97 Tobacco Flavors! (292 posts, 216 Recommendations, 97 flavors = my big survey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
I'm a newbie and I'm desperately trying to find a tobacco flavor I like. Everyone has there own opinion, and it's hard to find a consensus reading ECF's threads. I can't afford to buy every flavor, so I decided I would start recording people's opinions to see what stood out.

My method was simple. I set up a spreadsheet and kept it open on my second monitor as I read the ECF. Every time someone recommended a tobacco flavor that wasn't on my list, I added it. Every time someone recommend a tobacco flavor that was on my list, I added a "vote". Every time someone said they hated a flavor I added a "vote against". So far, I have surveyed 11 threads on tobacco flavors, containing a total of 292 posts. From those posts, 234 "votes" were cast for one of 97 flavors. Below are the results, sorted by: Total Votes, then by Manufacturer Name, then by name. And remember, just being on the list is a good thing, because it means someone recommended it to someone else. I plan to keep doing this as I read the ECF and see where it leads.

For the silly people:
This is in NO way scientific. You would need a waaaay larger sample size to actually mean anything. Then there are the biases, for instance, I'm sure the ECF as a whole is biased toward one manufacturer or another. If I surveyed the posts of another forum, I'm sure I'd get different results. For purity, I tried to stay away from obvious manufacturer fanboy threads so as to not skew the results too badly. Once I have a larger sample size, adding those shouldn't effect it as much. Also, a simple "vote" cannot record how much someone liked or hated something. I could've done a 1-5 scale thing, but that would just get too complicated. In short, the ranking of a particular flavor below doesn't mean diddly. I just thought I'd share.

Also, this looks a lot better in Excel, but this is the best I could do to stuff it into a post.

* denotes a vote for a manufacturer's entire line

Name, Manufacturer, Total Votes
Casablanca, Backwoods Brew, 14
PureCig, FSUSA, 9
Vaperite Orgainic Flavors*, Vaperite, 9
Backo, Backwoods Brew, 8
Boba's Bounty, Alien Visions, 7
Tampa, Vapor Station, 7
Applewood Tobacco, Backwoods Brew, 6
Backwoods Brew*, Backwoods Brew, 6
DK-Tab, Dekang, 6
Vaperite Extracted Tobaccos*, Vaperite, 6
USA Mix, Dekang, 5
Wyatt Earp, FSUSA, 5
Organic VR4, Vaperite, 5
RY4, Backwoods Brew, 4
Virginia, Backwoods Brew, 4
Rou's Natural Toasted Hazelnut Tobacco, Vaperite, 4
Alien Visions*, Alien Visions, 3
Blend 4, Alien Visions, 3
Camtel, FSUSA, 3
Tribeca, Halo, 3
Love From Above, Prime Vaping, 3
Vapor Station's Taboccos*, Vapor Station, 3
Vermillion River*, Vermillion River, 3
Flue Cured, Alien Visions, 2
Gorilla Juice, Alien Visions, 2
Havana Gold, Alien Visions, 2
555, Backwoods Brew, 2
Maple Tobacco, Backwoods Brew, 2
Desert Ship, Dekang, 2
RY4, Dekang, 2
Burley, FSUSA, 2
Torque 56, Halo, 2
Sweet Caroline (Honey Cured Tobacco), iVape, 2
Vapriot Reds, LeCig, 2
Honey Flue Cured Tobacco, Liquidxpress, 2
Perique Tobacco, Vaperite, 2
Frisco, Vapor Station, 2
Texas, Vapor Station, 2
Kentucky Cherrywood, Vermillion River, 2
Kentucky Premium, Vermillion River, 2
Acid Blondie Cigar, Want2Vape, 2
Alcazar, Want2Vape, 2
555, Alien Visions, 1
Gamel, Alien Visions, 1
Turkish Blend, Artic Vapor, 1
Cherry Tobacco, Backwoods Brew, 1
Honey Flue Nut Tobacco, Backwoods Brew, 1
Honey Flue Tobacco, Backwoods Brew, 1
Robacco, BlueMist, 1
Cubana Cigar, Dekang, 1
Dekang*, Dekang, 1
Flue Cured, Dekang, 1
Shacks Lama, DIY Flavor Shack, 1
KP-Select, Feel Life Eliquid, 1
555, FSUSA, 1
American Spirit, FSUSA, 1
Desert Ship, FSUSA, 1
Pall Mall, FSUSA, 1
Royal, FSUSA, 1
RY4, FSUSA, 1
Ryder, FSUSA, 1
Switchblade, FSUSA, 1
Mocha Smoke, Gourmet Vapor, 1
Perique Blackberry, Gourmet Vapor, 1
Prime15, Halo, 1
Smooth 8, Halo, 1
Camel/Desert Ship, Health Cabin, 1
Fire/Flu Cured Tobacco, High Caliber, 1
Red & White, High Caliber, 1
Cowboy Light, Honeyville Vapor, 1
Original Tennessee Cured, Johnson Creek, 1
Red Oak Domestic, Johnson Creek, 1
Kick Bass Vapor*, Kick Bass Vapor, 1
Nutty Uncle KY Bacca, Kick Bass Vapor, 1
RY4, Kick Bass Vapor, 1
Original Red, Liberty Flights, 1
The Original E-Liquid, Liquidxpress, 1
1963, Mister-E-Liquid, 1
Kamel Hump, Mister-E-Liquid, 1
Mister-E-Liquid Taboccos*, Mister-E-Liquid, 1
High Voltage - Kent 12mg, Nhaler, 1
Nhaler 555, Nhaler, 1
Bounty Hunter, Nitelite Vapor, 1
Tobacco, Top Vapor, 1
TW Black Label - Viginian Gold, Totally Wicked, 1
Burley, Vaperite, 1
555 Wow Vapor, Vapor4Life, 1
Cowboy, Vapor4Life, 1
Premium Kamel Nobacco, Vapor4Life, 1
Perique Black, Vaporbomb, 1
Captain Jack, Vapors Etc, 1
English Tobacco, Vapors Etc, 1
Red Pirate, Want2Vape, 1
Vapenstein Blend Managua, Want2Vape, 1
Want2Vape*, Want2Vape, 1
Desert 2 Humped Caml Wide, Word Up, 1
Tobacco, Tasty Vapor, -2 (poor Tasty Vapor. Maybe you'll move up as I survey more threads)

So, any thoughts?
-Mike

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
Good to see that my top 2 juices are in your top 4 but there are also a bunch of amazing juices that are all the way in the bottom of the list. Love the idea though very nice

One thing to remember is that over half this list, 54 out of 97 flavors, were only recommended once. So the bottom half of the list, minus Tasty Vapor Tobacco, really represents 54 flavors tied for 43rd place. Honestly, it's a bit misleading in a list like this because you naturally assume lower is worse. As I survey more threads I hope this will start to fix itself.

Out of curiosity, what are the top two you mentioned? And which are the other amazing juices buried in the list? (I am on a hunt for tasty tobaccos)

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
I think Vaperite organic flavors/extracted tobaccos should probably be combined into one. Although I wouldn't mind seeing generic vendor recommendations come out altogether and just stick with individual juice names. Then again, it's your list, haha.

I split them up because people seemed to recommend them separately, and I've never had either line so I don't know how different they are. Do you think they're similar enough to combine? Also, good idea on the generic recommendations. Kinda bugs me too. I think I'll sort them separately and remove them from this list. I added them in the first place because people often recommend a vendor's juices as "great, etc", without naming a specific flavor.

cricket1176

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Great list! If you want my hubby's input (he's not on the forum) but he smoked Marlboro Lights and the only juice he vapes is Awesome Vapor's USA'S Favorite Blend @ 24mg. My dad (Marlboro 100's) enjoys Awesome Vapor's Tobacconist(Organic Tobacco Flavor) @ 36mg. Dad says the Tobacconist has a little bit of a "sweet/cigar" taste on the exhale. Also, I think that AwesomeVapor might use Vaperite's tobacco extract in the Tobacconist-but DON'T quote me & someone please correct me if I'm wrong ;)

I smoked menthol, so I'm really no help :D

Great list though!

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
This is a great thread. It would be cool to have it as poll and everyone could vote on the flavors they've tried..

Honestly, I totally agree. I'd love the ECF to have some type of leaderboard of eliquids... just to help out newbies like me. It would take some work on the back-end of the site, but they could totally integrate it into the membership. It would be like RottenTomatoes, but for eliquid instead of movies. :)

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
great thread, but another thing to keep in mind is how new the liquids are... such as some of the vapenstein liquids just came out... the exposure of the vendor... and the niche they fill... I think the most significant info would be the top 3-5.

Excellent point. Another way to think of it is... People don't (generally) recommend a flavor they haven't tried, so any such list is ultimately limited by what has been tried most. The popularity, marketing, availability, and time-on-the-market of each flavor will have a dramatic impact on its "ranking" on any such list.

The best, most authentic tobacco flavor every created, THE flavor that belongs at #1, might be in someone's DIY kitchen lab and isn't for sale. And if so, it will never be on the list in the spot it deserves. Similarly, you can see how the some of the best juices might be father down the list simply because fewer people have tried them, and therefore fewer can recommend them.

Still, if you're a newbie looking for a new flavor (like me), I figure it's at least helpful to see what others like -- despite the flaws of statistics.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
One thing to remember is that over half this list, 54 out of 97 flavors, were only recommended once. So the bottom half of the list, minus Tasty Vapor Tobacco, really represents 54 flavors tied for 43rd place. Honestly, it's a bit misleading in a list like this because you naturally assume lower is worse. As I survey more threads I hope this will start to fix itself.

Out of curiosity, what are the top two you mentioned? And which are the other amazing juices buried in the list? (I am on a hunt for tasty tobaccos)

I like these a lot

Cherry TobaccoHoney Flue TobaccoRed Oak DomesticRY4, Kick Bass Vapor

but my new fav juice without a doubt that stands out to a lot of them just IMO of course is ecopure. I just got it recently so I cannot say I will enjoy it in a month or so but man it just got me hooked I love it!!!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Not sure I follow. Do you mean a site-wide rating system in which people could only choose ONE flavor to vote for... basically just their favorite?

That's what I was thinking. Or at least a person's favorite top 3 tobacco flavors.

I like the idea about a spreadsheet but you have a bunch more reviews to read through.

Diablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
SW,Virginia
IDK somehow it doesn't seem to accurate. For example-

RY4, Backwoods Brew, 4,- does that mean only 4 ppl recommended it? Took me 30 days to just be able to get my hands on a bottle of it.

Tribeca, Halo, 3- I have never had this, but from all the threads I have read tons of ppl think there is no better juice on the planet.

RY4, FSUSA, 1- I never had this either yet but I have read lots of ppl saying this is a very good RY4

Maybe a poll would be better but idk so many different juices it would be very very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread