ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2018

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
This is the kind of stuff Kimmy would buy Kayne. Too bad they're not vapers, there would be mass demonstrations opposing any government regulation of something they use.

Think maybe we should see if we could hire them as spokespeople in exchange for that Dotmod one? It is the best value compared to the others, and has more than enough bling, right?

Reactions: vapdivrr

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
You know, to me that feels like a different category. Since it's just zirconium and very little precious metals, you're basically paying for labour. Very well executed labour in fact. Atrocious* result of course but there's still something to be said for a bit of painstaking and well finished handicraft.

That is definitely tackier....

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Look the really rich have to feel like they can "splurge" like everyone else. For some people I guess a Juul really is the holy grail.

I spent most of my teen and young adult years in one of the richest areas of the country and I've met these people. Sometimes, you have to splurge.

Sometimes, you don't need to but this is one reason the lottery is pretty evil if you go from zero to several billion all at once, you WILL not know how to handle your money, you just won't.

I would probably try to find a way to make most of it inaccessible to me, because I am fallible, just like the next person.

It's not about the look, either. It's about the PERCIEVED look.

I mean I could spray paint a Juul with enameled gold paint and it might not look much different, as long as my husband was around to politely inform me that putting it in the oven to dry it faster is bad.

I did that once before with me and my kid's Gould Mothership that we made one fine afternoon.

THAT was a good use of money and I STILL have it. Poor use of brain power, but hey, no one lost an eye,

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
To be fair Juuls look awful no matter what you do to them. I just can't help thinking... Doesn't the battery like DIE? What is the person gonna do then?

Juuls do look awful but it doesn't seem to matter somehow.

To be fair, cigarettes aren't exactly attractive, either. I have never plated one in gold though.

I had a few cigarette holders in my time. I was always waving them about and the cigarette would go flying, etc.

Good for no nic stains on fingers I guess...

Anna

Reactions: puffon

Cooperant

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2018
To be fair Juuls look awful no matter what you do to them. I just can't help thinking... Doesn't the battery like DIE? What is the person gonna do then?

Juuls do look awful but it doesn't seem to matter somehow.

To be fair, cigarettes aren't exactly attractive, either. I have never plated one in gold though.

I had a few cigarette holders in my time. I was always waving them about and the cigarette would go flying, etc.

Good for no nic stains on fingers I guess...

Anna
You know Anna, I always wondered why people called those nic stains. I smoked roll-ups with and without filter and I feel it's really tar stains rather than nic stains.

Did try the more 'masculine' cigarette holders for a while (short and stubby, versus long and elegant, the one area where the shorter fallic object has the more masculine connotation :lol:) and liked them for the cool drag and the possibility to integrate an active filter.

I couldn't stick with it. Too many parts, too inconvenient. And here I am holding a device that has more parts than your average toaster. Time makes fools of us all.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
You know Anna, I always wondered why people called those nic stains. I smoked roll-ups with and without filter and I feel it's really tar stains rather than nic stains.

Did try the more 'masculine' cigarette holders for a while (short and stubby, versus long and elegant, the one area where the shorter fallic object has the more masculine connotation :lol:) and liked them for the cool drag and the possibility to integrate an active filter.

I couldn't stick with it. Too many parts, too inconvenient. And here I am holding a device that has more parts than your average toaster. Time makes fools of us all.

Maybe one of these holders?
FDR.jpg

Cooperant

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2018
Maybe one of these holders?
View attachment 829945
Close, more like this, but with a thread behind the broad part where you can unscrew it to put in one of those pipe filters with sylica gel cristals.

Screenshot_20190801-214306~2.png

That's just a little shorter than a filter cigarette, but I preferred unfiltered roll-ups or Gitanes in there for the polished version of the Sartre look (yeah, I thought my angst was quite exceptional at the time :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread