super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
@Highwayman1224 - For god sakes brother, please wear a
f:censored:king helmet. My best friend thought he had a bullet proof head too. His family, new wife, young daughter and all his friends found out in 2010 that he was wrong. Sucks for everyone else in your life when your not here anymore when it could have been avoided, ya know what I'm saying bro?

It don't take much of an impact to the head to ruin ya. And ya don't always die either. Sometimes the rest of the world has to like wipe your ayuss and turn ya so ya don't get bed sores while ya lay around a like a vegetable.

And yeah yeah yeah I've heard every excuse in the book, like "at the speed I ride a helmet ain't gonna save me" type of sh it. All I say, and I say it outta care for you, is there are people who will be f'd up permanently if you wind up not here for them anymore.

Peace. Russ

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Back when I was 14 I had a large mini bike and after a few weeks if riding it my mother took me to the store to buy a helmet for it..

The same day I had the new helmet on is when I was riding full bore down the neighborhood street to my cousins house and the front end fork just came off and I remember going "oh .... this is gona hurt" and the next thing I know I was rolling down the street with my head hitting the curb and thinking while it's happening, thank god I have a helmet on!

I was ok but my ribs hurt and had my dad drive over in his pick up truck to hall the bike home in pieces.

Boy did I feel there was someone watching out for me that made my mother get me a helmet just in time.

From then on I always had a helmet for the few scooters I've owned since.

Michigan passed a law that allows u not to wear a helmet and I think it's stupid.

I have mad respect when I see a biker wear a helmet as I see alot that dont!

Why would you want to feel large bugs smack you in the face going 60-70 mph I have no idea.

Broken bones can heal.. take an impact without a helmet could be the end of your freedom.

Last edited:

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Large bugs, road debris, stuff off of trucks, and the worst of all, HAIL. I guess they don't have hail in AZ, but man, when this kid rode 2 wheels, it was an Aerostich, gloves, combat touring boots and a Shoei full-face helmet.

I remember coming up on a bad crash one day long ago while out and about, there was a mangled Harley on the side of the road, and you could tell by the damage, the rider was already on his way to the hospital, if not the morgue. Cops and an ambulance already on the scene.

There was a guy there helping to direct the traffic around the mess, and I asked him what had happened. He said some guy just pulled out in front of the biker, who was going around 40mph, from a parking lot. The biker never had a chance. There was a huge dent in the driver-side door of the car, and I remember thinking, there but for the grace of God...

I asked the guy if he knew how badly the biker was hurt, he pointed to a full set of leathers and a helmet sitting on the side of the road, and said, "I'm fine, a little sore, but okay, thanks."

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
image.jpeg

Here's mine @Highwayman1224. I'd gladly put it in the box and send it to you since I don't have a bike at the moment. I can always buy another helmet but we can't get another highwayman and you seem like a cool dude. I know, it's a MX helmet but imagine how bad ... you'd look rockin that bad boy down the road. You can remove the visor so it don't strain your neck at highway speeds but if it rains the visor helps.

Funny (not really though) I was just talking to Mrs. Dahl, Bryan K. Dahl's mother on FB on Friday and it still brings tears to my eyes when I realize that you get real lucky if you make one true friend in life. Since Bry is no longer here my luck in that department kinda dipped out with him. The hole left by not having that great friend can never be filled.

So it's that that makes me a pansy ayuss helmet nazi cause I'm sure there's ATLEAST one dude that considers you that kind of friend brother. If they lose you it's gonna SUCK for them (and you won't be here to see how it f's up their life) especially when it could have possibly been avoided. They are gonna beat your ayuss when they get up (or down) there with ya. Bryan's got some ayuss kicking to take when we see him again. But he was a bad ayuss dude so it's gonna take a several of us to jump him in. Peace brother @Highwayman1224. And yes that is a killer lookin bike bro.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Here's mine @Highwayman1224. I'd gladly put it in the box and send it to you since I don't have a bike at the moment.
What an amazing offer Russ! Hope he takes you up on it. So sorry for you loss. On the other side, we have dear friends dealing with the aftermath of a husband/father who did survive, but it was very touch and go for a few months as to what he'd be able to do. Was in a coma for a long while and it looked like little brain activity. He's incredibly lucky that he is doing much better now and able to do a lot for himself, but his condition and the medical bills totally changed their lives. I would imagine he was wearing a helmet, but don't know for sure.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Thanks man! I've had friends killed too & actually have a nice full face helmet sitting in a box that's brand new. Just have always loved riding without one.
View attachment 498015
Here's mine @Highwayman1224. I'd gladly put it in the box and send it to you since I don't have a bike at the moment. I can always buy another helmet but we can't get another highwayman and you seem like a cool dude. I know, it's a MX helmet but imagine how bad ... you'd look rockin that bad boy down the road. You can remove the visor so it don't strain your neck at highway speeds but if it rains the visor helps.

Funny (not really though) I was just talking to Mrs. Dahl, Bryan K. Dahl's mother on FB on Friday and it still brings tears to my eyes when I realize that you get real lucky if you make one true friend in life. Since Bry is no longer here my luck in that department kinda dipped out with him. The hole left by not having that great friend can never be filled.

So it's that that makes me a pansy ayuss helmet nazi cause I'm sure there's ATLEAST one dude that considers you that kind of friend brother. If they lose you it's gonna SUCK for them (and you won't be here to see how it f's up their life) especially when it could have possibly been avoided. They are gonna beat your ayuss when they get up (or down) there with ya. Bryan's got some ayuss kicking to take when we see him again. But he was a bad ayuss dude so it's gonna take a several of us to jump him in. Peace brother @Highwayman1224. And yes that is a killer lookin bike bro.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Thanks man! I've had friends killed too & actually have a nice full face helmet sitting in a box that's brand new. Just have always loved riding without one.

Get one with a sound system.. then you'll want to wear it.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
omggggggggg I love that!! Did you paint it or someone else.......or is it some computerized something? Ever how it came to be, I love it!!
Pixir app on my phone :cool:

Was out backpacking over the weekend...had never been to the place that pic was taken before. Took my breath away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread