Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
There is a Bill that has already passed The Illinois Senate and is on its way to the House that will prohibit the sale or purchase of any product delivering nicotine that is not a tobacco product unless it has been approved or otherwise certified for legal sale by the FDA. Here is the Bill Status
Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for SB3174

This came as a bit of a surprise and my concern is that the people voting on this are unaware of exactly what is being targeted. I am asking that you help me let them know.

If vaping has changed the quality of your life please tell them and mention SB3174.

Thanks to you all!

Representative Marlow H. Colvin is the sponsor of the Bill

Springfield Office:
272-S Stratton Office Building
Springfield, IL 62706
(217) 782-8272
(217) 782-2404 FAX
District Office:
8539 South Cottage Grove
Chicago, IL 60619
(773) 783-8492
(773) 783-8625 FAX
Cook County
Email: repcolvin@sbcglobal.net

Governor Quinn will have the power to veto should it pass:

207 State Capitol
Springfield, IL 62706
217-782-6830
217-524-4049 FAX

James R. Thompson Center
100 W. Randolph Street, Ste. 16-100
Chicago, IL 60601
312-814-2121
312-814-6775 FAX

Here is a complete list of contact information for the Representatives:

Illinois General Assembly - Member List

If you are an Illinois resident here is a link to find your representative:

District/Official Search Results

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
E-cigarette News - E-Cigarette Forum (look down the list and see a few of these news articles)

You'll see there are several states all with 'eerily similar' bills on the exact same thing, same wording same subject. Someone doesn't want smokers to stop smoking despite their claims to the contrary. Apparently small businesses are likewise being penalised for daring to sell things in competition to big tobacco and big pharma. RIP American dream?

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
And this is how it will continue to be. They'll sneak this right in under everyone's noses... no news headlines until it's over.... just like raising the price of cigarettes constantly. Plus, they will not cover it in the news because they know Americans are fed up with this government already. If any revolt does start.... all they have to do is kill a few people and blame it on the e-liquid... simple to get the masses to follow suit then.

We Americans are too easily programmed.

Andtyler2

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
First off, thank you, to the folks at Cignot for sending out that mass alert. Also wanted to say that it's probably a good idea to check the updates posted in the CASAA forum. I was about to send off a couple of letters and read
1. that email is probably useless and
2. that it's better to send snail mail and/or call your rep after Easter when the bill goes to Rules​

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
I already sent out emails about a week ago. This stuff is getting insane. I think we need to figure out some kind of mass PR thing. Maybe newspaper articles. I'm doing a paper for school and am thinking about trying to get it published. Worst case, I'll try the editorials. Problem is the general public has no idea these even exist, so they tend to beleive all the crap that the FDA started about them.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
E-cigarette News - E-Cigarette Forum (look down the list and see a few of these news articles)

You'll see there are several states all with 'eerily similar' bills on the exact same thing, same wording same subject. Someone doesn't want smokers to stop smoking despite their claims to the contrary. Apparently small businesses are likewise being penalised for daring to sell things in competition to big tobacco and big pharma. RIP American dream?

I would say that this could definitely have something to do with the similarity of all these bills. :mad:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
That "someone" would be the American Lung Association. Here is an example of the trash they are sending to legislators. This one is from the New York ALA chapter. You might want to compare the words in here with some of the "justification" wording in the legislation.

View attachment 8022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread