A few questions from a 2nd week noob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyloric Thinker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Campbell, CA
I've been vaping for a little over a week now and am proud to say I've only had 2 analogs! Not bad from a pack/day smoker!

I've been starting to gather a bit of equipment and am wondering... Where do I put it all? That's my question; How do you guys store all your cartos, atties, carts, juices, ad infinitum?

Also, I'm thinking about a usb passthrough for my evenings by the computer. Are all these the same? I'd like the same 3.7V I'm getting from my Riva and the ability to use the 510 accessories I already own. Could I just get a Joye 510 PT? These seem to be the least expensive, but I can't get an honest answer in their product descriptions.

Thanks for all the help you've provided thus far! It's been an amazing experience.

Ryan

Icoth

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
CA
Hi Ryan

Congratulations on your success. I use some clear plastic parts boxes to store a lot of my stuff. I took the lid off one so I can stand taller items up. I've heard other folks use toolboxes and that sounded like a good idea as well. My large bottles of juice, PG, VG and flavorings I keep in a kitchen cabinet.

As for the pass-through, when I was shopping the 510's were 3.7 unless they specified 5 volt. A quick email probably wouldn't be a bad idea before you order, just to be safe. They should be compatible with your current atties and cartos. Since you've been shopping you've seen the ego PT's. They cost more, but provide a spare battery when you need one. Don't know if that would be worth the difference in price for you or not.

My 510 PT gave a slightly hotter vape than a 510 battery, not huge, but enough to be noticeable. It wasn't long before I preferred the extra kick, decided I wanted even more and ended up getting a battery mod. Lol, you've been warned, once you start down that road be prepared to spend even more money.

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
Congratulations on doing so well on your first week Ryan. I've heard of quite a few cases that members use to store their equipment. The most common ones are tackle boxes, tool boxes, and art/craft cases. I picked up a nice 3 tier tackle box for all of mine gear. It has nice little compartments in the shelves to separate the little stuff.

As far as the passthru goes, I'm not positive, but I don't think the eGo/Riva are true 3.7V. If you're happy with the performance your getting from the Riva, you can pick up a handy eGo passthru over at Liberty Flights for about $22. These are nice because you can unplug it from the usb cord and use it on the go as a regular or spare battery. Plus, everything is compatible w/ the accessories you already have. Hope this helps.

BlackMetalBuick

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
Chicago, IL
I keep everything in a drawer here at my desk. I don't have all that much, maybe 7 different juices and my Inferno kit.

I would definitely recommend a passthrough battery, they are great for when you are at your desk. Like Icoth said, most are 3.7v, but you will notice a little bit better performance compared to a 3.7v battery by itself.

INFERNO - USB Battery

cosul

Moved On
Dec 22, 2010
Long Key, Florida
  • Deleted by AngusATAT

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Texas
  • Deleted by Lightgeoduck
  • Reason: quoted deleted post

Hrtbrkr1965

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Indiana
Bought a Plano Clear compartment Tackle box for a bout $5 at walmart! It has the plastic dividers in it to adjust to whatever size you need and come in sizes from very small to double flip sizes! They hold my big 30 ml bottles with the dividers adjusted down to just the right size for cartridges and atomizers and batteries! Excellent investment! Decorated mine with Mr. Yuck Stickers so the Kids will know to stay out also!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread