Accidentally Sleeping In E-Juice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRickiK

Dec 3, 2017
Let me start out by saying I do weird things in my sleep. I will get up to talk, eat and do things one normally wouldn’t do.
I just got a new bottle of e-liquid, 60 ML, 6 MG. I must have thought it was time to vape in my sleep, because I opened my bottle of E-juice, did not put the cap back on and managed to fall back asleep with it, in my bed, with it open. The cap is not busted, child proof seal is not broken, so I know I had to have opened it rather than breaking it by falling asleep on top of it or something.
I woke up DRENCHED in a pool of liquid. My hair, face, legs, literally my entire body covered in E-juice. My clothes and sheets absorbed some, but all night I was just rolling around in this .....
Bottom line, I feel dizzy. I’m scared. I feel so stupid. This is my question to all of you.. Will I be okay? Should I go see someone? I washed everything off but I don’t know if the hours of laying there and letting it soak into my skin can be washed off. I still smell it everywhere. Is there something better I can wash all of my stuff with besides detergent/ soap? HOW DO I GET THIS OFF?

Yes, I will be locking them up from now on. Yes, I already know. I’m a dummy.

Thanks for your help!!!

KRickiK

Dec 3, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Merged duplicate threads

KRickiK

Dec 3, 2017
The ingredients of ejuice are all water soluble. It’s probably in your mattress though :/

Dizzy means you got at least a mild nic overdose. Are you drooling?

Haha no. Fortunately I am not drooling. I just feel a little off..
I got some carpet cleaning pre-treat liquid for heavy spills and tough stains, I can’t smell anything juice on my mattress but I did scrub it pretty good anyways.
Thank you for your reply!

KRickiK

Dec 3, 2017
Wash it off with water and drink lots of water to help flush it through your system. Vinegar may help with the smell.

How big was the bottle (ml's)? How much do you estimate came out of the bottle (ml's)?

It was a 60ML, 6MG. The whole bottle came out, I had only filled my tank once previously. So basically all of it.
I will definitely get some water in. :)
Should I actually wash my stuff with the vinegar, or just leave a bottle of open vinegar in my room to drown out the smell?
I appreciate your reply! Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Shower. Throw the sheets in the washing machine. The mattress, well, if you can live with the aroma of the juice, you're in good shape. If not, leave the window open. Done.

Maybe store your juice in a box or cabinet that locks to slow down your ability to get to it without additional steps you might not be able to navigate with sleepwalking.

Last edited:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I wouldn’t worry. Takes some serious neat nicotine to cause issues.
Admittedly, I get a little itchy when even a drop of premade goes on my face.

You’ll be fine.

Funny though, sorry.

Definitely need to lock up your gear!
Not a good move if you diy and roll about all night in pure nicotine.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You will be okay, if you were in the juice all night and still alive, well, you're going to be fine. Some of the shakiness may be psychosomatic, honestly. Just wash everything, and yes, find a lockbox for your vape stuff.

I sympathize. I sleep walk occasionally (haven't in a long time) and fortunately my husband is a light sleeper and patient about it. He just follows me around and lets me do my thing, unless its dangerous.

The only injury I ever sustained was from getting up from a small, tippy stool in my garage after smoking a cigarette, and I wound up with a messed up ankle, but in my youth, I used to sleepwalk and leave the house (my parents were not light sleepers, or didn't care, I can't quite tell). It can be rather hazardous....

Anna

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Wait...it’s not normal to get up in your sleep, scream, talk, eat, make a bowl of cereal and wake up spilling it all over yourself and your bed????? JK I do all kinds of crazy stuff in my sleep including everything above. You probably just got a mild od of nicotine and should be fine. I think if something bad was gonna happen it would have by now. Just be careful if you got pets because they like to lick stuff and you don’t want them licking your mattress and getting the nicotine in their system. They can’t tolerate it as well as us humans.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Not my son's dog. She has quite the nic tolerance. When I quit smoking I thought she was going to remove ALLLLL her love. But, she does seem quite intrigued by my vape, and I make sure I mop the floors, remove any available e-liquid and etc. She is worse than a child, when it comes to that stuff. LOL.

But yes, do report back and let us know when you are feeling better!

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Not my son's dog. She has quite the nic tolerance. When I quit smoking I thought she was going to remove ALLLLL her love. But, she does seem quite intrigued by my vape, and I make sure I mop the floors, remove any available e-liquid and etc. She is worse than a child, when it comes to that stuff. LOL.

But yes, do report back and let us know when you are feeling better!

Anna

I had my dog eat a pack of Marlboro lights one day. He was fine. I took the cost of the pack out of his allowance.

Ralph_K

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not Appropriate

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
  • Deleted by classwife

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
  • Deleted by classwife

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
  • Deleted by classwife

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
You're supposed to steep the juice not sleep the juice :lol:

Joke aside, while there is an absolute amount of nicotine in there to induce some very unpleasant symptoms the potentially deadly amount is assumed to be at least twice that.
Since you woke up in a puddle it means you only absorbed part of that. I'd expect a nasty headache and some dizzyness at max. The fact you didn't vomit already tells us it wasn't a dangerous amount.

You can simply wash it off with water, as others have stated, and wash your clothes normally. No industrial strength paint stripper needed.
You already tried to wash/clean the affected part of your mattress, make sure there isn't any juice soaked in there, you don't want to wake up dizzy the next weeks. I know this sounds easier than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread