New 801 cant believe the quality of the vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapin_calgary

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 26, 2009
Calgary Alberta
i started vaping about 5 months ago with a 901 from china. i was extremely happy with it and have started ordering kits for all my friends. i figured if i am going to be getting others into it i should try a couple other models. i got my 801 from a canadian supplier and ended up getting a PT and atty instead of a kit because he didnt have the chargers in stock.

needless to say i do not like this mode at all. the vapor production lacks in comparison to my 901. i have to refill the carts more often ( i average 8 drops in my 901 and only 5 in my 801. i have yet to fill a cart on my 801 without having it flood the atty. is there something i need to do with my 801 diffrent than my 901 that will make the vapor production and throat hit better or is the 801 just a lesser model?

thanks for all the help

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
I quit analogs on an 801 device. Suffice it to say, I am partial. I recently won a free 901 starter kit from Good Prophets and could easily have quit analogs with that setup. Yes, the 801 style device produces cooler vapor than a 901. That said, it works fine. If you mate an 801 with a 5 or 6 volt device, it performs even better. If you are impressed with the 910, I understand the 510 might be your next device, unless you are ready to make a move to a custom battery pack.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I add 10-12 drops normally when I top off my 801 carts.

I replaced the stock cart filler with Aquaclear filter foam and am very satisfied with the performance. It lasts for about 4 days before the wicking slows down and then I replace it.

It will flood if I leave my PV mouthpiece-up soon after filling the cart, but if left horizontal it's okay.

jessicald

Moved On
Nov 13, 2009
i started vaping about 5 months ago with a 901 from china. i was extremely happy with it and have started ordering kits for all my friends. i figured if i am going to be getting others into it i should try a couple other models. i got my 801 from a canadian supplier and ended up getting a PT and atty instead of a kit because he didnt have the chargers in stock.

needless to say i do not like this mode at all. the vapor production lacks in comparison to my 901. i have to refill the carts more often ( i average 8 drops in my 901 and only 5 in my 801. i have yet to fill a cart on my 801 without having it flood the atty. is there something i need to do with my 801 diffrent than my 901 that will make the vapor production and throat hit better or is the 801 just a lesser model?

thanks for all the help

Have you tried the jky 302 pen style, I like it as well as my 801 same big carts and same great vapor

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
IMO the 801 performs far better with either a 5V passthrough or something that will give you "full" 3.7v battery performance (like a KR808 battery with a 901/801 adapter, or a Janty/Joye Stick).

Good luck. :)
You are the only other person I know of who does that. I teasingly call it the DaBoomMod.:D But I haven't patented it, so you are welcome to use that combination as well.;)

Since you obviously are a person of good taste, may I ask what you like about the Janty/Joye Stick? I don't like box mods myself, but that is just subjective preference. Objectively, however, isn't the $50 Bartleby with it's 900 mAh 14500 battery superior to the $75 Janty Stick with its 320 mAh 10440 battery?

Last edited:

Nicotinologist

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Long Beach, California
I love my Joye 302. Once I learned how to use it I do not have anything to complain about. I always prime it 2 to 3 drops after I refill the cartridge. Pure Smoker V2 did not work with Joye 302, in fact it was not a recommended atomizer. I figured out why. The V2 801 battery adapter threaded terminal's ID is too small thus causing a short if a Joye 302 is used. I enlarged mine to the next larger drill bit to a depth of 1/8".
Nico

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
You are the only other person I know of who does that. I teasingly call it the DaBoomMod.:D But I haven't patented it, so you are welcome to use that combination as well.;)

Since you obviously are a person of good taste, may I ask what you like about the Janty/Joye Stick? I don't like box mods myself, but that is just subjective preference. Objectively, however, isn't the $50 Bartleby with it's 900 mAh 14500 battery superior to the $75 Janty Stick with its 320 mAh 10440 battery?

Sorry for the slow response, Don. I neglected to bookmark this thread for some reason. :oops:

The Bartleby is my #1 choice when it comes to day-to-day hassle-free performance. I purchased a V2 Joye Stick before I got my first Bart, and the thing I liked the most (and still do) about box mods is the ability to toss them in a belt pouch and carry them easily (of course I have to cut holes in the Janty pouches to allow for the switch).

Compared to the Bart the Joye Stick is woefully under-powered (mAh wise), and as a result it sits unused most of the time now. My wife carried hers for a while but since she tried the 801 on a KR batt via adapter that has become her daily weapon of choice.

You are correct, though: For the money the Bart far out-paces the Janty/Joye Stick. Larger battery, an on-off switch and the ability to order it with your choice of connector - flush or recessed. I haven't tried his 5v mod yet but I'm sure it's a bargain as well. :)

Thanks for allowing me to use the "DaBoomMod" commission free. :D

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    This is interesting. I used a volcano, 401, KR8 and 510. Loved the 510 and then decided to try an 801. I am in love, big cart holds so much more, I haven't got liquid in my mouth, vapor is the best ever and batts last so much longer. Only thing I am not crazy about is more TH. I think this is my new favorite besides the Iken Lazer which I love.

leannebug

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south
    . Only thing I am not crazy about is more TH. QUOTE]

By this, you are saying the 801 has more TH than the 901?

I have decided to get a penstyle for my "pacifier" and am on the fence between the 801 and 901.

I want: lots of vapor, flavor, long battery, auto

I don't want: heavy TH, constant refilling

Right now I have the 510 Joye (which I love) and the 808 (which I hate.. so whimpy~). But my 510 constantly needs refilled and the batteries are.. eh :p

Any opinions?

Sorry to crash your thread, but as a noob, I think I'm restricted on posting a new one.

Nicotinologist

ECF Veteran
    Jan 14, 2010
    Long Beach, California
    tribalmasters,
    Are you using a high bridge 801 atomizer? If you are that would explain it. The low bridge works better with the cartridge due to more contact area with the heating element (bridge wire mesh). The only problem I am experiencing is it tends to burn the tip of the cartridge and melts where they come in contact with bridge. I am using a 6V mod. It is the extra heat, I guess.

Nico

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread