About last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babsb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
Northern Wisconsin
Well, after getting my 510 yesterday, I was really looking forward to a nice, quiet night of vaping. Hoping to break that addy in so I could FINALLY taste something other then that sweetness like taste...Was I ever wrong....

We had some friends stop over last night. I am so thrilled about the 510 (first time vaping for me) that I showed it off..well that and its purple..lol

I tell ya, I am very glad I ordered the Elite package and a extra battery. It gives me 2 complete 510's. I have three carts set up. One with Nuport, one with 555menthol and one with watermelon. I felt like I was one of those Tupperware ladies.

"And this one here" "Here we have" "It's as simple as" "Dont forget to"

This went on all night long...did I even get to use my 510? NOPE! I lost it for the entire evening and had to go back to my analogs while everyone else was enjoying MY 510. Every time I tried to sneak off with it, I was hearing..HEY! Where ya going?! HEY! Come back here its my turn..HEY!
Im not complaining, I was smiling the entire night. Drew ended up getting a order from one of the guys using it. It was a night of swapping batteries, topping off and laughing my .... off at 4 grown men walking around vaping with my PURPLE 510! lol

The 555menthol was the big hit of the night. None of them wanted to try the watermelon. They said it was to 'girly' thinking about vaping watermelon. Im sure you can imagine 4 grown men, half tanked, vaping a purple e-cig and talking about 'girly' juice, I need to say no more..lol

One thing to note. One of the guys stayed the night (passed out on my couch is more like it) and this morning, he commented how his throat does not hurt at all, nor a heaviness in his lungs. Now I don't know about any of you, but when I drink, I tend to smoke more..ok ALOT more and always wake up with a heavy feeling in my chest. He said he had none of that and wanted to know where my 'e-c' was. I had to find it and well, he is SOL cuz all 3 batteries are dead! That means Im out too, til they charge..

So now here I sit, waiting for that 'green' light.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
You folks in N. WI party hard. I get damaged just about every time I go up there.

But then again.... if you don't have a snowmobile and 7 layers of clothing... what else is there to do??? ;-)
We Wisconsinites party hard regardless of where we are in the state! ;)

If you have great beer, cheese, brats and sports, what more excuse do you need for a party?? LOL!

Sheesh, in Milwaukee there is a bar for just about every 20 people! At least up here, you usually know everyone in the bar and there is someone to make sure you get home ok! :D (And you don't have to worry about getting mugged on your way home - which happened to me in Milwaukee!)

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
We Wisconsinites party hard regardless of where we are in the state! ;)

If you have great beer, cheese, brats and sports, what more excuse do you need for a party?? LOL!

Sheesh, in Milwaukee there is a bar for just about every 20 people! At least up here, you usually know everyone in the bar and there is someone to make sure you get home ok! :D (And you don't have to worry about getting mugged on your way home - which happened to me in Milwaukee!)

I'm blessed to live where we do, and I don't go into Milwaukee that often (used to do it all of the time, but the Law Enforcement Officers convinced me that it wasn't really that good of an idea!).

Out here in the Lake Country we certainly have a seasonal "bent" on the whole thing.. and sadly our season is coming to an end and we are kicking back into hibernation mode. The PWC's came out of the water last week.... the floating trampoline has been out for a month... and the cruiser will probably do one more run around the lake to look at the seasonal changes, and then she's out too.

Seasonal changes..... exchanging dental floss bikinis for pretty orange leaves and parkas. It just ain't right..... :cry:

Babsb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
Northern Wisconsin
Im in the wayyyyy Northern part of Wisconsin, within spitting distance of Michigan. Ever feel like youve been driving forever and youre now in the middle of nowhere? Well if you keep going on a wee bit longer, you might find us :p

Summers are always the best. Nothing beats sitting around a campfire, tipping a few homemade ice cold brews, enjoying a glass or two..ok three or four..of homemade wine...ohhhh yes that is living the life!

Bon fire winter parties..ahahhahah..that made me laugh and laugh. We've had a few where they went on and on into the weeee hours of the morning. What a blast!

Yep, Im a chez head and proud of it! :p

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Marshall, Michigan
Hey, don't be spitting on Michigan! lol Glad I live in the southern part of Michigan! It sounds like there isn't much difference between the WI & MI summers. We had at least one family gathering every month and we're not done yet, got one next weekend.

Ours are always booze fueled, it just wouldn't be right if it wasn't!

Babsb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
Northern Wisconsin
15 degrees? You call that winter, Dredbull? Heck, come January and into Feb, we call that good swimming weather! :lol:

MUCH more fun when it is 15 below. ;)

alphawolf, I think the only difference between Wi and MI summers is the growing season. You all warm up sooner in southern MI then we do up here, but when we do warm up....look out baby! lol

With summers so short, we have to party hard and fit in as many as we can, because come winter, no one moves!

John mowed his lawn...Lets have a party!
Garden is starting to come up..Lets have a party!
Sun is shining...Lets have a party!
Building a barn..Lets have a party!

And best reason for a party was last night...BABS has a PV...lets PARTY!! :lol:

Well Im sure you get the hint..we dont need a reason to have a party, and seeing as how the hubbies family is from Kentucky...oh let me tell you, its non-stop, once the banjos and guitars come out, well it could be next week before things start to settle down!:thumb::lol:

I was visiting that hell you guys call a climate for a bit.
15 degrees is kinda nippy to be outside getting lit.

I was there in 93-94 and was offical the base I was at was colder than antartica for 2 weeks solid.
Chicago ran out or very,very low on road salt. Cold so dry when out smoking at 60 below snow flakes would condense out of the peoples breath.
30 below and 6 foot snow drifts is no freaking fun.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Now you see why we love vaping?? No more going outside for a smoke!!! :D

I love the change of seasons. I couldn't imagine living where they have rocks for a lawn, trees never change color, kids can't sled down a snow-covered hill....

Never will you see a greater appreciation (than those who live in this type of climate) for a cozy fire, a cup of cocoa and SUMMER!! You should see us - we don't take summer for granted. Check out the fests in Milwaukee and all over the state. People are out by Lake Michigan, when it hits 50 degrees in spring, in shorts! Cookouts, tailgating, picnics - we are enjoying the weather instead of taking it for granted. It forces us to be more social and take family time when we can get it.

As a real estate agent, I deal with a lot of people coming from other states and one thing I hear over and over - "I can't believe how NICE the people are here!"

It makes me proud - even if people think we're all a bunch of farming, beer drinking, brat eating hicks, LOL! :D

Last edited:

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Kristin,

I moved here from California.... and I was a Texan before that. And you nailed it right on the head. IN California and Texas we tended to take the good weather for granted.. and then didn't take advantage of it.

Man... when the weather breaks here.. people go nuts! The boating is amazing. Summerfest. State Fair. County fairs. A church festival with live music every weekend. Harley birthday celebrations. Ethnic festivals. I could just go on and on. It is something to behold. In many ways, a hidden treasure.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Kristin,

I moved here from California.... and I was a Texan before that. And you nailed it right on the head. IN California and Texas we tended to take the good weather for granted.. and then didn't take advantage of it.

Man... when the weather breaks here.. people go nuts! The boating is amazing. Summerfest. State Fair. County fairs. A church festival with live music every weekend. Harley birthday celebrations. Ethnic festivals. I could just go on and on. It is something to behold. In many ways, a hidden treasure.
So true, Scottbee!

And, despite my earlier comment, for a big city, Milwaukee is really a great town. Big City, small town people. Out-of-town folks who visit are almost always expecting some kind of hokey Laverne & Shirley feel and are surprised by the sophistication and friendliness they find. Top notch dining (yes, we have things besides brats!!), theater, symphony, ballet, hotels, zoo, museums, nightclubs - the shopping isn't quite there yet, but we're only 1.5 hours from Chicago for that. But check out the new Bayshore Town Square mall and you'll be in for a treat - so it's getting there! Add to that how green it is compared to other cities (tons of parks), the Riverwalk and a beautiful beach/park right on the downtown lakefront - as far as larger cities go, it's a fantastic environment!

(OK, sorry to gush, but I do love this state and Milwaukee, too!)

It really is a unrecognized treasure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread