A list of DNA200 mods with pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepR KReapR

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
SE Michigan
Cimon, help the uneducated (me). What is the wire used in the coils in the first picture? It doesn't look twisted, it looks like it has horizontal ridges fabricated into the wire???

Pro shoots by Pauly Meatballs

d2ILdVw.png

f73OV1a.png

BnvcXQy.png

s5zvIHL.png

wJbvnH8.png

ZhwApQE.png

hRpuWcc.png

device features:
• battery cover fitted on magnets
• triple 18650 battery
• spring loaded, gold plated 510 pin
• stainless steel 510
• reverse polarity protection
• made of zinc oxide metal
batteries can be charged with built-in Mirco USB charger or external 18650 charger
• dimensions: H83.8mm x L50.2mm x W39.2mm

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
That would 'splain' it...I've only just mastered Ni200 builds (depending on your definition of 'master'). I'll have to do some research on clapton wire & the benefits. Thanks Mrbunglez!
Looks like a fused Clapton to be more specific lol but it does have some slightly different attributes comparing to my fused claptons. I never thought building would be so much fun. I've always been good at the simple things like twisted and parallels and now that I've tried all these new builds its really opened up vaping to a whole new world. A lot of it is thanks to everyone here showing off these builds. :)

JeepR KReapR

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
SE Michigan
Looks like a fused Clapton to be more specific lol but it does have some slightly different attributes comparing to my fused claptons. I never thought building would be so much fun. I've always been good at the simple things like twisted and parallels and now that I've tried all these new builds its really opened up vaping to a whole new world. A lot of it is thanks to everyone here showing off these builds. :)

That's kinda what caught me off guard with the picture. It looks prefabricated, at first it didn't even look fused to me, it looked liked square coil wire with horizontal grooves notched on one side.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Out of all the DNA devices, what's everyones favorite and why? Trying to decide on which one to get and it's a toss right now, so many pros and cons to many of them so I'd rather here from some peoples personal experiences with them.

From left to right Hotcig DX200, Hcigar VT200, Volcano Lavabox. Not Pictured Reuleaux DNA200
IMG_20151219_132603_zpsgpdkrm7u.jpg

Out of the ones pictured my favorite is the Hcigar VT200. The reason is it slightly thinner, has a touch better battery life, little more of a curve to make it feel good in hand.

A close second would be the Lavabox. The reason it lags behind is the front is a tinted plastic cover that makes the display dimmer to my aging eyes and slightly less battery life than the VT200. It probably looks the coolest and the changeable rubber grip is nice as well.

The DX200 is a touch more boxy and has the same battery life as the Lavabox. That is about to change though because I have an accessory 2 x 18650 battery compartment about to be delivered.

The Reuleaux is a different beast all together. It uses 3 x 18650's instead of a 3s Lipo. It gets double the battery life of the next best one I have pictured. It is surprisingly small for a three 18650 device and feels very good in hand. The drawbacks are it's heavier than the other 3 and less pocket friendly. Wish I had a picture with it along with the other 3 but haven't gotten around to it yet. I've only had it for a couple of weeks.

Overall I really like all four of them. Since they all use the DNA200 chip, they all operate the same way. When it comes down to it, the only differences are aesthetics and in the case of the Reuleaux, size. If you shop deals all but the Lavabox I paid under $120 each. The Lavabox I paid in the $130's. That's not list prices, that's looking for deals. Good luck.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
Reactions: KenD

MarkCM

Sep 4, 2015
From left to right Hotcig DX200, Hcigar VT200, Volcano Lavabox. Not Pictured Reuleaux DNA200
IMG_20151219_132603_zpsgpdkrm7u.jpg

Out of the ones pictured my favorite is the Hcigar VT200. The reason is it slightly thinner, has a touch better battery life, little more of a curve to make it feel good in hand.

A close second would be the Lavabox. The reason it lags behind is the front is a tinted plastic cover that makes the display dimmer to my aging eyes and slightly less battery life than the VT200. It probably looks the coolest and the changeable rubber grip is nice as well.

The DX200 is a touch more boxy and has the same battery life as the Lavabox. That is about to change though because I have an accessory 2 x 18650 battery compartment about to be delivered.

The Reuleaux is a different beast all together. It uses 3 x 18650's instead of a 3s Lipo. It gets double the battery life of the next best one I have pictured. It is surprisingly small for a three 19650 device and feels very good in hand. The drawbacks are it's heavier than the other 3 and less pocket friendly. Wish I had a picture with it along with the other 3 but haven't gotten around to it yet. I've only had it for a couple of weeks.

Overall I really like all four of them. Since they all use the DNA200 chip, they all operate the same way. When it comes down to it, the only differences are aesthetics and in the case of the Reuleaux, size. If you shop deals all but the Lavabox I paid under $120 each. The Lavabox I paid in the $130's. That's not list prices, that's looking for deals. Good luck.

Cheers,
Steve
Very much appreciate the breakdown of each. The Lavabox and Hcigar vt200 are probably in my top 5 right now of choices, leaning towards the Lavabox. And dang, those are some nice prices you paid for each. Don't want to break the bank but then again don't want something that feels "cheap", if that makes sense. Thanks big time!

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

AdubbaU

Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
I would put VaporShark at the top, the size and weight is ideal, also any warranty or repair issues during or after warranty are straight forward Florida, also the 2am quick charge is very useful . I put the Lavabox in 2nd position because just cool. They are all solid devices. I have been contemplating another ideally with large lipo battery, but something with long battery life. Probably wait for the sx450 as don't really need anything. I prefer the dna chip over the yihi chip, find I get my profiles setup and never need to change or adjust. Sxmini is very nice, just always adjusting things one it but performs equally well, just capped with wattage. No big deal, don't go that high often anyway.

Agree with Steve, comes down to battery and anesthetics.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

pevinsghost

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
St Louis, MO
For straight up cool factor, @Mad Scientist made a 2 battery dna200 out of the body of a faulty xcube ii.

For something you can actually buy, I like the Reuleaux. Throw 3 LG HG2's or Samsung 30Q's in it, and you've got 33.3 watt hours.

Fits very comfortably in the hand, although a silicon case helps combat the slip factor too. The rounded shape and shortness make it not tip over like many mods will do.

Having the ability to swap sets of batteries instead of waiting for a charge is nice, but with the dna200 I don't mind charging from the usb either, something I thought I'd never be comfortable with on a multi-battery mod.

They did a good job with the design, there is very little unused space, which makes the entire device feel solid.

Draw backs would be:
They use little plastic rings built into the battery compartment as reverse battery protection since the dna board doesn't provide it, they can mangle battery wraps if you're not careful.

It's not a light weight device. It's actually a few grams lighter than my xcube ii, but much smaller so it feels denser.

You must, must, must use escribe a you'll have to go in and set the battery watt hours and battery cut off voltage. But if you don't want to ever use escribe, why are you getting a dna200 anyway? ;)

Some of the wiring inside they should have used a larger gauge.

Overall, a great device, and the down sides of it are all tiny details.

Reactions: MarkCM

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The only DNA200 mod I have, or have ever tried even, is the Reuleaux. I never really considered any other. It really is surprisingly small, and while it's heavier and less pocket friendly than e.g. the Vaporshark it's not that much different from a Vaporflask when it comes to that.

In all honesty though, except the colour scheme I do prefer the rx200 version of the Reuleaux over the DNA 200 version.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
That would 'splain' it...I've only just mastered Ni200 builds (depending on your definition of 'master'). I'll have to do some research on clapton wire & the benefits. Thanks Mrbunglez!

Named after Eric Clapton because the coil looks like a guitar string.

EDIT: And if you don't like internal batteries, but don't want a Reauleux, there are a couple of dual 18650's boxes out there now (limited to 133 watts).

billfirth3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Frisco, TX
Very much appreciate the breakdown of each. The Lavabox and Hcigar vt200 are probably in my top 5 right now of choices, leaning towards the Lavabox. And dang, those are some nice prices you paid for each. Don't want to break the bank but then again don't want something that feels "cheap", if that makes sense. Thanks big time!
Here is a good deal on the vt200
Hcigar VT200 Box Mod - Evolv DNA 200 VT $119.99 - HCigar - By Brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MarkCM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread