9 wraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
I changed my 28×2+38 nichrome fused claptons 8 wrap on a 3mm bit to a 9 wrap. Thats all the wraps I can get off the pre wrapped coils and my roll of wire isnt in yet. I ohm out at .403 so I know Im safe for sure and will get more battery life. Now when my samsung 20S come in they shud fire even better. I shud be good to go with safety. Im as safe as u can get with the Hex Ohm now. The vape shop which u guys told me not to listen to did say I wud notice a slight difference in power with the new batteries. I hope theyre right. Id like to see the coils fire a little faster. Ill let u know if I see any difference at all but no one can any longer say Im not dafe. I ohm high and Im getting the best quality batteries. If I keep this build I shud never have an issue. And Ill never change my build cause I ordered a 20 foot roll of this wire. I want to thank everyone on here for their safety advice they gave me. I listened to every bit of it. Im not hard headed. I listen to the experts. I check everything on Mooch now for battery safety.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Using more wraps increases metal mass of the coil, more mass same power = slower ramp up.

If your new higher amp CDR cells fire noticeably faster / better it shows just how insufficient your old batteries were.

Are you using a single coil or dual coils in your atty?

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Using more wraps increases metal mass of the coil, more mass same power = slower ramp up.

If your new higher amp CDR cells fire noticeably faster / better it shows just how insufficient your old batteries were.

Are you using a single coil or dual coils in your atty?
I use nothing but dual. The imrens I have now say 40amp. Mooch rates them at just 17 amps. The Samsungs r true 30 amp.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Yes I know your whole back story, I've been attempting to help in most if not all of your threads.

I really can't say if you'll see any improvement.

To get .403 from dual coil set up means using 2 .806 coils, that means you're using a poo ton of metal.

Are you measuring the resistance of each coil individually?
Or measuring resistance after they're both installed on the deck?

Either way a total resistance of .403 is fine, but fancy high mass wire types take more power resulting in less battery life & slower ramp up than simple single wire coils.
Your problem might be using too much metal for the avalible power.

What I'm picturing in my head is an atty with 18 total wraps of a high mass wire type.
Or did you mean 2 coils 4.5 wraps each for a total of 9 wraps?

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Yes I know your whole back story, I've been attempting to help in most if not all of your threads.

I really can't say if you'll see any improvement.

To get .403 from dual coil set up means using 2 .806 coils, that means you're using a poo ton of metal.

Are you measuring the resistance of each coil individually?
Or measuring resistance after they're both installed on the deck?

Either way a total resistance of .403 is fine, but fancy high mass wire types take more power resulting in less battery life & slower ramp up than simple single wire coils.
Your problem might be using too much metal for the avalible power.

What I'm picturing in my head is an atty with 18 total wraps of a high mass wire type.
U r correct.

Reactions: stols001

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
I think you're pursuing the wrong thing.

On this forum, you have every resource you need to know what is safe, what is effective, etc. You seem to be attracted to getting the same thing out of your vape than your friend with his stacked tube.

To give it to you straight : you can't.

It's a true mech mod, so 8.4V with fully charged batteries, down to roughly 7.5 if using hard hitting cells (that's accounting for battery sag when pushing them quite hard). You get 6V out of your mod. That's 1.5V of difference that will change everything.
Build what works for you, really. Don't try and do the same of someone because "oh well, he likes it, why wouldn't I?", truth is we all have our preferences, find yours.
If you want to try a series mech, by all means, go get one (after you master ohm's law, though, a series mech is not something you wanna mess with if you don't know what you're doing 'cause 2 cells blowing up at your face will make you sorry you did), but your mod is not a fully series mech. It has limitations, that are here so that vapers that don't master ohm's law and battery safety don't lose half their face. Know what you have, what you want, and only then we can give you sound advices on how to get there.

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
The system must be having a glitch.

I asked 3 questions, so I have no idea what I'm correct about.

2*28/38 is quite a thin wire, but with dual coils there's no way it ohms out at .4 with 5 wraps on each coil. My money's on 2 coils with 9 wraps each. Basically series coils

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
2*28/38 is quite a thin wire, but with dual coils there's no way it ohms out at .4 with 5 wraps on each coil. My money's on 2 coils with 9 wraps each. Basically series coils

Yep, that is what I was leaning towards, but if he can't answer basic questions probably better / easier to start over with simple single wire coils until he understands what he's doing.

I also understand that 2)28/38 is relatively thin, admittedly I don't use it, I do on occasion use single or twisted 28, I'm trying to picture 18 total wraps seems like a whole poo ton of wire to heat with a fairly limited power source.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I changed my 28×2+38 nichrome fused claptons 8 wrap on a 3mm bit to a 9 wrap. Thats all the wraps I can get off the pre wrapped coils and my roll of wire isnt in yet. I ohm out at .403 so I know Im safe for sure and will get more battery life. Now when my samsung 20S come in they shud fire even better. I shud be good to go with safety. Im as safe as u can get with the Hex Ohm now. The vape shop which u guys told me not to listen to did say I wud notice a slight difference in power with the new batteries. I hope theyre right. Id like to see the coils fire a little faster. Ill let u know if I see any difference at all but no one can any longer say Im not dafe. I ohm high and Im getting the best quality batteries. If I keep this build I shud never have an issue. And Ill never change my build cause I ordered a 20 foot roll of this wire. I want to thank everyone on here for their safety advice they gave me. I listened to every bit of it. Im not hard headed. I listen to the experts. I check everything on Mooch now for battery safety.
Those batteries are not good for the build you have now. To be safe, not sorry, go to Sony VTC5A. They aren't bad, but they're a little low for what your build is now.
Also the circuitry in the Hex Ohm takes a little more to ramp up. You'll see the difference in the change of batteries.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Those batteries are not good for the build you have now. To be safe, not sorry, go to Sony VTC5A. They aren't bad, but they're a little low for what your build is now.
Also the circuitry in the Hex Ohm takes a little more to ramp up. You'll see the difference in the change of batteries.
I got samsung 20S coming. They r true 30 amp batteries with 2000mah. Plus I got a new mod yesterday. The Paranormal DNC 250C. Its more powerful then the Hex Ohm and it has a boost feature for quick firing.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
I got samsung 20S coming. They r true 30 amp batteries with 2000mah. Plus I got a new mod yesterday. The Paranormal DNC 250C. Its more powerful then the Hex Ohm and it has a boost feature for quick firing.
But the Samsungs wont have long battery life cause theyre only 2000mah batteries.

• Optimistic

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You remind me of Eeyore.

How's it going today Eeyore?

"Oh not too bad, you know, I just got a mod coveted by so many vapers, and I ordered some really nice batteries.. But, they're going to die really soon, they're only 2000 mAh batteries."

LOL, cheer up, you'll find your tail eventually.

Anna

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
But the Samsungs wont have long battery life cause theyre only 2000mah batteries.

That simply isn't true, as you've been informed a dozen or so times.

A 3000mah 15a CDR cell used at a 15a draw will have very short run time compared to a 2000mah 30a CDR cell used at the same 15a draw.

The 3000mah 15a cell is being pushed to its maximum CDR (continuous discharge rate), the battery is 'working' very hard.
( Car analogy, being driven at the rpm red line, gas pedal flat on the floor )
The 2000mah 30a cell is being used at half of its CDR, it is taking a slow walk, not even close to breaking a sweat.
( Car analogy leisurely cruising at 35 mph)

Even if it has a smaller gas tank the one leisurely cruising along at 35 mph is going to last longer than the one being driven with the gas pedal smashed & held to the floor.

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
dead horse.jpg

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
That simply isn't true, as you've been informed a dozen or so times.

A 3000mah 15a CDR cell used at a 15a draw will have very short run time compared to a 2000mah 30a CDR cell used at the same 15a draw.

The 3000mah 15a cell is being pushed to its maximum CDR (continuous discharge rate), the battery is 'working' very hard.
( Car analogy, being driven at the rpm red line, gas pedal flat on the floor )
The 2000mah 30a cell is being used at half of its CDR, it is taking a slow walk, not even close to breaking a sweat.
( Car analogy leisurely cruising at 35 mph)

Even if it has a smaller gas tank the one leisurely cruising along at 35 mph is going to last longer than the one being driven with the gas pedal smashed & held to the floor.

You, sir, have the patience of a Saint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread