A SMPL Explosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
sigh so many people using hybrids and they don't know what they are doing with them.
I have the copper smpl and copper praxis and never had a problem with them.
as long as the 510 connector sticks out by about 2millimetres from the Threads on the bottom of the atty there wont be a problem.
I don't use attys with less than 1.5mill sticking out

Good on you. Now I know. Thank you.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I've only ever used RTAs with my SMPL and Praxis, but I've been hearing of problems with this type of mod topped with clearos (like Atlantis). Maybe stick to the more traditional rebuildables, and make sure that the pin sticks out, and STAYS rigidly stuck out (watch out for squishy insulators), by AT LEAST 1mm, and check it to make sure EVERY TIME.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I just got my first mod a Hellboy hybrid Rebellion and It came with a 510 adapter that I use with my 13 heavens 9 hells RDA and now im starting to worry. The B&M vape store claims that using that adapter decreases the chances of a battery vent, but im still keeping my builds at .4 and above.
If there's a positive pin on the adapter, you should be safe. Just make sure the positive pin on your RDA sticks out enough to keep the 510 threads on your RDA from touching anything it's not supposed to (like anything that comes in contact with the top of the battery). How low you can go on your build depends on the battery you use. On most 18650 batts, 0.4Ω should be OK. Maybe get familiar with Ohms Law and how to use Steam Engine. Basically, you wanna make sure the amount of current your build needs doesn't exceed the max continuous output current of your battery, with a little headroom (go just a little below).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lessifer

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Will work
image.jpg

Won't work
image.jpg

Always check before using on a hybrid mod.

Bringing forward for those who don't have time to search :)

tjeco

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Manila, Philippines
View media item 428256
This could have been my face this morning - luckily it was my thigh! I'm still shaking. Also luckily I was wearing thick cotton slacks - don't know what would have happened if I had been wearing something synthetic because there was fire.

View media item 428254
This is the result of what I suppose you would call venting of and IMR supposedly perfectly good Efest battery which exploded inside my SMPL mech mod. This was a battery I had been happily using for the past 10 days or so on a mod that I received yesterday and which worked perfectly fine all day yesterday using the same battery or its twin since I got a pack of two.

This is the state of my desk right after the explosion.

I'm having trouble adding pictures but there are more.... I need to figure it out and I'll be back.

What atty are you using? Does your atty have a PROTRUDING POSITIVE PIN??!!!??

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
What atty are you using? Does your atty have a PROTRUDING POSITIVE PIN??!!!??
you do know that post was from march, right?

And if you read the topic, the OP used a Genitank on it. Which is a no no on a hybrid.

Kanger tanks tend to have a weird center pin. they either use the coil itself as a center pin (like the old pro tanks) where that center pin can wiggle and short (happened to my nemesis..... twice.) Then theres ones like the subtank where the center pin is only held in by a insulator.

Generally, I only use FIXED PROTRUDING center pinned atties on my hybrids (I prefer my Zombi). Tobh, Goblin, Vulcan, all work wonderfully with no issues or concern of hard shorting.

Fun fact tho; As absurd as it looked, I DID use my classic Subtank (the one with the spring loaded center pin) on ym hybrid for the longest time for the very reason of the center pin being spring loaded. It vaped wonderfully and never had one qualm of a short. Shame more tanks dont use the spring loaded 510 like the old subtank did (though I'm sure theres a good reason why)

Reactions: Kprthevapr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread