Not open for further replies.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have been becoming more and more curious as to the smaller volt mods that I have been finding recently. I am really curious as to their actual performance from people that own them. If you are the owner of a Bulli Slim, VP1 or VP2, Protege, Vapre 51 or one of the Diamond Series from Esmoke4life, please share your opinion as to how you like your E-cig, what your favorite atomizer is, vapor output and throat hit. Do you wish that your unit was 6v capable?

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
My pride and joy right now is my Adaptever from Adaptever.com. Thad makes a great product and is a great supplier. I use a 901 adaptor and get great flavor, good throat hit and clouds of vapor. I highly recommend the Adaptever. I also have a Little Chuck on order. I hear great things about them too. BTW, both are 6V capable.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Assuming the same voltage and same atomizer, any 'mod' should produce roughly the same amount of vapor and throat hit. Yes, there are probably slight differences measurable on the mV level, but maybe not so noticeable to the masses.

I love my Super-T with the adjustable airflow adapter for the 801-style atomizer. I can tune the draw to my liking. This is particularly useful if moving from an 801 atomizer to a BE112.

The adjustable button allows me to tune it to fire my atomizer to my liking (stiffness and throw). This is done by changing out springs or adjusting the throw with washers. I recently received some CR2 batteries that were slightly longer than the previous batch I had. The adjustable throw of the button was really came in useful to work around the lack of manufacturing tolerances of these power cells.

At 3.7 volts, it fires flawlessly, but I do not like vaping at that voltage. I purchased the 6 volt extension sleeve for the device and use it in this configuration always. Throat hit and vapor production at 6 volts blows away anything running at 3.7v or 5v. Some do not want or need the added kick from the extra voltage. This is just my preference.

This Super-T just plain works, is 100% mechanical, looks great, and has safety features (that we all hopefully will never need). You can run it on a long-running 3.6V cell or run it at 6v.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
read the thread" how to spend a saturday".There you can learn about chuck and little chuck. lil chuck vapes at 3.7, big chuck at 3.7/6v.... completely customize your chuck, too!!! or, visitt the site to just see pics at thagbuilt.com prepare to be wowed!!

I have a Chuck, Screwdriver, Screwdriver with extended 6v sleeve, The Copper, The Silver Bullet, Light Vapor, Adaptever, GG Nano, GG Transformer, Super T on order, Prodigy, Janty Stick, Bulli Extreme VR4 on Order, A multi volt detonator, 2 dual atty shotgun models, etc, I know about them. I am just asking about the "SPECIFIC" models that I mentioned in my post.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I have the VP1 and VP2 you asked about. VP2 is the best and long battery life using the 14500 batty.

I now use The Chuck. 6v mod and love it. I don't need anything else.. I can use this at either voltage. 3.7v or 6v.

Get A Chuck if you want awesome vapor and satisfaction.

I am sure there are others that are also good liek the Siver Bullet as mentioned above!!!

510 for flavor and 801 for easy draw and cooler vape.

Last edited:

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I have a Chuck, Screwdriver, Screwdriver with extended 6v sleeve, The Copper, The Silver Bullet, Light Vapor, Adaptever, GG Nano, GG Transformer, Super T on order, Prodigy, Janty Stick, Bulli Extreme VR4 on Order, A multi volt detonator, 2 dual atty shotgun models, etc, I know about them. I am just asking about the "SPECIFIC" models that I mentioned in my post.

Crappity smack! That's what I call dedication!

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have the VP@ and VP! you asked about. VP2 is th3e best and long battery life.

I no use The Chuck. 6v mod and love it. I don't need anything else..

Get A Chuck if you want awesome vapor and satisfaction.

I am sure there are others that are also good!!!

Thank you Doots!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I have the VP1, it's just right for me. I don't like throat hits but get them anyway with this. I use 11mg to 0nic with it and sometimes a 801 atty at other times I use a 901 (if I am vaping something more delicate like pear or banana. The nice thing is that I can also use a vapor king cartomizer with the 901 adapter.
The only drawback is a 2 hour batt life. I guess thats normal for a AA battery.
I have a NicoStick that uses a AA prtected rechargeable batt..that last me about 7 hours! Not as flashy but it's dependable and delivers vapor and taste.
I have no use for a 5 or 6 volt mod as stated before..I don't like throat hits or high nic.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
I have been becoming more and more curious as to the smaller volt mods that I have been finding recently. I am really curious as to their actual performance from people that own them. If you are the owner of a Bulli Slim, VP1 or VP2, Protege, Vapre 51 or one of the Diamond Series from Esmoke4life, please share your opinion as to how you like your E-cig, what your favorite atomizer is, vapor output and throat hit. Do you wish that your unit was 6v capable?

>

I own a Vapre51. I like the Vapre51 more than my JS because it works all the time and requires little maintenance. It's not as sleek, nor as finely machined as the larger battery mods (Super T, Silver Bullet, Adaptever, etc) but we're talking about small mods here, right? In a perfect world the Vapre would be an inch or two shorter as to fit neatly in my top pocket...

My favorite atomizer is the m201 followed by the BE112. I do NOT like any of the high bridge 801s. I have some Joye 302s on order for a trial also. As far as vapor output and TH are concerned the only advantage that the mods have over a basic pen style is longer peak voltage. A freshly charged pen style battery gives the same TH and same amount of vapor as the mods, just for a much shorter period of time/hits.

For your last question -- I have no interest in vaping at 6 volts or 5 volts, even. An atty that is designed and engineered to work at 3.7 - 4.2 volts that is pushed to higher voltages is asking for a shorter atty life, IMHO. For example; I have an 18 volt cordless drill on my workbench. If I was to nearly double the voltage to the motor it might spin faster or create more torque but more than likely I'd be shopping for a new drill real quick. <g>

And yes, I have tried vaping at higher voltages -- via my 801 PT. A stronger TH, no doubt but I find the taste of the liquid to be, ummm, drier. I don't care for it. Should I feel the need for a killer TH, I reach for some 36mg Camel (instead of my normal 16mg stuff) and drip it into my 510. Voila! Enough TH to satisfy a giraffe. =)

I've been reasonably successful at achieving TH sans using higher voltages. Choosing the right liquid, mixing liquids, adjusting nic strength on occasion and taking a slow/long hit works for me as far as TH is concerned. The amount of vapor that an e-cig produces doesn't matter to me. I mean, a properly functioning atty (be it filled with PG or VG) with a fully charged battery produces WAY more vapor than any analog producing smoke. In short, I don't need the vapor visual to reassure me that I just inhaled... that's what the TH is for -- at least in my case.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
By the way I think the Vapre51 and the VP1 or the same device. Uses 1-10440 batty with ring of lights. Like the VP2. If you go with VP's get the VP2.

I think you'd be better served with a device that offers 2 voltages.

If you want something to just carry in your pocket go with VP1 or similar device in size and weight. The Chuck is too heavy to really carry in your pocket.

Not everyone likes 6v but most people do after trying it Some dont.

Look at the Protege. It looks awesome also.

Last edited:

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
I was an "UltraLight" smoker until three months ago when I bought my first 901.

I've now got a VP2-801 and a VP2-901 that I use in my office and around the house. I've got a Bulli-Slim and a box-mod I use around town because they are smaller, lighter, easier to put in pocket and less visibly showy.

I prefer the 801 for producing more vapor. At 3.7V it gives me enough, I have no craving to go to 6V. As long as I keep all parameters optimized, I'm happy with the hit I get from it. I get some throat-hit and kind'a like it but I'm suspicious about how healthy it is as it feels to me like low level irritation or soreness.

I prefer the VP2-801 to my other 'engines' because of its feel and balance. I find myself holding and using it much like one would a pipe. If you watch the video reviews for any of the mid sized 'mods' everyone else holds theirs that way too. If you, reading this are female, don't be put off by this aspect. These don't have the look of a pipe or stigma of "Hey! look at that old lady smoking a pipe! She must be from the Ozarks."

I would consider buying a SuperT for practicality but am put off by its lack of aesthetics. I would consider one of the smaller GG's for aesthetics but am a little put off by the frequent model and distribution changes.

I'd never go back to Chinese e-cig batteries.

Last edited:

flavapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
orlando fl
I just got my protege a few days ago and love it. The 510 was my PV of choice, so I use a 510 atty with it, and I LOVE IT. 6 mo warranty and it is not big and manly looking, although guys think it is so cool. It is sleek and a little heavy and vapor like mad. I cant even imagine what 5 or 6 volt would do to me if this is 3.7volt. I am able to use a lower nic and still feel satisfied. Yesterday I picked up my 510 and thought I was sucking in air. What a difference. Get one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread