901 vs 801/510/etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnie

Oct 4, 2009
Iowa
I've been vaping with a 901 for 12 days now, and i LOVE it so far.

But, as I'm lurking these forums, I've been reading a lot about the different kinds, and how many people prefer 510s, or the bigger models in general. So, in your honest opinion, how much better would a bigger model be for me?

I feel like I'm getting enough throat hit and vapor out of my dse901, but almost every post i read suggests that the bigger ones are better?

would it be a good investment for me to, "level up", or should i just stick with the 901.

(i really like vaping so far, and want to make this the best experience possible, ya know, never have any reason to go back to analogs)

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Hi Bonnie...welcome to ECF! I use both the 901 and 510 atomizers...the 901 is much better for flavor, and the 510 has a slightly better throat hit but less flavor because it runs hotter. I have never used an 801. The only reason to get a bigger "mod" would be for the longer battery life. I have 4 mods and the long battery life is the way to go. I still use a regular ecig battery out and about, but use the mods at home. My favorite is the Protege from PureSmoker.com and the adapters for it will allow using any atty you want.

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
Stick with the 901. I've tried the 510, 801, 901, and KR808d-1. None of them is perfect really. Spent a lot of money on different types of 801 atties in particular. Could have stuck with the 901s and been happy and saved myself a ton of dough. Oh well hehe. Each one performs better in one area and worse in another.

Bonnie

Oct 4, 2009
Iowa
so far, I really am liking the 901, so if there isn't a huge reason why one is better, than i probably will just stick with it. I didn't even get this thing to quit smoking, but after i had it, i couldn't justify buying a pack. almost a week after i bought it, i tried smoking an analog, just because, and it tasted AWFUL to me. less than three puffs and i had to put it out, yuck.

originally i had ordered a blu cigarette, but a day after i ordered it they were having some difficulty, and said that it would take a good 4-6 weeks to ship. After reading the different reviews talking about vapor production in super minis vs. minis, I'm glad I had to find a new choice.

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
I have the 901, 510, 401 and several of the mods. I keep going back to my 901. I love it. To me the flavor is just so much better! I am also weird in that I also love the automatic more than the manual battery. But no one could have told me this in the beginning. I had to find out myself!! I also could have saved a lot of money cause the 901 is the one I started with!!! :)

Brachinus

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Jersey Shore
I feel like I'm getting enough throat hit and vapor out of my dse901, but almost every post i read suggests that the bigger ones are better?
I'm very new to this myself, but one thing I've learned is that if something's working for you, don't mess with it.

If you like your pre-filled carts (or the factory-equipped polyfill in the carts you fill), don't go nuts trying to find other materials.

If you like the juice you've got, vape it and don't make yourself crazy wondering what else is out there.

And if (by some miracle) the first e-cig you buy gives you a satisfying experience, then stick with it.

If it ain't broke, don't mod it.

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Welcome Bonnie, I'm newbie also and did alot of lurking and researching before I got my first.After 40+ years 2-3 ppd this was my answer !I've tryed some 410,to small but I'm with a 801 and a Janty Stic at present.I am shopping now for a power mod of 5-6 volts as soon as I can afford it only because I was such a heavy smoker for so long.Since I'm homebound battery life is'nt such an issue right now.I do mix my own juices at times just for fun and to strech the $$ also.This ,for me, has been a lifesaver literally.If you like the 901 then stick with it,you may even want to try to make your own mods from the excellent driections on this forum.This is a great bunch of folks here who will help you with a cyber smile!Good evening and God bless!! GKK/Susan:)

Bonnie

Oct 4, 2009
Iowa
I'm still amazed by how well these e-cigs work as a replacement for analogs.
I've only smoked for sixish years, but i started smoking when i was 15, so my entire "adult" life, I've been a smoker.
since i did smoke lights, and only a little over a half a pack a day, the 901 satisfies me, but i can't help but still be curious. =P

I havent really dived too far into the mod pages, but I lurked a lot of the cosmetic mods. I like the idea of personalizing my own e-cig.

and thanks so much for the good wishes. So far everyone on here has been super nice, and helpful!

=D !

D

darth väper

hm, and i can only assume that higher voltage=stronger vape?

(sorry, i'm a complete noob when it comes to this. i've read up a lot, but am still definitely not pro when it comes to e-smoking knowledge.)

That is correct-higher voltage=a more robust vaping experience. More flavor, awesome throat hit-especially with the 901 atomizer.

But like the other members said, its about what YOU like, and what suits your needs. If the setup you are using now works for you, then by all means go for it.
I started out with a 510 kit myself and I still love it-Unfortunately for me I find myself looking around at various sites to see what else is out there though too, and find myself looking at flashlights sitting around the house and saying "I wonder if I could attach an atomizer to this somehow..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread