Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
I started vaping 2/28/12. I just did a number crunch on how much I spent on analogs while I was still vaping, how much I have spent on all vaping, and how much I have saved since I went analog free 3/25/12. I show a net savings of $260.92. If you take away the cost of the analogs I smoked before I went analog free my total -base-vaping cost so far has been 130.58. What are you other noobs experiencing in regard to costs and savings of Vaping vs. Analog use? Just curious :?:!

Last edited:

Catfishy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Kingwood, Texas
catfishy.tk
You can also get one of these cool signature banners that takes all of you costs into account and keeps track of it for you on the ECF or even on a webpage. Mine is here and on my web page. It will change and track every time you visit. The one I have, when I set it up, even asks me how much I've spent on vape supplies.

exodus79

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2012
Longyearbyen
You can also get one of these cool signature banners that takes all of you costs into account and keeps track of it for you on the ECF or even on a webpage. Mine is here and on my web page. It will change and track every time you visit. The one I have, when I set it up, even asks me how much I've spent on vape supplies.

How do we get one of those counter like you have?

John1952

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
United States
After 42 days of vaping:

• Total vaping expenses: $426.67
  • Money saved on cigs: $248.82
  • Net vaping expense: $177.85 ($4.23 per day)
At least $160 of the vaping expenses were a waste of money, but I chalk it up as educational expenses. Now that I've figured it out, vaping will eventually be quite a bit cheaper than smoking. But even if it's not, it doesn't really matter.

Catfishy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Kingwood, Texas
catfishy.tk
How do we get one of those counter like you have?

I think there is a required amout of posts you have to make before you can customize you signiture.
After that you can click on a banner you like and it will walk you through the construcion process and how to post it.
Let me know if you need help when the time comes!

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
FUN is always GOOD !!
And the REAL BENEFITS are the Physical & Mental Changes
& Better Health for us & those around us .
:blush: cheesy but TRUE !
Any monies saved are just "the icing on the cake" ....:2cool:

my original banner took purchases into account ....
but the hosting website disappeared & so did that banner :lol:

and I don't have a Provari :cry:

Last edited:

maurylee

Apr 4, 2012
ohio usa
gotta admit at first is kind of expensive still working out what is best for me right now using south beach with their new supermax battery good life and power. on the auto deliver option get 15 carts a month about 36.00 bucks then refill with juice from another vendor, battery has different threading from others best adtvantage so far is free battery replacement while on auto ship with no charges for shipping if i was not trying to keep cost down would like to try volt battery and their setup looks econmical you get charging case for on the go recharge and juice looks good and cheap but this will cost 60.00 for kit so i guess finding the right setup is what gets expensive!!!!!!

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
At first I was addicted to trying new juices. I've been vaping approx. 10 months and now that I started to DIY my own juice and have found my 2 true all day vape flavors, it's way cheaper. I have settled down finally on my spending. lol. At first though it was fun, and I did get a Provari which ended my trying new mods search as well. I have a Provari, a vv box mod for backup and a KGO for in the car and out in public. I also have a cheap passthrough for kicks and giggles. lol. I'm done for awhile. All that and I still have saved although I haven't counted it up other than the fact that I was paying about $50 for a carton a week and I've vaped for 10 months.

chainsaw316

Feb 23, 2012
New Jersey
It takes some people time to figure out what kind of setup and kit is going to work best for them. Thats where alot of money ends up...trial and error. As soon as you ha ve that part figured out the rest of the money saved can be rather shocking.

The juices and parts (attys/cartos/batteries/etc...) are all cheap enough where pack a day smokers are going to notice they are saving a signifigant amount of money. What I MIGHT spend a month vaping is what I'd spend in 10 days on analogs ( and in nj they really put the screws to smokers-cheapest packs where I live are 6 bucks) so its definetly cheaper after figuring out what setup works for you.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
My current totals (in my sig banner) are based on the per pack cost when I quit. I saw the carton price has gone up again recently. Looks like, as of the time of this post, I'm the cost of a carton away from breaking even.

My spending is usually on 'new' juices to try, or new clearos when they come out. (After my C8 issues, I think I'll not be an early adopter again.) I don't need any more juice, but sometimes you just can't pass up a deal on one of my faves.

Last edited:

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
I'm still waiting to break even :blush:

I have a spreadsheet of everything I've bought and a bunch of calculations (what I would've spent, etc...). If I can keep from ordering more stuff I'll be even on day 182 (day 84 today...). So, I've got a while to go. If I could make it to the end of 1 year without spending more money I'll save $1742.75 and avoid 10,980 smokes.

P.S. the banner should say "not spent on cigs" like some of the others

Last edited:

djwyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Lake Charles La
I am way in the hole right now on the smoke to vape money...then again it hasn't been that long. My banner only started since I haven't touched a cig at all not how much I reduced I the time I have been vaping but I know I am still in the hole but I am ok with being in the hole for now...I wouldn't mind getting out of the hole but I have a feeling it will be a while before I am especially since everyone keeps talking about those dang provari's and I have to keep telling my self no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread