Not open for further replies.

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com
From what I can see of the Surface pictures it is almost identical to the A7 Mini; at least the innards. Hopefully I'll know by afternoon tomorrow, if they have been delivered in town. BTW... I'll take the mailing envelope to get yours off to you.

thanks mom :)

SilentEcho13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
New York
Well, I build a new coil. ~1.9ohms, 33awg kanthal. I wrapped a SS400 mesh around a silica wick and then wrapped the coil around that.

Vapor is great, flavor is coming back a bit (especially after a break-in), and TH is good now. Not great, but definitely good enough. Even glow, no hotspots.

The issue I'm having now is wicking. Sometimes it wicks fine, sometimes it wicks too slow. My coil is DIRECTLY above the center hole, getting plenty of air. I'm thinking my mesh is just a tad too tight around the silica, that might be the issue. I'll get a semi-burnt taste after a bit too, no matter how full the reservoir is.

How are you guys setting up your mini? I'm really out there to find the perfect setup.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I've switched to 325 SS mesh on all of my rba's- good flavor and no concern with the silica. A dry hit though- wow, watch out!! LOL
I can't wait to try the A7- mini!!

I have 400 SS mesh. Ordered 3xx and 500 today from RTD. Haven't used any on non-genisis RBAs yet, though.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
My Surface won't be here until next week. I just went back to site and checked the height of it; 40.8mm. It certainly doesn't look taller than the A7. I wonder if that measurement includes the DT you can purchase with it. I'll ask ChrisEU as he has received his Surface.

I got a Surface and it's the exact same size as a regular Boge cartomizer without drip tip! The only rba shorter are the ERA and Hornet

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I know Alice said you can torch the A7 Mini- Does anyone know if you can torch the base (or lower part) of it too? I can see doing the top but it might look funny if only the top half is torchable.

The section with the post screws out. Do this before torching. One of my Mini A7 unscrewed easily but the second one didn't until I gently boiled them.

IMG_2178.jpg

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Does anyone know what would be the cause of poor air flow and constant 'flooding' on the a7 mini? The flooding doesn't go anywhere, but it's just...if the airhole is at the bottom, won't there always be liquid near the airhole kind of hindering it?

Never had this problem, and, thinking of the construction of it, I can't quite understand how it's possible.

Poor airflow: it gets air from the two side holes in the connection. If those holes are covered from the inside by an attempt to steady the center post, that could hinder the air flow and juice flow.

Flooding: It has a cup for juice inside, with a tube stuck through the middle of it. The air and juice comes from the top of the tube, onto the coil. Excess juice goes into the cup where it can be picked up by the ends of the wick. So, ends of your wick need to be long enough to at least reach the bottom of the cup inside the atty. Flooding would mean that you have so much juice there that it covers the air/juice tube. That's kind of a lot of juice, about 15 drops. If you have that much liquid there, it would definitely affect your air flow and generally make the whole thing not work.

If you toot on it without firing, is there a lot of gurgling? Is there juice coming out of the atty into the Reo's catch cup? If either is true, you should pour the extra juice out of the atty, it's waaay overfilled.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
Never had this problem, and, thinking of the construction of it, I can't quite understand how it's possible.

Poor airflow: it gets air from the two side holes in the connection. If those holes are covered from the inside by an attempt to steady the center post, that could hinder the air flow and juice flow.

Flooding: It has a cup for juice inside, with a tube stuck through the middle of it. The air and juice comes from the top of the tube, onto the coil. Excess juice goes into the cup where it can be picked up by the ends of the wick. So, ends of your wick need to be long enough to at least reach the bottom of the cup inside the atty. Flooding would mean that you have so much juice there that it covers the air/juice tube. That's kind of a lot of juice, about 15 drops. If you have that much liquid there, it would definitely affect your air flow and generally make the whole thing not work.

If you toot on it without firing, is there a lot of gurgling? Is there juice coming out of the atty into the Reo's catch cup? If either is true, you should pour the extra juice out of the atty, it's waaay overfilled.

Thanks a lot for the response. I do get a gurgle when I take a dry toot. It is definitely flooding. I think I am overfilling the RBA cup with my squonks. I will try very light squonks and see if I still get good toots.

How close to the top hole of the post should the coil be? Just nearly touching, or a bit higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread