A sure way to fill your carto's

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
All of us have seen the many video's on refilling a carto. I've tried them all and have finally come up with a way to make sure they're filled and ready to go. No shringes involved.
There is an easy way of simply filling the condom then pressing your battery into the condom. When the juice comes out at the top soft/hard tip you know you're done...wrong!

Then there is the way of removing the soft/hard tip and dripping juice onto the side of the carto until you see it pool to the top. This works fine but take a bit of time.

I found if you combine the two, you'll have a perfectly filled carto each and every time.
1) Take the soft or hard tip off your carto
2) Use the condom method first. With the tip off you'll see your carto being filled. Then top off the carto from the top and replace your tip.
3) Remember to blow into your carto to remove any excess juice from the center. You should be able to see light through the center hole. If not, blow again until you do.

With the tip off; I noticed that once the condom is empty your carto may not be entirely full. The condom method forces juice up through the middle of the carto. Once it reaches the top it flow out and spills over the sides into the fill. If the fill is packed fairly tight the tip may not allow the juice to flow into the filler; it will flow direcly out your tip, making you 'think' your carto is full.
With the tip off you can see all of this happening.
Once I see the carto is full I then add an additional drip and replace the tip. I then roll the carto in my hands (like warming your hands) and it's ready to go.

At first I was only using the condom method but noticed that I only had about 5 hits on the carto and it was done with:confused: getting all PO'd that the cartos weren't holding enough juice.

I know...this may sound redundant using a little of both methods, but it works great. I didn't care for the idea of having to remove the tip then slowly drip, drip, drip, wait, drip more method so I used the condom method and added a little twist. It's now amazing how much juice I get into my carto and how much longer they last. :2cool:

BlitzkriegTim

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2010
Shannon, Quebec, Canada
Ive been drip filling my Boge cartos since I got them but after the second boil cleaning they didnt seem to want to take as many drops before the juice started running out the centre hole. I've switched to the condom method now, a little more mess but I know it gets right full of juice. When the juice is like a quarter inch above the filler I just tap it on the table till it all absorbs. I guess its about the same as rolling it but tapping it works for me.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
very good. i will definitely try it that way...maybe i will finally have success with cartomizers....i have been vaping for 2 years with cartridges and atomizers and keep trying to get into using cartomizers (i have mega eGo everything)..but will have to figure out how to do the condom method with eGo mega cartomizers, cuz they dont come with condom type tips, but rather plugs.

All of us have seen the many video's on refilling a carto. I've tried them all and have finally come up with a way to make sure they're filled and ready to go. No shringes involved.
There is an easy way of simply filling the condom then pressing your battery into the condom. When the juice comes out at the top soft/hard tip you know you're done...wrong!

Then there is the way of removing the soft/hard tip and dripping juice onto the side of the carto until you see it pool to the top. This works fine but take a bit of time.

I found if you combine the two, you'll have a perfectly filled carto each and every time.
2) Use the condom method first. With the tip off you'll see your carto being filled. Then top off the carto from the top and replace your tip.
3) Remember to blow into your carto to remove any excess juice from the center. You should be able to see light through the center hole. If not, blow again until you do.

With the tip off; I noticed that once the condom is empty your carto may not be entirely full. The condom method forces juice up through the middle of the carto. Once it reaches the top it flow out and spills over the sides into the fill. If the fill is packed fairly tight the tip may not allow the juice to flow into the filler; it will flow direcly out your tip, making you 'think' your carto is full.
With the tip off you can see all of this happening.
Once I see the carto is full I then add an additional drip and replace the tip. I then roll the carto in my hands (like warming your hands) and it's ready to go.

At first I was only using the condom method but noticed that I only had about 5 hits on the carto and it was done with:confused: getting all PO'd that the cartos weren't holding enough juice.

I know...this may sound redundant using a little of both methods, but it works great. I didn't care for the idea of having to remove the tip then slowly drip, drip, drip, wait, drip more method so I used the condom method and added a little twist. It's now amazing how much juice I get into my carto and how much longer they last. :2cool:

DeVeL 5150

Oct 20, 2010
So. Cal
I'm new to posting but have been vaping for half a year now. i started using the condom method but no matter how good i cleaned it i would get a gurgle from the first few hits from juice stuck in the tube inside the carto. I started doing this. remove the top condom and soft cap from the carto but leave the bottom one on. Next drop about 5-10 drops inside the carto but not on the tube,(i try to drop it where the inside of the carto meets the cotton filling. Then use centrifugal force by using a makeshift tube with string on it to spin the carto above my head so that the juice is sucked in the cotton filling by the g force. then repeat this till i have 20-25 drops in the carto. A carto should hold 25 drops of juice no problem. Then as with all e cigs it is always a good idea to clean the threads inside the ecig and on the outside of the carto before vaping as their may be some left over juice. I just use a q-tip with rubbing alcohol. Ive seen a vendor selling a tube like what im trying to explain for cheap, check it out.aceofvapes.com

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Thanks for posting OP. That's one of the neat things about vaping. . .so many choices of doing the same or similar things. And people can pick and choose how and what they do. Goes right along with which/what PV, which/what juice, and method of getting your choices to the atty/carto of your choice. There's a great many methods for accomplishing this process of vaping. There's rarely a right way for the collective body. If it works for you. . .then it's right for you. I for one really appreciate reading about what everybody is doing/using. Then I can better select. . .what's right for me. JMHO

Merry Christmas,
Cheers,
otrpu

erdewen

Moved On
Nov 26, 2010
Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread