A lil assistance please(noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawl

Dec 13, 2013
Rochester, NY
I have been vaping since Dec 3rd(no more analogs). I have a vision spinner 1300 with a mini protank II. Just bought a MVP v2 which came with a iclear30...tbh not to fond of the iclear30 and want to get something else. I could just get another pt but wouldn't mind trying something else...any recommendations ???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
As bad suggested, we need more info as to what why you don't like it.

The protank is a bottom coil tank which gives a cooler vape and the iclear I'm guessing since bad said it was lol a top coil tank and gives a warmer vape. If you want to try top coil tanks I'd suggest a metal vivi nova.
Always get metal or glass tanks to avoid any possible issues with tank cracking juices.

Again though please give more detail as to why you don't like it or what it is that you are looking for out of your vape.

Nate Rager

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2013
Metro detroit, Michigan
You are a bit in the same boat as I am. Haven't been vaping very long so you don't really know what you want. But, I have spent close to 40 hours watching reviews and reading about all of the different options. If you are just looking to try something new for the heck of it I would recommend trying a vivi Nova as mentioned above. Then, while you're tootin away on that watch some YouTube videos on cartotanks, top coils, bottom coils, rebuildable dripping atomizers, rebuildable tank atomizers, dual coils, single coils, split single coils, insane quad coils, wick types, mechanical mods, regulated mods, kicks..... Holy. Crap... I've been doing too much research... Ignore my advice if you don't want to spend a lot of money on this stuff.... Oh.. Super important. If you do look into mechanical mods and rebuilding coils make sure you do some research on safety regarding the topic.... End rant.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Crawl:11684736 said:
My biggest dislike is the much warmer vape... Didnt prduce as much vape as my mini..would the vape size be solved by playing around with the volts and/or watts?

Yes, the iclear is a dual coil. If you're not getting vape production, and it's not burnt, just increase till you're satisfied.

And battery safety is just as important in regulated/boost PVs as mechanicals. You're short circuit protection comes from coil, not what your battery is putting out for the boost circuit.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My biggest dislike is the much warmer vape... Didnt prduce as much vape as my mini..would the vape size be solved by playing around with the volts and/or watts?

Vapor can cool the farther it has to travel. Therefore, with the top coil clearo's the vapor will be slightly warmer, the bottom coil clearo's will be slightly cooler.

Theoretically, the dual coils of the iClear 16, iClear 30, iClear 30S, and the Protank 3 should produce more vapor due to the fact there are two coils present instead of a single coil. A higher voltage/wattage setting might be in order for dual coil setups, as the 2.0 ohm dual coil measurement is actually two 4.0 ohm coils working together - an ohm meter will read the two coils as 2.0 ohm.

Adjustment of the voltage/ and watts will have some effect on vapor quantity. A higher Vg ratio in the e-liquid will have the most effect in producing more vapor.

Last edited:

Nate Rager

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2013
Metro detroit, Michigan
holy crap Nate..u just sent my head spinning. Guess I have ALOT of research to do

Haha.. Yeah... Mine was spinning like crazy when I was trying to figure out my first set up.. After a billion videos and threads I have a better idea of what I want to do with my vaping now...

If you don't like the warmer vape stick to the bottom coils for now. The vivi Nova is a top coil which will usually be warmer in itself and it's a dual coil at that which makes it. Even warmer.

Nate Rager

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2013
Metro detroit, Michigan
holy crap Nate..u just sent my head spinning. Guess I have ALOT of research to do

Vapor can cool the farther it has to travel. Therefore, with the top coil clearo's the vapor will be slightly warmer, the bottom coil clearo's will be slightly cooler.

Theoretically, the dual coils of the iClear 16, iClear 30, iClear 30S, and the Protank 3 should produce more vapor due to the fact there are two coils present instead of a single coil. A higher voltage/wattage setting might be in order for dual coil setups, as the 2.0 ohm dual coil measurement is actually two 4.0 ohm coils working together - an ohm meter will read the two coils as 2.0 ohm.

Adjustment of the voltage/ and watts will have some effect quantity. A higher Vg ration in the e-liquid will have the most effect in producing more vapor.

This is something I have a hard time wrapping my head around. How are 2 ohm coils essentially 2 4ohm coils working together. My rudimentary math skills tell me 2+2=4 so 2 2ohm coils should be like a 4ohm coil working by itself.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Crawl

Dec 13, 2013
Rochester, NY
After a lil tinkering between VV and VW I got the iclear to produce vapor like my mini PT. Stilll like the mini better cooler vaper and has a more airy feel, so i guess i like the bottom coiled tanks better. So I guess know my questionnow is, Is there anything out there thats like the mini pt but better? lol sorry I am always looking for uprgading..and than you for everyones advice and Happy Christmas.

Nate Rager

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2013
Metro detroit, Michigan
After a lil tinkering between VV and VW I got the iclear to produce vapor like my mini PT. Stilll like the mini better cooler vaper and has a more airy feel, so i guess i like the bottom coiled tanks better. So I guess know my questionnow is, Is there anything out there thats like the mini pt but better? lol sorry I am always looking for uprgading..and than you for everyones advice and Happy Christmas.

Check out the full size. Pt2. I'm vaping it right now. Except the drip tip is gone .. Sadly it fell off somewhere at work. Using an El cheapo plastic tip at the moment.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
I didn't like the iClear that I got with my MVP at first either, but the trick is that you just have to keep rolling it around to keep the wicks saturated. If you can do that (which just becomes instinctual after a while) it does produce a very nice, warm, thick vape, and I like how the tip rotates around, makes me feel like I'm vaping a pipe or something. All my other tanks are Kanger bottom coils so it's kinda neat to have something a little different to play around with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread