Status
Not open for further replies.

Brkdnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
Mad City, WI. USA
Hi all,

Been using an e-cig on and off for the last 7 months with the last couple months getting into it seriously to finally get off reg Smokes. I have read a lot and learned a lot from this forum thanks for having it.

The reason for this post is to make sure I have gotten the right information from the battery sticky that I read and that I do this safely.

I wanted something bigger and last longer than the ego style batteries for home use. I purchased a used Nemesis clone for a good price I put in a better set of new contacts since the others we well worn and switched out the switch spring to magnets and I am using a Kangertech Protank 2 on it. I have no plans for sub-ohm builds or cloud chasing just for use to fulfill my nic fix.

Now the two questions I have, might seem no brainers to most, but reading about battery safety I wanted to be sure.

1. Since I switched to a magnet switch I read on the battery page that I DO NOT want to use a flat top battery only a button top is that correct?

2. I know that a higher mAh rating means the battery will last longer, but is the amp rating important when using coils in the 1.8-2.2 ohm range. IE: will a 35A battery give me more or better performance than a 20A battery if they are both rated at say 2500mAh Or does it matter?

Thanks in advance for all your answers

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Hi all,

Been using an e-cig on and off for the last 7 months with the last couple months getting into it seriously to finally get off reg Smokes. I have read a lot and learned a lot from this forum thanks for having it.

The reason for this post is to make sure I have gotten the right information from the battery sticky that I read and that I do this safely.

I wanted something bigger and last longer than the ego style batteries for home use. I purchased a used Nemesis clone for a good price I put in a better set of new contacts since the others we well worn and switched out the switch spring to magnets and I am using a Kangertech Protank 2 on it. I have no plans for sub-ohm builds or cloud chasing just for use to fulfill my nic fix.

Now the two questions I have, might seem no brainers to most, but reading about battery safety I wanted to be sure.

1. Since I switched to a magnet switch I read on the battery page that I DO NOT want to use a flat top battery only a button top is that correct?

2. I know that a higher mAh rating means the battery will last longer, but is the amp rating important when using coils in the 1.8-2.2 ohm range. IE: will a 35A battery give me more or better performance than a 20A battery if they are both rated at say 2500mAh Or does it matter?

Thanks in advance for all your answers

wow - ego to nemesis. that's quite a jump. Most jump into regulated mods first - there are some good ones available and you get a more consistent vape. With a mech your vape quality will diminish as the battery looses voltage.

Answer to your questions:
1) Not sure, don't have one, but I can't think of a reason why it would not fire with flat top batteries.. if it doesn't you can always get a spacer that will allow it to make connection. I think kidneypuncher.com sells them.

3) some batteries operate better with different resistances. I think above .8ohms the LG HE2 outperforms the Sony VTC5s on battery life, even though VTC5's have a higher mAh rating. there are battery charts that will show you battery performance, just google around a bit :)

Be Safe!! read Badatude's blogs on battery safety.

JDSHerring

Moved On
Jan 7, 2015
Austin, Texas
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple accounts are not permitted on ECF

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
The first thing you will need is a way to measure the ohms of your atomizer, next you should get familiar with steam-engine.org
The batteries will need to be 20 - 30 amp high drain flat top.
If you could afford a DNA 30 box mod that would be your safest and best bang for your buck.
If you need help building coils look up rip trippers ( youtube )

Brkdnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
Mad City, WI. USA
Thanks for the fast replies didn't quite jump from ego to Nenesis I did have a really cheap VV battery in between but it sucked

I got this off one of the battery pages here is why I asked about the button top batteries

"For example, Provape recommends using only AW IMR button top batteries in the Provari; using magnets on flat top batteries will void the warranty because this is an unsafe battery practice."

Do have an ohm meter on order nothing expensive but like I said not doing any sub-ohm stuff so I think it should be OK for reading the 2.0 ohm range stuff

Justadude

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Thanks for the fast replies didn't quite jump from ego to Nenesis I did have a really cheap VV battery in between but it sucked

I got this off one of the battery pages here is why I asked about the button top batteries

"For example, Provape recommends using only AW IMR button top batteries in the Provari; using magnets on flat top batteries will void the warranty because this is an unsafe battery practice."

Do have an ohm meter on order nothing expensive but like I said not doing any sub-ohm stuff so I think it should be OK for reading the 2.0 ohm range stuff

(facepalm):facepalm:
This is EXACTLY the same ..... I read yesterday, and searched but couldn't find the answer on the web, so came here and asked folks but nobody's responding, common peeps :closedeyes:

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I could see how a magnet could be an unsafe battery practice.. if it were to move on the top of the battery it could touch the wall of the mod and short the battery. not sure how likely that is though.

Maybe check the mech mod forums for an answer on the nemesis thread?

This is what I was talking about Flat Top Battery Adapter

Brkdnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
Mad City, WI. USA
you might have 3-4 mm trigger which to me beets a tight auto fire fit.

Trigger is less than that with the new contacts installed they are very heavy duty, top contact is way thicker than the original and with magnets it's a very short throw according to the manf. " Firing pin was upgraded to deliver 1mm of throw instead of 2.5mm" I have had good luck with it so far even standing it up without using the lock ring it doesn't fire. But I always do use the lock :D

DSCN2808.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread