A Cricket that doesn't spit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishin' Cricket

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Missouri, USA
But I do plenty of chirpin'! ;)

Hi, all.. I'm a recent lurker, I think I have read about a hundred threads by now.. Thought I would introduce myself.

Pack a day of Camel Lights for 15 years.

Wow, it's sad that that single fact defines so much of me.. Ya know? Kinda like a gave over a portion of my identity, my individuality, to Camel Joe. I have a pretty addictive personality and I can see already that if I can drive myself away from Camels it will most likely only be because I have replaced the bad habit with another habit.

I jumped in headlong and ordered a KR808D-1 starter kit from Cigeasy, sounds like I'll be ordering some extra parts and juice soon.. Probably a PCC too.. Oddly, I am actually looking forward to the transition!

I signed up and am posting from my iPhone, so I have a question:

the USB chargers and passthroughs, ca they be plugged into my USB adaptor that I use to charge my iPhone? That would be extra handy.. And it would bring up another question.. Can the USB plug in a new vehicle be used to charge or passthrough?

tarkus

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Dunedin, Florida
Your cellphone charger will need to put out at least 1000 milliamps to operate the passthru. I know the output on mine is a lot less. The usb in the car will probably work for charging. As far as the passthru I avoid using this on my computer even though it works. There is a chance it can short out the circuit and I do not want to trash my computer. Not sure but the same may apply to the vehicle usb.

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
Tarkus, if you don't use the passthru on your computer, where do you use it? I just got one yesterday and have had it plugged into my laptop ever since. I'm just wondering what else it would be used for.

Welcome Cricket. I was pretty anxious to get my kit, too. I've had it for just about a week and am enjoying it thoroughly. You will too, with your choice of PV.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
As far as the passthru I avoid using this on my computer even though it works. There is a chance it can short out the circuit and I do not want to trash my computer. Not sure but the same may apply to the vehicle usb.
I've read about the possibility of an errant PT frying circuits in a number of threads. I'm wondering if this has actually happened to anyone, or if it is just a theoretical possibility.

I plugged several PTs into an unpowered USB 1.0 hub, which in turn was plugged into a powered USB 2 hub. I figured that even though it was outdated and slow for data it could deliver the current for the PTs, which it seemed to do satisfactorily. But, several times I got a popup on my monitor stating something to the effect that the device was drawing too much power for its design (I've only seen that message when using the 1.0 hub).

My Kenwood 8120, in my car, has several USB ports. I would HATE to damage my head unit ... or my desktop PC. Just wondering, has this happened to anyone?

Last edited:
But I do plenty of chirpin'! ;)

Hi, all.. I'm a recent lurker, I think I have read about a hundred threads by now.. Thought I would introduce myself.

Pack a day of Camel Lights for 15 years.

Wow, it's sad that that single fact defines so much of me.. Ya know? Kinda like a gave over a portion of my identity, my individuality, to Camel Joe. I have a pretty addictive personality and I can see already that if I can drive myself away from Camels it will most likely only be because I have replaced the bad habit with another habit.
I just started vaping and while I haven't quite kicked the regular cigarettes yet (misjudged the amount of nicotine I'd be craving - went extra low/0 nic on first order and second order - placed Wed - hasn't come in yet :()

I got into this knowing full well that I'd be swapping one habit for another. But the new habit doesn't have tar, carbon monoxide, or the carcinogens. It's less expensive, doesn't stink up the house or my clothes, I don't have to roll down the car window to vape when it's freezing or raining out and best of all, the non-smoking hubby doesn't complain about cigarette breath. ;)

Figure that would be a pretty good swap for just the lack o lung pollution, the rest is just some really good bonuses.

Fishin' Cricket

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Missouri, USA
I just started vaping and while I haven't quite kicked the regular cigarettes yet (misjudged the amount of nicotine I'd be craving - went extra low/0 nic on first order and second order - placed Wed - hasn't come in yet :()

I got into this knowing full well that I'd be swapping one habit for another. But the new habit doesn't have tar, carbon monoxide, or the carcinogens. It's less expensive, doesn't stink up the house or my clothes, I don't have to roll down the car window to vape when it's freezing or raining out and best of all, the non-smoking hubby doesn't complain about cigarette breath. ;)

Figure that would be a pretty good swap for just the lack o lung pollution, the rest is just some really good bonuses.
Exactly!!! Couldn't have said it better myself.. In fact I didn't..

Thanks all for the warm welcome, I'll keep ya all updated..

tarkus

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Dunedin, Florida
A thread here recommended a usb power supply from USB Power Adapters: USB Power Supplies. Price was only $1.95 and another $1.95 for shipping. 2000 miliamp, dual output and circuit protected. WOW! I love it. I think members here have now wiped out their inventory. I was going to order a couple more but the price went up to $9.95 and then they sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread