801 compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
I'm getting an 801 next week and I'm a little confused about the parts and compatibility. I currently have a 4081 and a bunch of 510s (the 510 is my device of choice right now) both of which have lots of information about them around the board. But the 801 seems like a bit of a mystery to me. What carts are compatible with these? Do the 901 carts fit? Any info from people who one one would be appreciated.

Also, I'm wondering if the 801 would be a good candidate for a SD mod. I'm slowly moving toward considering a SD configuration, but I may just buy a pre-made one outright. On the other hand, because the 510 is my vaporizer of choice, and because I got the 801 super cheap as a backup it might make sense to do a Frankenstein on it and make my own SD out of it.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Penstyle devices come in a variety of model designations - 801, BE112, JKBC-304, & 4072. I may have missed a model or two. Most of my devices are based on the penstyle atomizer. Penstyle devices have their own cartridges and batteries so they are not compatible with the 901.

The 801 should work fine with a SD or similar device. Other forum members with the SD seems to prefer using a 901 with the device. I am sure many of them will shed more light on this.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Penstyle devices come in a variety of model designations - 801, BE112, JKBC-304, & 4072. I may have missed a model or two. Most of my devices are based on the penstyle atomizer. Penstyle devices have their own cartridges and batteries so they are not compatible with the 901.

Okay, so I need to be looking for 801, BE112, JKBC-304, & 4072 specific carts. Check.

The 801 should work fine with a SD or similar device. Other forum members with the SD seems to prefer using a 901 with the device. I am sure many of them will shed more light on this.

Roger that. I may just use it as my "at my desk" unit, since I'm getting one with a USB passthrough and then buy a 510 or 901 specific SD at some later date.

paise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
I know the 510 Joye parts work on the Dura-C from Janty but do other parts like those from the 801 or other brands/types work on the Janty Dura-C? (batteries, attys, carts?)

If anyone happens to know, where is the best place to purchase accessories and parts for the Janty Dura-C at a decent price without sacrificing quality?

I've been to the Ruyun (Heaven's Delight) website and while they do have some decent pricing, I'm concerned about the shipping costs and shipping time. It doesn't really give any idea of either on their website.

Anyone order from them before that can shed some light either publicly or personally via PM?

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
How does the throat hit compare to the 510?

Thanks

Throat hit on a 801 at 3.7v is really weak. Flavor is good, but the vapor is a lot cooler than a 510. This is probably what causes the weaker throat hit. If you vape an 801 on a 5 or 6v mod, then you will get a good throat hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread