A shared hobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellysleep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Lynchburg,VA,USA
I'm new sorry if this has been asked before........So how many of us vapers have someone living with you that shares your vaping hobby/passion with you? Both me and my husband were smokers for years and new as long as the other was still smoking the other would never be able to quit. So together we switched to vaping on January 3 2014 and neither has had a cigarette since.......Tell me your story/experience!:vapor:

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
My husband...:). I started vaping, and had him try. We are the same way...if he hadn't switched to vaping it would have been hard for me to continue... But now we are both deep into it. We both love it and we were long time smokers. He smoked 2 packs a day and I smoked a pack and a half a day, both for over 20 years. We were spending well over 400 a month on stinkies. Now we just load shopping carts online and wait on Vape mail. Instead of seeing our money go up in smoke, we have a huge collection of nice shiny things. I also make our own juice now too and its fun! :vapor:

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
My sweet hubby quit smoking about 15 years ago, when he nearly died with an aortic aneurysm. It was a sheer miracle that he survived it, and we are so grateful he beat the statistics!:)

I am sorry to say, that I did not quit when he did. Smoking is a powerful addiction, indeed. In all these years, he has never nagged me to quit, which is also a miracle, lol.

Needless to say, he is my #1 vaping fan. He is proud of me for stopping smoking, and very supportive. He doesn't vape, but looks patiently at my new toys, and says all the right things!

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
I'm the only one in my house that vapes and it seems like nobody understands my passion for it or the hobby aspect of it. They're at least supportive for the most part though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Same here. Pretty supportive, but would be nice to share it rather than get the raised eyebrows and tuts when I get vapemail :D

In fact I have a few friends who are vapers but none of them are interested in going past cheap Ego-T's.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
My sweet hubby quit smoking about 15 years ago, when he nearly died with an aortic aneurysm. It was a sheer miracle that he survived it, and we are so grateful he beat the statistics!:)

I am sorry to say, that I did not quit when he did. Smoking is a powerful addiction, indeed. In all these years, he has never nagged me to quit, which is also a miracle, lol.

Needless to say, he is my #1 vaping fan. He is proud of me for stopping smoking, and very supportive. He doesn't vape, but looks patiently at my new toys, and says all the right things!

that's very touching.

for me, it's my wife. though, we don't necessarily share the hobby. more we share the dependence and i take care of the hobby.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
My boyfriend and I have gotten into the hobby fairly seriously... I do the shopping, he does the vaping. Only problem is he keeps absconding with stuff, I let him try it and never see it again except when he's using it. ;) We share a lot of interests but little time for them, but vaping is different somehow. We don't have to make time for vaping like we do with video games, etc. It's just something we can do and talk about even when we're both busy doing other stuff in the house.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Mrs G and I started together over 18 months ago. It's my hobby...she just uses it to keep from smoking. Once a week or so she says "I need another thingy (replacement head) in this thing". She has been using the same battery and T2 clearo for the last year...I have a pile of new shiny objects, with more in the mail. We don't even like the same liquid. You would think that after 38 years, we would be more compatible.

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm the only one in my house that vapes and it seems like nobody understands my passion for it or the hobby aspect of it. They're at least supportive for the most part though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Same here. I was just...well I'll admit it, I'm sulking. My best friend introduced me, but she's just a one mod/tank vaper. It's a substitute for smoking and that's it. My husband...I got him to try it, he isn't committed one way or the other yet and I'm trying not to push. He vapes in the house, mainly to get his fix when his TV shows are on and smokes in the garage.

I'm the only one that sees it as a hobby, and truly enjoys the equipment aspect. The rest just roll their eyes at it, or make fun of it. I love them, but sometimes I just can't help the butthurt feeling I get. I know it's all in jest, and it would crush them to know it bothered me that much. But damn, just once I'd like to have the people around me share my geektastic enthusiasm, be it vaping or gaming.

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
My housemates vape because I introduced them to it. They are nowhere near into it as I am and are content with their Vision Spinner and eGo CE Pass-through with BCC toppers. It's worked for them, nearly a year this March 31, so I can't say too much about it. They do love to see my new toys and to try them out but they don't get involved in it for themselves. That's why I come here! I also do all the DIY so when they run low they let me know :\.

Jonathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, KY
I got a few of my friends to go to the e cig and quit analogs, all of them use ego's though. I'm the only one in the group who likes to use mods. The local availability of anything bigger than an ego spinner is to blame, IMO. I use a Vmod primarily, rigged up with a modified a7 rda. I also use a pair of zmaxes, several genesis tanks, a kamry k101 and some dripping rda's. I still cheated when I used egos, here and there. Since buying my first mod, a smoktech SID (now dead), I havent smoked one analog, not even one puff off a friends.
Same here. I was just...well I'll admit it, I'm sulking. My best friend introduced me, but she's just a one mod/tank vaper. It's a substitute for smoking and that's it. My husband...I got him to try it, he isn't committed one way or the other yet and I'm trying not to push. He vapes in the house, mainly to get his fix when his TV shows are on and smokes in the garage.

I'm the only one that sees it as a hobby, and truly enjoys the equipment aspect. The rest just roll their eyes at it, or make fun of it. I love them, but sometimes I just can't help the butthurt feeling I get. I know it's all in jest, and it would crush them to know it bothered me that much. But damn, just once I'd like to have the people around me share my geektastic enthusiasm, be it vaping or gaming.

Kellysleep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Lynchburg,VA,USA
I guess I'm lucky that my hubby is as into it as I am we both love trying new juices trying different tanks have gotten into rebuildable's (yes I rebuild my own) we both love provari's and tend to only get one if when we both can afford it can't afford to mod envy we are both trying to recruit friends to vape and passing along our mods we don't use as much now so they can try before they buy. It would be really hard to spend the money I do if he wasn't also spending the same! I know I spent more in the long run smoking cigarettes over the years..........so it will even out one day......I hope:D

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA

My boyfriend bought his starter kit and told me to get some liquid and use his back up to see what I thought of it. He still uses his same kit, I got very into it all. Anytime I'd get a new liquid or a new tank, he'd roll his eyes and ask "What'd you get now??" I had no reason to feel ashamed, but somehow did anyway. I wasn't smoking, I was spending my own money. He'd say he created a monster. This whole time he's been satisfied with the same kit, the same liquid, all day everyday.

Last week he asked me to take him to my fave shop because he wanted to find a flavor he could just go buy, instead of having to order and wait every time. Well, the right people were working that day. He ended up having deep conversations with one of the employees about all the mods the guy was playing with. He started sampling flavors and asking tons of questions. When we left, he said "I think I see why you enjoy this so much, I get it now.".

We went back to the shop this past weekend. His idea. ;)

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
The wife actually got me to stop my 2 pack a day habit and vape. She started vaping almost 2 years ago. She said it was either try vaping or she was going to start smoking after stopping for 17 years. I held out another year. Last June I got my ego and a evod. We like going to the local vape shops. We have differant taste in juices and since I still use nic, down to 12 mg now, we don't trade juice. It's just another thing we developed in common with our love of fishing and firearms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread