Above Upper Lip Sting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lwr32

Sep 4, 2013
Goodyear, AZ USA
I have been vaping for 7 weeks. During that time I have been using the eVod system....Kanger tank with eVod atomizer and ego-e twist battery. Everything is going well there. I wanted a larger tank after 2 weeks of vaping so I purchased a Protank II and use the same atomizers with it as with the Kanger. I vape a 12 nicotine during the day and a 6 at night.

My my problem is that since I started vaping with the Protank II I have a stinging right above my upper lip. I don't know why. I'm vaping the same. In another thread someone was having somewhat the same problem and the suggestion was to switch to all VG juice. The thread was closed, so I could ask wouldn't the all VG juice clog the heating element of my atomizer?

i really like vaping and would like to eliminate the stinging. Any suggestions?

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
Pg is not good with some people (including me my son and daughter) it depends how bad. so if lowering the rae doesnt work best is to use all VG liquids. Yes it is dense against PG but if it has any effect you can dilute with water about 5% or if you are not agaiinst with votka (They suggest that I did not use) But I dont think you will have any problems with VG at all

bottomofthemap

Unresolved Status
Dec 28, 2012
Miami, Fl.
I could be wrong but this sounds like maybe some of the heated liquid is escaping all the way up through your mouthpiece. What I would suggest is to make sure that when you vape, you place the tip completely in your mouth so that your lips are not on the edge of the tip when inhaling. In other words, don't block the hole with your lips at all.

I had that problem before and that's all it was, though my problem was inside my upper lip. It's either hot liquid or the heating element building up enough heat to make your upper lip feel burned when inhaling. Like I said, try placing the tip far enough into your mouth so that your lips completely surround the hole instead of covering the hole in any way.

Hope this helps.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
something happened to me a couple of times: I felt a sting like static electricity but more sustained and less stingy... more like a vibration that you would get from therapeutic electronic treatment (sorta like that, not sure how to explain) also from a Kanger Pro Tank.
After fiddling with it for a while, I noticed that the coil was slightly lose, not all the way tightened down, once I turned the coil all the way in the sting/vibration went away.

Lwr32

Sep 4, 2013
Goodyear, AZ USA
I could be wrong but this sounds like maybe some of the heated liquid is escaping all the way up through your mouthpiece. What I would suggest is to make sure that when you vape, you place the tip completely in your mouth so that your lips are not on the edge of the tip when inhaling. In other words, don't block the hole with your lips at all.

I had that problem before and that's all it was, though my problem was inside my upper lip. It's either hot liquid or the heating element building up enough heat to make your upper lip feel burned when inhaling. Like I said, try placing the tip far enough into your mouth so that your lips completely surround the hole instead of covering the hole in any way.

Hope this helps.

Thanks bottomofthemap The first couple drags were much better. I watched some vaping videos on Youtube and their suggestions were to not put the mouthpiece completely in your mouth, so that's what I was doing. Mostly I watch The Vapor Lady videos and she hasn't said anything about mouth placement. I notice she doesn't put the whole mouthpiece in her mouth either. I'll keep trying that and see if that helps.

Lwr32

Sep 4, 2013
Goodyear, AZ USA
Do you find that you have to draw harder with the Protank II than with the evod? Does it make you purse your lips more?

Yes, at first. I changed from the tip that comes with the Protank II to the Stainless Steel Drip Tip for 510 / ViVi Nova / DCT image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I really like the tip. This may sound weird but I don't have to drag as hard to get good vapor with the tip like with the tip that comes with the Protank II.

Lwr32

Sep 4, 2013
Goodyear, AZ USA
You got it. Keep us posted. :vapor:

I think I figured out what was making my lip sting. Yesterday I packed up my PV with an extra tank and went to my parents. I found the tanks were leaking. My atomizers I have had for 2 months. I just cleaned them. When I got home, I put new atomizers in all my tanks and refilled all of them. I vaped all day, putting the mouthpiece further in my mouth. No problems. I think I used my atomizers too long. I wasn't having any burned taste, just a bit of clogging that rinsing out fixed. I'm guessing 2 months is too long using the eVod atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread