$848 worth of chargers in for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    The last of the chargers arrived for the first batch of testing. A huge shout-out and Thank You to my patrons for making this testing possible!

73C835A9-740B-43C8-96C6-D93F8102AAEC.jpeg

Why two of each?

For checking unit-to-unit assembly, durability, and performance consistency. Otherwise we never know if the good or bad results we got were how all the others of that model charger would perform.

It also speeds up testing as I can be opening up one to check for assembly issues or doing drop testing as the other is running capacity tests, etc.

I’d prefer to test several of each but just these 20 will take forever to test so I’ll just have to deal with it. :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Looking forward to your results, Mooch. I finally wore out my Efest LUC 4 after years of use. The weak point there was how the bay slide springs are soldered to the main board. The spring hooks through a hole in the board and is soldered with a considerable bead of solder. That immobilizes the spring hook and depending on the angle of the spring where it leaves the solder, there can be lateral tension each time you move the slide. Finally, that angular tension fatigues the point where the spring leaves the solder joint and it breaks.

The electronics are fine. It's just one bay that is inoperative. Since the two sides of the case are glued, you have to drill a hole on each side of the case and insert a screwdriver to pop the glue joints. I just ordered a new one for $20.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I too am all agoggle to see the results. LOL, can't wait. Whenever I see a patron email it makes me smile. LOL, I made a request for my tester but I forgot that I could do it through Patron for larger impact. LOL, oh well. I'm probably in the market for another charger soon, so whatever you test I will be pleased :)

Hope your "move to self employment" plan is beginning to work out and etc. :)

Anna

MikeyConti

VapeBro
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2014
    South Carolina
    Just noticed the MiBOXER C4-12, first time I’ve heard of it, Sounds like a good charger similar to the Opus. I’ve wanted an Opus BT-3100 V2.2 for a long time, think I will wait for the results before getting another charger.

My Efest Luc V4 bought in 2014 still works good, but my xtar VP4 is my favorite, very consistent with the final voltage..
    Have a couple Xtar MC1’s, mainly use for my Flashlight Cells, I need to upgrade to a 2 Bay and was looking at the Xtar Rocket SV2.

Thanks for all your Hard Work Mooch!!

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Just noticed the MiBOXER C4-12, first time I’ve heard of it, Sounds like a good charger similar to the Opus. I’ve wanted an Opus BT-3100 V2.2 for a long time, think I will wait for the results before getting another charger.

My Efest Luc V4 bought in 2014 still works good, but my Xtar VP4 is my favorite, very consistent with the final voltage..
    Have a couple Xtar MC1’s, mainly use for my Flashlight Cells, I need to upgrade to a 2 Bay and was looking at the Xtar Rocket SV2.

Thanks for all your Hard Work Mooch!!
    Did you ever get the miboxer c4-12? I’ve been eyeing it for a while and finally I ordered one. I now have 21700 cells that need charging so the 3a charging is a plus and the bays are long and wide making it easier to put in and take out the 21700. My chargers now can handle them but it’s a tight fit so with all that it was a no brainer to get it.
    I was just wondering how you like it if you ever pulled the trigger on one.

Reactions: stols001

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Did you ever get the miboxer c4-12? I’ve been eyeing it for a while and finally I ordered one. I now have 21700 cells that need charging so the 3a charging is a plus and the bays are long and wide making it easier to put in and take out the 21700. My chargers now can handle them but it’s a tight fit so with all that it was a no brainer to get it.
    I was just wondering how you like it if you ever pulled the trigger on one.

Yes but it will be weeks before it’s tested.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I will be buying a new more expensive (probably) charger and retiring my nitecore 2 bay as a replacement charger.

However, despite my inner shinyitis child's demands that you test all the chargers RIGHT NOW, I will calmly state that (unless my N2 blows up in the meantime) my adult budgeter informs me to tell you that I can wait as long as is needed, and furthermore, I don't even have any major ISSUES with the nitecore at ALL. LOL.

Anna

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    I will be buying a new more expensive (probably) charger and retiring my nitecore 2 bay as a replacement charger.

However, despite my inner shinyitis child's demands that you test all the chargers RIGHT NOW, I will calmly state that (unless my N2 blows up in the meantime) my adult budgeter informs me to tell you that I can wait as long as is needed, and furthermore, I don't even have any major ISSUES with the nitecore at ALL. LOL.

Anna
    I just ordered the miboxer c4-12 and I have an Xtar and liitokala Chargers that work just fine. I’m pretty sure my inner shinyitis child has murdered my adult budgeter and stole his credit card since I have 21700’s, 18650’s, and the aforementioned charger all in transit to my home.
    Thanks @Mooch, I’d still love to read your review even though I’ll have the charger by then. Let’s just hope it’s a favorable one so my purchase pans out.

Reactions: Mooch

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2016
    Huntington West Virginia
    really looking forward to your review of the SkyRC MC 3000.
    It's the only fully programable battery charger for cylindrical cell that I have been able to find.
    I seen that,I'm kinda interested in it.I might pick it up depending what he says about it.my xtar is about a year old and need a to be replaced.a year in the Vape world is like 5 in dog years.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread