Status
Not open for further replies.

fenchurch

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
Central Iowa
are you using carts with the 901? or dripping? Most 901 attys have nice flavor, warm vapor. The biggest complaint for most (including me) is the propensity for the attys to leak. I've been using them most recently on a mod w' a 501/901 adapter and using a drip shield. It's a nice, finished look for when I drip.

I never used the 901 "stick" type batteries. My first foray into 901s was on a KR808D-1 battery, since the threads are identical. The batts are a little bigger (think 280mAh vs 180mAh). If you wanted to stick with the cig-type batts a bit longer, I'd recommend these over the standard 901 batts.

Do you have any particular direction you wanted to explore first? Cartos? tanks? Clearomizers? higher Voltage/Watts?

A common recommendation from many on the forum, including myself, is to pick up an eGo-type device+charger, which offers alot of flexibility AFA cartos/tanks/attys/etc. Couple that with a 501/901 adapter and you can still use your 901 attys on this batt, plus alot more.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I tried the 901 atty on a KR 808 and really like it. But, I ended up only dripping with the 901. So, I needed to use a manual battery.

I bought adapters for my Ego batteries to use the 901, but was never really satisfied. Not enough voltage for a 901. I finally bought an X2 from SI and it's wonderful!

I hate regular manual batteries that don't have any on/off feature. But, the X2 has it, and so does the Elite from CigEasy. I don't have that one yet, but will eventually.

My first e-cig is also a 901-T starter kit with the small batteries. I have since brought a Riva 901 XL manual battery and LR atomizer for use at home, I still take the small batteries out though.

I brought these as they were a cheap introduction to the world of vapourising, however I am considering an upgrade of some kind but not made any solid choice yet. I'm not sure I can warrant spending hundreds of pounds on a ProVari or similar yet.

supershags2005

Dec 23, 2012
Okinawa
I can tell you for certain that I love the 901 atty. I started with a 901 and plan on using a 901 as long as I can. I've been vaping for over 3 years now, I started with a 901 pen style and moved up to a Mako with a 901 atty, up until this week that's what I was using (I broke my last adapter). Currently I'm sitting here vaping a Joyetech 510 my wife had and I must say, it has a lot less throat hit, doesn't produce enough vapor, and when I direct drip the atty it leaks out all over my hands, every time I set it down it leaks out on my desk. The only time my 901 has ever leaked was if I put more than 3 drops at a time in the atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread