Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Morning all! I'm pleased to say that upon opening up the rathole this morning (read: "office"), the smell is all but gone. I only smell it if I purposefully sniff the wall up-close, and even then it's only barely detectable. My co-worker (who smelled it before) doesn't smell it even sniffing the wall.

I am thinking that perhaps another critter dragged it away/ate it/something. I am very thankful for said critter.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Morning all! I'm pleased to say that upon opening up the rathole this morning (read: "office"), the smell is all but gone. I only smell it if I purposefully sniff the wall up-close, and even then it's only barely detectable. My co-worker (who smelled it before) doesn't smell it even sniffing the wall.

I am thinking that perhaps another critter dragged it away/ate it/something. I am very thankful for said critter.

Check the TV room – that “other” critter may be lounging in front of the tube with it’s pants button undone, digesting it’s latest feast!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

Hard to know what happened. A problem gone is a problem gone though.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wow, did you get your B plus?

A minus actually. I went to one of the "art schools for troubled kids with rich parents." It was a lot of fun actually. I think my crowning achievement was like, not doing any math past the start of trig, and like, it was my final half year of school, so I already got into college. Like, so I was just "I am not going to do it." It was a self paced math book. The teacher never said anything. She was part of the board when I had my "incident" of reporting my pedophile English teacher because no one else would and he was stalking my little sister who did not want to say anything. So, I fell on the sword.

Perhaps she thought I was traumatized. But, she never said a thing about it and I passed "Trig" I guess?

Anna

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Check the TV room – that “other” critter may be lounging in front of the tube with it’s pants button undone, digesting it’s latest feast!
Haha. No TV here. It might be upstairs at my PC though. I'll go check, that little fella deserves a pat on the back! :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
A minus actually. I went to one of the "art schools for troubled kids with rich parents." It was a lot of fun actually. I think my crowning achievement was like, not doing any math past the start of trig, and like, it was my final half year of school, so I already got into college. Like, so I was just "I am not going to do it." It was a self paced math book. The teacher never said anything. She was part of the board when I had my "incident" of reporting my pedophile English teacher because no one else would and he was stalking my little sister who did not want to say anything. So, I fell on the sword.

Perhaps she thought I was traumatized. But, she never said a thing about it and I passed "Trig" I guess?

Anna
Wow what a story... I hope that "teacher" got what he had coming to him...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dude he was sleeping with half the girls in my school. I wasn't really upset about it because like, I was almost 18 at the time, but I WAS angry that he was getting my little 13 year old sister to meet him at the park and when she was like, "I don't want to do this" he started sending her creepy Lolitaseque post cards. I WAS EXTREMELY ...... off then. I mean she barely had boobs. She came to me crying, going "I don't know what to do, and I don't want to tell Mom and Dad."

I was like, "I DO know exactly what to do and you do not have to SAY a word." Then I marched in the next day and told him his days were numbered and hands off, no postcards and he was like, "Maybe I would not have HAD to if you had not terminated our THING." And I was like, "Oh, please, DO NOT TRY to use your pedophile tricks on ME dude, I'm actually an adult. You better start packing and you're probably a pedophile because you SUCK in bed but I will KILL you if you say one word to my sister."

Then... I told the parents. Uncomfortable. My dad (uncharacteristically) threatened to beat him up and I was like OH GOD and imagining my dad and my English teacher like, meeting up behind the flagpole after school. It was a horrifying scene. So somewhat plaintively I was like, "Um can't we just like tell the school? You know, get rid of him?"

The school meeting was even worse. It was a bunch of hesitant teachers doing stuff like asking, "So... did he put his hands in your underpants?" and I just had to answer all these questions and like the whole time I wanted to be like, "HOLY GOODNESS do you not know that I HAVE HAD PLENTY of SEX and when I say we had sex, that means he put his penis in my vagina?" But they were SO uncomfortable. LOL. One of the worst meetings ever.

He got fired. No one asked if I wanted to like press charges or whatever. I most likely would not have wanted to. I think it was before background checks in private schools at least this one.

Last I heard in my mid twenties, he was married with an infant girl child. I kind of wish I had pressed charges THEN, but you can only do so much.

The weird part (well maybe not weird) was none of the other chicks came forward, a bit of support might have been nice. Some continued to ah, meet with him. I just sighed and said, "yeah you think you are big. Wait until he tries to bang your 8 year old sister."

Poor guy. He mistook a 17 for a "girl" instead of a "woman."

Anna

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Dude he was sleeping with half the girls in my school. I wasn't really upset about it because like, I was almost 18 at the time, but I WAS angry that he was getting my little 13 year old sister to meet him at the park and when she was like, "I don't want to do this" he started sending her creepy Lolitaseque post cards. I WAS EXTREMELY ...... off then. I mean she barely had boobs. She came to me crying, going "I don't know what to do, and I don't want to tell Mom and Dad."

I was like, "I DO know exactly what to do and you do not have to SAY a word." Then I marched in the next day and told him his days were numbered and hands off, no postcards and he was like, "Maybe I would not have HAD to if you had not terminated our THING." And I was like, "Oh, please, DO NOT TRY to use your pedophile tricks on ME dude, I'm actually an adult. You better start packing and you're probably a pedophile because you SUCK in bed but I will KILL you if you say one word to my sister."

Then... I told the parents. Uncomfortable. My dad (uncharacteristically) threatened to beat him up and I was like OH GOD and imagining my dad and my English teacher like, meeting up behind the flagpole after school. It was a horrifying scene. So somewhat plaintively I was like, "Um can't we just like tell the school? You know, get rid of him?"

The school meeting was even worse. It was a bunch of hesitant teachers doing stuff like asking, "So... did he put his hands in your underpants?" and I just had to answer all these questions and like the whole time I wanted to be like, "HOLY GOODNESS do you not know that I HAVE HAD PLENTY of SEX and when I say we had sex, that means he put his penis in my vagina?" But they were SO uncomfortable. LOL. One of the worst meetings ever.

He got fired. No one asked if I wanted to like press charges or whatever. I most likely would not have wanted to. I think it was before background checks in private schools at least this one.

Last I heard in my mid twenties, he was married with an infant girl child. I kind of wish I had pressed charges THEN, but you can only do so much.

The weird part (well maybe not weird) was none of the other chicks came forward, a bit of support might have been nice. Some continued to ah, meet with him. I just sighed and said, "yeah you think you are big. Wait until he tries to bang your 8 year old sister."

Poor guy. He mistook a 17 for a "girl" instead of a "woman."

Anna
WOW. Way to go! You were level headed, did the right thing and it worked. Major props to you. What a messed up fellow. I'm not a parent, but I imagine I would've had a very similar reaction to your dad's - which would be uncharacteristic of me as well, but, damn that guy.

Thanks for sharing :wub:

Joules_Verne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
SW France
Happy you got it sorted Sloth although I was curious why the antlers didn't show near the wall
Moose-antlers.jpg
unless I've misunderstood...again
DaveD

Reactions: stols001

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Happy you got it sorted Sloth although I was curious why the antlers didn't show near the wall
View attachment 836375
unless I've misunderstood...again
DaveD
I've lived here 6 years and still haven't seen one of those. People see them all the time, but not me. :( one was literally outside of my house this summer. Didn't see it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Canadian Dachshund – they are quite common in this neck of the woods
Moose? I thought they were dying out. They’re almost impossible to keep in captivity because they require this multi faceted ecosystem deal to even exist or something. I’m vague on the details.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Moose? I thought they were dying out. They’re almost impossible to keep in captivity because they require this multi faceted ecosystem deal to even exist or something. I’m vague on the details.

Like I said, Canadian Dachshund.

Canadian Dachshund.jpg

Do not know much about their decline. Wiki (cause Wiki is always right) mentions a decline in more temperate North America, but stable in artic and subarctic regions (that would be Canada, eh!). Sightings are quite popular even in dense suburbs just north of Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread