A few questions and unfortunately a few problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eventus

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
US
I have been vaping for about one month now and I’ve only smoked 2 and a half packs of analogs! Used to be a pack and a half a day smoker now a few days can go by without 1 analog!

I would like to mention that I still consider myself a noob at this I would also like to apologize for the way this is written I can’t seem to collect my thoughts tonight and so the layout of this may not be the most professional. I would also like anyone who reads this to know that I have done a lot of research and some issues I still don’t know what to do about hence my post here.

Anyways that’s the good news onto the questions and such.

Since I started I have been on a journey to find my favorite all day vape juice I think I’m close but I’m not sure I’m quite there yet.
I have been buying juices from several places mainly vape dudes.

Here is my current setup:
2x ego twists (altsmoke)
1 Vivi nova (gotvapes)
2x Stardusts (altsmoke)
1x Yeti/eGo/510 - Atomizer (altsmoke)
Many Boge 3.0 ohm Cartomizers (altsmoke)

I’m trying to find some kind of inexpensive system that allows me to try all my juices without issues. Here are some of the issues I have come across while trying to find a good system that allows me to do this.

Clearomizers such as the Stardusts (AKA Vision Version 3 clearomizer) and the Vivi nova (good tank systems with a lot of space which is great for a juice I already like but bad for sampling due to the size and changing from one juice to the other is a hassle since I will usually get the taste of the previous juice). The Kanger T4 510 Slim Clear Cartomizers are great for sampling due to the size but I run into the issue of finding the previous taste of the old juice and my favorite juice at the moment (Cinnamon roll from vapedudes I like it to be high VG and does not wick well also it eats through the tube)

Atomizers are great for sampling juices but I still run into the issue of tasting the old juice and cleaning after sampling each juice is a hassle.

Cartomizers are great but they are somewhat expensive and you need to use a lot of juice to fill them just to sample.

The end result I’m trying to reach here is I’d like to have maybe cartos to sample my juices and for the good juices I may like but not necessarily love I’d like to put those in something clear (I like the colors showing so I don’t have to label) like the Kengars I mentioned above since they are small and take very little liquid to fill, then for my favorite juices maybe use a big tank like a punched carto tank. I would like some feedback on how to accomplish this.

Now here is a major issue I’m running into.
On my Vivi Nova
every other hit is a dry hit, when I do get a good hit the flavor is toned down, now I’ve done research and apparently the toned down flavor issue is normal on the Vivi Nova? (I’d also like to mention that I have tried a different atomizer head on it and I also tried fluffing the wicks to no avail I also checked to make sure the rubber on the tip of the atomizer isn’t choking the wicks. Any feedback here would be greatly appreciated.

Any replies will be greatly appreciated and if any more info is needed I will be more than glad to provide it!

Thanks in advance!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I missed the part about what juice you are using (PG/VG ratio).

Dry hits on V.N.

1) Tip and roll it between hits.
2) Make sure it is wicking properly. Clean the head and/or replace it. Heavy VG juice won't wick well in most all setups. It may have to be thinned.
3) Flavor on my V.N. is as good as direct dripping or close. DD is the best flavor. So...IDK.
4) The rubber cap may be pinching the wicks. Some trim the end of it or cut notches. You have to look at it when it's all clean and you may be able to tell. Or unscrew/lossen the top a bit and see if it helps (Leak danger!)..if it helps, the wick is pinched. Trim the cap and tighten down the top again.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Since you seem to be comfortable buying from Altsmoke, try a couple of the Nano cartomizers. These are actually a ce3. No polyfill like a cartomizer, but wicking system similar to a clearomizer. Basically a cartomizer-sized clearo that is reusable. Only hold 1 ml of juice, perfect for testing new flavors. Easy pop off top for easy filling and emptying. Just rinse, shake water out, and refill with the next flavor. Only $3 each

AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Nano Clearomizer - 510 Thread

nanocarto.jpg

Above is a Nano from Smokeless Image, shown only for appearance. The SI Nano uses an 808 thread. The Altsmoke Nano uses a 510 thread.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
As Attypops said - every now and then just tilt the vivi nova and roll it, to let juice onto the wicks. Also, let it sit for a while after first filling it. 5 minutes or so. This may be why your new head is still giving dry hits - it may not have wicked up.
I don't get muted flavor from vivi novas - I get very full flavor. I use Vision vivi novas.

Here's a video on how to clean the vivi nova heads. Don't worry about the second part of the video on rebuilding unless that's something you are ready for.

Also a video with more detailed step by step on the dry burning part of the process:
Real Reviews: How I dry burn my Vivi heads - YouTube

If the heads aren't clean then flavor will be muted and vapor will start decreasing too.

Last edited:

s3m1c00l

Nov 14, 2012
Blo-No
Thanks for the replies!
I would like to mention that I have done research and that I do know about the tipping to get the VN to wick that has not worked. I have to put it down for a few mins before I can vape without dry hits

I am using 50/50 juice

I have found that if my voltage is set too high (or my ohms are too low), it causes wicking issues. Have you tried going from the lowest setting on the Ego-C Twist and moving up to find your "sweet spot". Everyone has a different spot they like.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Thanks for the replies!
I would like to mention that I have done research and that I do know about the tipping to get the VN to wick that has not worked. I have to put it down for a few mins before I can vape without dry hits

I am using 50/50 juice

That means it's wicking too slowly. Clean wick and/or thin juice. :)

Eventus

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
US
Since you seem to be comfortable buying from Altsmoke, try a couple of the Nano cartomizers. These are actually a ce3. No polyfill like a cartomizer, but wicking system similar to a clearomizer. Basically a cartomizer-sized clearo that is reusable. Only hold 1 ml of juice, perfect for testing new flavors. Easy pop off top for easy filling and emptying. Just rinse, shake water out, and refill with the next flavor. Only $3 each

AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Nano Clearomizer - 510 Thread

View attachment 153641

Above is a Nano from Smokeless Image, shown only for appearance. The SI Nano uses an 808 thread. The Altsmoke Nano uses a 510 thread.

i dont mind buying from other places so long as its a solution for me haha.

Eventus

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
US
any reccomendations on what carto tank to buy? seems like the only thing i havent purchased yet haha

needs to be clear and prefferably not crack by acidic juices.

im worried about the wicking situation with those, i see that the holes get punched a the bottom of the carto does that make the juice stay towards the bottom of the carto? i dont see how dry hits r not an issue. maybe i need clarification on this?

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I use the cheap 510 atty also the trick is just use it till its dry, then add new juice, some of the combo taste isnt great but a fe times with the next juice clears it right out and all you taste is the new juice.

I used to also try and clean before switching, but in the end I would have 3-4 attys - use one and toss into a small cup of vodka then just use another, when I ran out I would grab on out of the vodka rinse it then use it.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I get the muted flavor from the VN as well, tons of vapor, but it subdues the sweetness I like in my juices. I'm in the process of trying a few things I've found on here, I'll let you know how it goes. IF I can get it put back together! I don't know how people rebuild these things, it's like microscopic surgery for my old eyes trying to get the wires in the right places!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread