Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I'm surprised for those who can't get it. 91% - any drug store around here sells it. If it isn't located right next to the 70% rubbing alcohol check in the diabetic supplies section. Or at the very least check with pharmacy.

I grew up with the CW understanding that you never use 70% rubbing alcohol to clean electronics because of the high - 30% - water content.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
I'm surprised for those who can't get it. 91% - any drug store around here sells it. If it isn't located right next to the 70% rubbing alcohol check in the diabetic supplies section. Or at the very least check with pharmacy..

Rick - she asked about 99%. 91% is easier to locate, not always tho......I was only able to find 91% at 1 store in approx. a 10 mile area.

Last edited:

bitterapples

Moved On
Feb 24, 2013
wa
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: deleted as per Supplier Admin

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I will not be talking about any future products or updates. I will help with trouble shooting when I can. This is my personal account I'm not here as a rep from provape. Thanks for all the support for our products it really does mean a lot to us to see the great feedback

Since you are not here as a missionary, may we assume you are one of us?

goc.gif

bitterapples

Moved On
Feb 24, 2013
wa
  • Deleted by Misty

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
Well, then that was your wife I was emailing back and forth with last week regarding my order. She was very helpful in resolving my issue and following up on it later too. Glad you're here and welcome! :)

I do vape. I'm a non smoker I vape 0nic juice and shofar I love the radiator pluid and I'm waiting for sum fusion vapor unicorn blood right now. I love my provari and my wife loves hers she has been smoke free since she got hers a year ago when she started at provape. She posts on here as jen360 she works as head of customer service.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I do vape. I'm a non smoker I vape 0nic juice and shofar I love the radiator pluid and I'm waiting for sum fusion vapor unicorn blood right now. I love my provari and my wife loves hers she has been smoke free since she got hers a year ago when she started at provape. She posts on here as jen360 she works as head of customer service.

First rate firm you and you wife work for. An outstanding product made even better by the people behind it.

Tapped out

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012

My guess is Jennifer, who was my savior once. We will keep that private and admonish those who might annoy either of you.

In case you are wondering about The ProVarinati: not only are we enthusiasts, but we felt the need to band together. For some reason (of which I have a theory I won't go into) the ProVari appears to bring out the nasty side of more members than any other device. At least once a week a thread is started with topics like, "Is the ProVari better than xxxx," "What's so great about the ProVari?" "When is ProVape coming out with VW?" This appears to have been going on since the products release.

As owners are so pleased with their purchase, in the beginning they often told new members to "Just get a ProVari," no matter what the OP was asking about. The way in the New Members forum beginners are now told to get a Vamo (or whatever the current Hot Toy is) or that they need to start wrapping coils, since it will save them money, when the new vaper may have asked what the difference between a top and bottom coil clearo is. It's true that in the beginning the more zealous owners went over the top with their recommendations, but you rarely see that anymore, except by the newest owners who can't control their excitement. What you will see, unfortunately, are the threads being answered with criticism of the ProVari, with an added, "Just wait, the ProVari fanboys will be here any minute!" If we reply with what we like about the device, we are accused of being status-seekers, praising the device only to justify spending too much money. It can get vicious; I'm not exaggerating. There are mechanical mods that cost thousands that evoke no response from the masses, yet even in this forum some members feel the need to drop in and tell us why they will never get a ProVari - as if we give a flying fruit bat.

And so The ProVarinati was born. A group identified as being owners who love their devices and watch out for each other when we are being bullied. I never imagined that when I quit smoking I would one day understand PWM and amp limits, but I had to learn to defend myself.

y38.gif

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I would say The ProVarinati have been largely successful, too. The anti-provite sentiment seems less these days. Peace seems possible with the wild and variable-wattage driven Vamorians, the hipster eVic crowd, and the mechanical madmen. A truce of near permanent nature seems to exist between our folk and the Reo-nauts.

Tapped out

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Jennifer is very helpful I just got an e-mail from her, for my order. Which my order this time, has been a pain, because of some security protocalls I guess, but my order, is now one state away from me now, thanks to her. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I will not be talking about any future products or updates. I will help with trouble shooting when I can. This is my personal account I'm not here as a rep from provape. Thanks for all the support for our products it really does mean a lot to us to see the great feedback.

I actually figured so much. You sounded uncommonly technical in your answer to a question here, and then I noticed your location as Provape Wa. Thanks for being so helpful and open.

I understand that you likely have an agreement with Provape not to discuss certain things about the company and keep certain information "in house", and ECF has rules and restrictions concerning vendor associates from speaking about their employer's products, too. But as far as providing basic technical information and simply building friendships on the open forums you are free to participate. You can be a valuable asset to us and I hope that you choose to continue to be an active participant on our forum. We'll try to understand your restrictions and not get you or your wife in trouble.

It's kool to know your wife's username and that she is a customer rep for Provape. She can be a valuable asset to our community, too. I would like to issue an open invitation to her to introduce herself here and encourage her to participate here also.

Do you know if you would be more free to talk in the Provape Supplier Forum than in this one? I know you have some restrictions about what you are allowed to say in this one. Which one do you prefer?

I view both of these sub-forums on ECF, but I spend way more time in this one. We actually have fun here in this one. :laugh: For instance, because of the "fanboy stigma" that the forum's "Haters" gave us as a "cult-like following" for openly supporting the Provari, we decided to create the Provarinati, or rather the Provari chose us to be it's disciples. The Ocelot is our Honorable ProVarinati Princess and Edd the Lion is our Grand Wizzard who created our sacred moniker.

We extend an open invitation to be one with us, the Provarinati. We are your family now, too.

provarinati.gif

Is Provape aware of the following tongue-in-cheek video about the Provari? Should give a few laughs to the staff.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012

A heads up about the Unicorn Blood, I got some recently and they don't call it blood for nothing. It's quite pretty in a tank, but (in my opinion) they went a bit overboard with the food coloring.

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I actually figured so much. You sounded uncommonly technical in your answer to a question here, and then I noticed your location as Provape Wa. Thanks for being so helpful and open.

....snip....

We extend an open invitation to be one with us, the Provarinati. We are your family now, too.

Is Provape aware of the following tongue-in-cheek video about the Provari? Should give a few laughs to the staff.

(Edited)

It's Eddard, or just Edd, or "the Lion".

Edit: Thank you, noble Baditude...

Tapped out

Last edited:

bitterapples

Moved On
Feb 24, 2013
wa
  • Deleted by Misty

bitterapples

Moved On
Feb 24, 2013
wa
  • Deleted by Misty

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Ok can someone tell me where to get 99% alcohol?
Yes, Amazon has it but as an add-on (because it's so cheap) to any order over $25 and I'm not about to spend that much for a bottle of alcohol no one can drink.

Does it really have to be 99%? You can get 91% Iso in any drugstore for a couple of bucks.

ETA: Read the thread after I posted my answer. :facepalm:

Never mind.

However, I use 91% to clean all my electronics--dries fast, never had a problem. But I wouldn't bathe my ProThingy in anything other than goat's milk. ;)

Last edited:

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Ok can someone tell me where to get 99% alcohol?
Yes, Amazon has it but as an add-on (because it's so cheap) to any order over $25 and I'm not about to spend that much for a bottle of alcohol no one can drink.

Well..here's a suggestion, maybe. Since I'm planning a veeery long life for my babies, Amazon had a 3 bottle deal with FS as long as your 'total' order was $25. I put it in my cart & the next day, sold out. OK..I put the 2 bottle deal in the cart, same FS & yup, you guessed it. Soooo, a bottle of vitamins, some pup treats & the add-on 99% were finally shipped out yesterday. I'm going to keep watching for the 3 bottle deal, it really was a good price & can always use something (puppy treats)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread