & shocker sitting at post office as we speak and i cant wait to try them all fr first time lol

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
An expensive mech tube mod is really not much different from a 1:1 clone that is well made; in fact that may be the way to try out different ones before you decide to buy an authentic.
The only difference between one high end mech and another will be how well the top and bottom parts work for you.
The top cap: how easily and readily it contacts the positive pin in the atomizer, and how it contacts the top of the battery.
The bottom contact usually is the switch too, and you will find different designs there.
Most models share one or more of the same designs.

As far as tubes, you can get separate sizes/lengths for the batts you want to use: 18350, 18500 or 18650.
I don't bother with short tubes because battery cycle times are shorter of course.
Brass is a good conductor and my favorite design is the Nemesis, because the bottom switch also acts as the adjustment to snug the battery to make good contact, as well as the actual switch itself.
Switches are the trickiest part imo because they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

The only way you can vary your vaping on a mech is by the resistance of the coil in your RBA but there is a finite range for the set power source; the battery and whatever voltage its putting out between 4v fresh and 3.5v or so; time to recharge.
Of course there are safety concerns and learning Ohms Law, and what battery limitations might be.

People love mechs because they don't need any kind of wire or electronics and there's that sense of creating your own vape from scratch.

Whereas ie. the DNA30 is pretty damn consistently going to give you all that info and range with a click of a button ( i like them too ).
I'm getting away from sub ohms after a couple years with the VV VW boxes now and find that using thinner wire 30g 32g and lots of wraps to get ie. 1.3 to 2.x ohms coils provides more surface area for better flavor and the higher voltages get the power to the coil efficiently, whereas a mech will limit you to a smaller range of coil options with less surface length.
That said, a mech setup can be nice too.

PS . forgot to say there are telescopic mechs which allow you to choose your batt... I don't prefer those because you lose some conductivity with the added junctions of the tele.

Last edited:

di4medollaz

Aug 22, 2014
canada
ya i spent a fortune and the are terrible compared to RBA'S. The first puff on a kayfun FLOORED ME! The flavor was intense.

After almost 2 grand spent on tons of different stuff i find the kayfun is by far my favorite rebuildable at 1.2 to 1.6 ohms and the magma and the tugboat are good drippers
and genesis tanks i find just arent worth all this hassle when a super easy to build kayfun is probably better then a well built genesis anyway but thats just what i hear

Me personaly i find kayfuns better then drippers also. Drippers are for a cloud show and while the flavor is intense and clouds are good it just doesnt compare too the kayfuns juice holding capacity and the flavor is almost as good without having to constantly drip. But again i have been into RBA'S for only a few months

As for my dna30 mods i just dont see how a mech mod can compare to my hana modz. But i only have exp with the panzer but being able too see all my info like watts voltage , atty shorts and battery life is awsome and in my opinion better then a brass tube that is wildly expensive.

However i still wanna try a expensive premium built mech mod to try so any suggestions would be appreciaed and as you can probably tell im in no shortage of money lol
I also want to buy either a super small box mod for going out cause hana and ipv2 are pretty big or maybe a provari mini but i have never seen one and canada has not even a single store too look lol , i really wish i could see in person so i can make a desicion so any help would be great.

ps . out of all the brands i bought these last few months i think "cosmic fog" and "fuzion" have the best tasting ejuice and five pawns , vapetasia and quacks close second and i cant stand suicide bunny , especially that ob stuff. I just tried bombies and find it semi good , nothing like people are saying.
I have neckbeards necter , big willies custard , halo tribeca , cosmic fog cola & shocker sitting at post office as we speak and i cant wait to try them all fr first time lol
i forgot to ask too how much of the magma do you fill with juice? do youjust wet cotton or pour juice in those massive wells also?
also what another guy said what is the difference between say 28 guage wrapped too 1.4 ohms compared too 32 or 30 guage wrapped too 1.4? also i see sometimes peeps use flat or twisted wire also. i only have 28 guage and its my first ever sppol of kanthal so maybe i should order more

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
ok they're all covering the hardware really well...

unless it's 99 cents for 15 ml, and maybe $4.99 for 15-30 ml from Vista Vapor/Mt Baker etc...I don't buy any juice w/o trying it first.

if you have a vape store, or even if it's a bit of a drive, it'd certainly be worth it, rather than have 35 at least $20 to $30 (US) a pop X 35 even at the low end, you've got over $500 in juices you can't use, that'd be one fun road trip to NYC or something yah know?

friends, vape sample bars will be your friend with your new tasty hardware! Take care!!

yoitstj

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2014
Albany, NY
Also spent a FORTUNE on top shelf ejuice. 35 bottles so far and 75% of them i didnt like.
I went with best sellers like space jam , 5 pwns , seduce juice , bombies , fuzion , beantown , quacks , cosmic fog, suicide bunny ect ect
I ordered 3 flavors basicly of each top brand and best selling flavors and found a few winners and the rest will go too juice graveyard lol

When I have a bunch of juice that i dont like i always do a giveaway on instagram or vapetilly. why let it go to waste when it could help someone else.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA

I say you treat yourself to this set up, you work hard and deserve it. Besides whats a couple more grand lol.

Vicious Ant The Variant Ti 250W Box Mod

Atomizer rebuildable GUS `ESTIA 22mm matte finish 510 [E00-F5110] - €130.00 : Gus-mod&more...!, An idea made material
Or you could pair that atomizer with this if a mech is your thing. Atomizer rebuildable GUS `ESTIA 22mm matte finish 510 [E00-F5110] - €130.00 : Gus-mod&more...!, An idea made material

If you went the mech route you could get the matching Estia Atomizer rebuildable GUS `ESTIA Kiss finish Hd [E00-F3180] - €140.00 : Gus-mod&more...!, An idea made material

I have no experience with any of the stuff above just stuff I have found to drool over and would like to obtain some year. lol.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
i forgot to ask too how much of the magma do you fill with juice? do youjust wet cotton or pour juice in those massive wells also?
also what another guy said what is the difference between say 28 guage wrapped too 1.4 ohms compared too 32 or 30 guage wrapped too 1.4? also i see sometimes peeps use flat or twisted wire also. i only have 28 guage and its my first ever sppol of kanthal so maybe i should order more

Magma, the wells can and should be filled up to the base where the posts are. You can just drip into the d/t if you think its getting low, but the wells act like a tank of sorts; just extra juice source for your coils.
What makes it a good atomizer imo is the fact that the air source is under the coil/s.

If you are using a mech, you need to keep your resistance on the Magma in range approx .40 to 1 ohms. If its wicking good .4 is not too low, it will be an awesome vape; and you adjust the afc for what kind of air draw you like.
Remember a dual coil will net 1/2 the ohms of each individual coil.
So to get .4 you have to make your coils .8 each etc.
For a mech if you use 32 gauge you use less wire. I'd say 28 is a good start.
If you go with thicker wire you use more wraps and the vape is hotter...

If you use a regulated device you can up in resistance and with thin wire the vape is cooler but you can get all the vapor you want because you can boost the voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread