A list of symptoms when quitting E-Cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

tardcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2009
pittsburgh, pa
mainly, missing the hand-to-mouth and maybe (depending on your nic level when you stop using them) some nic cravings. in my experience (sometimes i go a day or so without vaping, just for giggles, or maybe to prove to myself that i can) the nic cravings are very easy to ignore (i'm a low-nic vaper, typically in the 6-8mg range), it's just the act of doing it (unscrewing my juice bottle, dripping, and taking a toot) that i miss the most. also, if you find yourself getting a bit dehydrated when vaping (as some of us who forget to drink water regularly do) you're likely to find that this goes away. all in all, it's nowhere near as life-changing as quitting cigarettes (at least, for me), but there are some changes. if you find yourself unable to quit vaping 'cold turkey,' try lowering your nic level just a little bit (move from 24 down to 18, or 18 to 12, etc) you might find you vape a bit more at first (since your body's used to the higher level of nicotine), but you're likely to adjust soon. also, it's important to keep your goals in mind. if you ultimate goal really is to quit, think about that when you vape. don't get disgusted with yourself if you find yourself unable to stop, it's certainly not easy (especially if you're really hooked on the nicotine). just think about your reasons for quitting. if you're doing it because someone else wants you to, but you don't want to, you're likely to find it harder, but as long as you keep that reason at the front of your mind, it'll make it easier on you (mentally, at least).

Mr.Tokes-Alot

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2010
Oregon
I would agree with the post above. It will be similar for you as quitting cigs if you are at a really high nic level. Step it down gradually. When you get down to 6-8mg and you feel you want to try and cut out the nic all together get a bottle of 0mg juice. This way you still get the fixation on hand-to-mouth/vaping but no nic. At that point of vaping 0mg for a week or so you should be able to stop, but I think if I were to do that (which I've considered before) I would continue to vape no nic juice. I just love the act of it though. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread