99% isopropyl alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
I actually figured so much. You sounded uncommonly technical in your answer to a question here, and then I noticed your location as Provape Wa. Thanks for being so helpful and open.

I understand that you likely have an agreement with Provape not to discuss certain things about the company and keep certain information "in house", and ECF has rules and restrictions concerning vendor associates from speaking about their employer's products, too. But as far as providing basic technical information and simply building friendships on the open forums you are free to participate. You can be a valuable asset to us and I hope that you choose to continue to be an active participant on our forum. We'll try to understand your restrictions and not get you or your wife in trouble.

It's kool to know your wife's username and that she is a customer rep for Provape. She can be a valuable asset to our community, too. I would like to issue an open invitation to her to introduce herself here and encourage her to participate here also.

Do you know if you would be more free to talk in the Provape Supplier Forum than in this one? I know you have some restrictions about what you are allowed to say in this one. Which one do you prefer?

I view both of these sub-forums on ECF, but I spend way more time in this one. We actually have fun here in this one. :laugh: For instance, because of the "fanboy stigma" that the forum's "Haters" gave us as a "cult-like following" for openly supporting the Provari, we decided to create the Provarinati, or rather the Provari chose us to be it's disciples. The Ocelot is our Honorable ProVarinati Princess and Edd the Lion is our Grand Wizzard who created our sacred moniker.

We extend an open invitation to be one with us, the Provarinati. We are your family now, too.

Is Provape aware of the following tongue-in-cheek video about the Provari? Should give a few laughs to the staff.

LOVE that video. It was awesome LOL. :D

PONKAW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Panama city
99% isopropyl is normally used in medical or lab environments. I used to repair printed circuit cards. 99% Iso was the only approved method to prep / clean boards and components. It is very aggressive toward electronic board coatings like silicone base or polyurethane (not so much epoxy and acrylics). It can soften the coatings and they can get caught on components and effect resistance levels. Other-wise it is a great cleaner, degreaser / anti oil agent. It is advised to use latex gloves because it quickly draws moister from the skin. Also remember that 99% is VERY flammable, It often burns in an almost transparent blue flame that's hard to see in bright light situations. Be cautions with live coils around any amount of alcohol.
Happy cleaning!

Oh yea. It will leave a very thin film on any thing it touches. This can usually be cleaned with a micro cloth and water / mild soap and water or my favorite was diluted window cleaner.

Last edited:

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
.....Oh yea. It will leave a very thin film on any thing it touches. This can usually be cleaned with a micro cloth and water / mild soap and water or my favorite was diluted window cleaner.

Wouldn't the residual soap residue defeat the purpose of using 99% isopropyl alchohol?
smartalec2.GIF

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Nice!!! I was gonna ask if any of y'all rec'd em yet.

It's funny cuz I was organizing my vapestation and stumbled across my little IPA from ProVape's cleaning kit. L'dMAO when I set it next to the 4oz bottle.

Unless you're doing something really extravagant with it, that bottle should last you 5+ years.

Still have 3 more to give out, ready to go. LMK.

73HACyG.jpg

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Nice!!! I was gonna ask if any of y'all rec'd em yet.

It's funny cuz I was organizing my vapestation and stumbled across my little IPA from ProVape's cleaning kit. L'dMAO when I set it next to the 4oz bottle.

Unless you're doing something really extravagant with it, that bottle should last you 5+ years.

Still have 3 more to give out, ready to go. LMK.

73HACyG.jpg

I'll take one. What do you want for it? :D

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Ok can someone tell me where to get 99% alcohol?
Yes, Amazon has it but as an add-on (because it's so cheap) to any order over $25 and I'm not about to spend that much for a bottle of alcohol no one can drink.

I picked up a bottle of 99% at Safeway. Pretty easy to find. But since my Safeway is in Washington, home of the Provari, it just makes sense that it's easy to find. And here I thought Provape WA. was spelled Monroe. Upset me when I had to pay sales tax on my Provari, then saw where the tracking info originated from, then I felt happy because I was supporting local industry.

Oh and no need to buy long Q-tips, I just lash 2 standard Q-tips together with dental floss, then when the 2 end tips have been used, just slide the other 2 ends to the outside, and can get a couple good cleanings out of one Q-tip build.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Ok....I'm going to share what happened after I rec'd my *premail*......

Fri my REO was scheduled to be delivered so of course I had that new toy excitement.
I go to the door around the time mail would get here only to see mail has already arrived along with the "sorry we missed you" pink slip.
That slip made me painfully aware it wasn't my usual carrier so of course I go on the hunt looking for my prey.
Finding him/her turned out to be a bust so I come back in the house and proceed to open my other mail.

I pull out this bottle with no label, no receipt and it's KILLING me wondering where this "order of ejuice" came from.
I hadn't even considered 99% IPA figuring you'd get them out when you could.

I guess about an hr goes by, I pick the envelope back up and THAT'S when it hits me.
The minute I stopped laughing is when I came to thank you.

Lova ya V and thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread