Status
Not open for further replies.

flaviop

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Marlboro, NJ, USA
www.bloog.com
Based on the positive feedback I got from our previous contest, I would like to announce a new contest that is open to anyone on the ECF, (except Bloog employees of course). Send us your story of how you inspired someone to vape, changed the mindset of someone who was against vaping, or your own story of how you began vaping. The contest will run for the entire month of October 2014. I will pick someone at random next month and that lucky person will win a new Vesta kit in their choice of color with 2 free bottles of ejuice and some additional goodies.

Please keep the stories clean and keep the language clean as well. And if someone posts a story, please keep your replies respectful.

Thanks and Good luck!

gjm75

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
New Orleans,La usa
My mother ( a smoker of over 40 years ) wanted to give the e-cig thing a try after seeing how i was able to make the switch to vaping. I bought her the innokin i taste v/v starter kit. This was about six months ago. She has cut the amount of cigarettes she smokes in half! She is still struggling to give them up completely though, but i guess thats better than nothing! I try to keep pushing her and i also give her different flavors to try from time to time. She likes a good menthol vape. ( i cant stand menthol myself!) thanks for the contest!

rbeckys8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
idaho
I don't know why my friends who got me into vaping stopped vaping.. they didn't bother going to ECF or You Tube like I did and advance more..one has throat cancer now and the other has COPD..I wonder if they had continued vaping if they could have prevented their problems..I know I am better after 44 years of cigs..I try to spread the word but some won't listen...

Showbird

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2014
Rison, Arkansas, United States
I started vaping during the early summer this year to quit smoking and save money.

I introduced my brother to vaping a couple months ago, giving him and ego, liquid, and a protank 2 mini. After 2 weeks or so, he quit smoking at a pack a day habit.
I still give him free liquid that I really do not want to vape, and he is happy with it.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
I first started about 7 years ago after reading an article about it. Did what little research I could - wasn't much I could find back then. Got a cig-a-like setup with a couple batteries and disposable carts. Later got an extra battery and did a couple more order for carts. Used it mainly when I was someplace I couldn't smoke. A couple years later a battery had died and I was going through carts fast - they were weak and didn't last long. Went into a shop one day bought a new setup. was similar but the carts and batteries were a little better. Still wasn't good enough to get me off smokes so just kept them for planes and when stuck someplace. Early this year I looked into refillables and got a setup - was quite a bit better and helped me cut down. Did more research and learned about the bigger stuff and that is doing the trick for now.
Had a couple guys at work that were using the small basic stuff and still smoking part time. After they seen what I had and heard how it had helped me they ended up getting similar gear and the last I knew were doing pretty good.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
My oldest son approached me last year a little before Christmas. He asked if his stepmom and I would be willing to try vaping. Him and his wife had been doing it for about 6 mo. They wanted to give us each a set up for Christmas. I talked it over with my wife and we agreed that we would try it and possibly could at least cut down our smoking. Christmas came and we spent the day vaping and learning how to use, fill, adjust and change coils in the ego's we were given. Over the next 2 months we cut our analog use to about 4 or 5 a day. at the end of Feb. I got up one morning and decided not to light up that day. My wife did the same thing two weeks later. We have not looked back, we have however decreased our nic level, lost weight, feel a ton better, now we go to the gym almost every day we enjoy the clean free lifestyle that being analog free has provided us. I just bought a mountain bike, and we are looking at bike for my wife. Our lives are so much more than they used to be. My wife has some chronic pain issues and is on a very strong narcotic, we recently discussed the possibility of having her Dr. reduce the dose size due to the fact that working out has given her a lot more range of motion and less pain. I previously have had 2 heart attacks and now feel a ton better.

WE OWE OUR LIVES TO VAPING.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I had tried a cigalike that a friend's wife had given him for his birthday 7 years ago. Back then, it was a novelty--it didn't last that long and the replacements cost a lot so my friends let it fall by the wayside.

Earlier this year, when the media was running all sorts of hysterical stories about e-cigs and the practice of "vaping," I began to get curious: none of that gear looked like what my friend had gotten, and the stories on the internet that I read were overflowing with praise for the using larger devices. I was curious enough (though ambivalent about truly giving up smoking) to walk into a local vape shop and purchase a pair of ego 650 batts, two tanks, and three flavors. At the time, I had just started a new carton of cigarettes as my insurance blanket--after all, I mostly wanted to see what the fuss was about and whether or not it could save me some money. I ended up smoking fewer and fewer cigs. About halfway through the carton, I they smoking was beginning to taste bad and I might have stopped smoking then and there if not for the fact that my coils needed to be replaced (newbie mistake) and that, using smoker's logic, I didn't want to waste any of the cigarettes I had left. I got the coil situation sorted out, pushed my way through the remainder of the carton, and then decided to see how far I'd get without buying any more.

3 days from now will mark my 6-month anniversary of my last cigarette.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I first heard of e-cigs a several years ago, on the radio, the guy said they were awful, with no "smoke" & not worth the trouble.........almost 3 years ago while sick I went to you tube and saw some of the most amazing videos with all that vape from an Ego and other pen style batteries.. well needless to say I was sold.... Went to the local B & M... picked up an eGo-w kit...and learned about ECF......the following week my partner & I went back and got another one and haven't smoked since.....I read so much here and watched videos for weeks learning all I could..and sampled many juices until we found just the right ones.....
Thank you for the chance to win and convert another smoker....

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
I was walking through the flea market when I came upon a booth that was selling ego starter kits and eliquid. I thought it looked pretty cool and figured I'd give it a try. It was a total impulse buy, I had no desire or expectation of quitting smoking. I was a 30 year lover of smoking, so didn't really think I'd like the whole vaping thing.
Well, I went home that afternoon and loaded up a Ce4 clearomizer and never looked back. I got online and started researching and found ECF, quickly found some good sources of eliquid and upgraded my gear. I'm going on 100 days of vaping/ being cig free and I haven't had a cigarette since that first vape. The best impulse purchase I've ever made. Since then I've given several people starter kits and supplied them with e-liquid. I love spreading the word about vaping and helping people get off and stay off the killers known as cigarettes.

Thank you for the chance to win and spread the love to another smoker.

WifeyCO

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Mile Hi City
I had smoked for over 30 yrs, I had tried to quit cigarettes multiple times. I was diagnosed as borderline OCPD and that scared me. I set a date and quit cold turkey. After a horrible 3 days I really, really wanted to have a smoke. I decided to try vaping even though I knew no one that vaped and that day I found my way to quitting for good. March 1, 2011 was my last day of smoking. I am no longer borderline OCPD and I can breath, smell and taste better.

vvaappeerr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Tennessee, USA
This summer, at a "no smoking" ballpark, we spent lots of hours watching our kids play ball. I semi-stealth-vaped (no huge plumes, not necessarily trying to draw attention but at the same time, not really hiding) the whole time without leaving the benches, where the smokers would literally have leave the park to smoke. At one point, one of the dad's asked me about vaping. Two days later, I had him an eGo setup with some juices to try. He never left the ballpark again during the games or practices. I was one proud vaper.

Over two years for me now, and there is no going back to analogs.

Celestiiaa

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
California
Well, after a scary situation my husband had an EKG and was told while there was nothing wrong at this time if he did not quit caffeine and smoking he would be on his way to an early heart attack. He went out and researched the ecigs and came home one day with a starter kit for himself and me and some e-juice. He was very happy with it but I wasn't quite there yet and so was still smoking, though only about 4 cigs a day rather than the pack I had been on. He stopped right away and hasn't looked back. I finally stopped about 3 months ago and am soo happy I did.

Since then we have given the brother-in-law and a friend starter kits and juice and while they have not quit yet they have cut back significantly. And because we joined ECF and have read advice from all you lovely people and others, I have had the ability to inform some non smokers about the benefits of converting so they can try to pass it on to their loved ones.

rosehips

Oct 3, 2014
I'm at a college where smoking is basically part of the culture: I knew that I would get sucked into something if I waited long enough, but wasn't fond of the idea of cancer or anything I could go to jail for. I started researching ways to cut down my oral fixation while I was still mulling over that problem, and lo and behold, I found (no-nicotine) vaping as a way to keep myself from starting a habit that would destroy my body.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
A coworker showed me an ego-t and let me try it. I went and bought one that day and haven't had a cigarette since. I upgraded a lot but I always have a device with me, and I talk to anyone who will listen about vaping. Ive helped two co-workers quit so far and I hope I get the opportunity to help more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread