The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A "notify me" button would rock

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by bpaulette, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bpaulette

bpaulette Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2010
    midwest
    Keep checking almost daily to see if 30ml bottles of 18mg VG Cowboy are back in stock. I'm sure its been brought up before, but the site would sure be sweet if it had a "Notify Me When Back In Stock" button (especially if its granular enough to specify a strength)

2. timrichard

timrichard Super Member ECF Veteran

+1, yah that would rock

3. Gravity

Gravity Ultra Member ECF Veteran

+1 ... This would be pretty much amazing.

4. Conard

Conard Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2011
    In the Vortex
    It would be a great feature, but... not all shopping cart software makes that an easy add on.
    The next best thing would be to subscribe to the V4L Stock Update I just linked to.
    You would get notices of all the new stock but that's better than nothing.

5. Luma

Luma Super Member ECF Veteran

6. Sallyem

Sallyem Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    California
    But BP....then you wouldn't pop in now and then and give us a chance to say "hello". HELLO!!

7. bpaulette

bpaulette Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2010
    midwest
    Very true. As a guy who manages an ecommerce operation myself, I know how that goes. Our software doesn't have it.

That said, V4L's site uses Volusion's ecommerce platform. From Volusion's features page: "Customer can receive "back in stock" emails"

So its definitely an available feature. Not sure how granular it is, but could most likely be turned on with the flip of a switch.

(its likely that, by pointing that out, I'm now V4L's web-guy's least favorite person) :D

Hi Sally!!!

8. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    Hi there "B" glad to see you. If they did that it sure would help with the "Where's The" posts!

9. Morandir835

Morandir835 Idiot Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    But Ms. MK it would take away Wader sir's stock update/appreciation threads.....

10. wader2k

wader2k Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Illinois
    I will inquire into this, but I suspect the software would not be flexible enough to isolate to the strengths within a flavor. If we had just 0mg of a flavor it would consider it in stock for example. And hardware would be a complete nightmare. If I am guessing correctly anywhere you see dropdown menus for selecting options, it would be inadequate to fullfill this task. One last thing....I've come to learn that nothing with Volusion is as simple as "the flip of a switch." 8^)

That said, a simple solution mentioned above is probably the best bet for now. Subscribe to the Stock Update sticky thread. It is a locked thread updated by me within hours of any new incoming stock. You would receive an email (based on your ECF board notification settings) within seconds of an update of any newly stocked item. It is perfect for the problem you describe. I realize not all our customer base is on ECF, so this wouldn't help everyone....

11. wader2k

wader2k Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Illinois
    Absolutely NOTHING will take away my Stock Update Sticky/Update threads.

Best part of my day right there!

12. Morandir835

Morandir835 Idiot Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    That's a relief. Thank you Wader sir. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.