• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Adding nicotine after the fact...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I bought some great e-liquid made by Space Jam over the Internet from the States.

Obviously I ordered zero percent nicotine as I don't wanna deal the Korean Customs taxing me a ridiculous amount of $$ on each 30ml bottle.

I'm planning on adding nicotine to each bottle once they arrived. My question is, by doing so, should I allow the nicotine to "steep" into the e-liquid for a week or so to allow it to become part of the flavours? Or, do you figure it's good to vape immediately after adding the Nicotine?

Anybody with firsthand experience in doing so, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks...

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Well I am not an expert, but I would say it depends on what juice you get. Most of the fruit flavors, for me are shake and vape. Some of the darker juices and tobacco flavors can benefit from some aging. Just put it in a cool dark place and shake it a couple times a day. If you don't want to wait you can put it in a bowl of very warm water and just let it sit til it gets room temp. That is one way to quick steep.
As far as adding the nic, just make sure you put it on a combining calculator so you will know what nic you end up with. Here is a calculator that may help.

DIY E-Liquid Combining Calculator
JC_link.gif

Good luck to you. I'm sure other will come along and help you even more.

Last edited:

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
I've thought of doing that type of thing. There are some Asian juices you can get for pennies as long as they're 0 mg.
I would let it steep for a week or so but the main thing to do is shake well a lot.
The blending of the nicotine into the pre-made juice really depends on the viscosity of the base
which of course depends on the ratio of vg to pg if any and any additives the juice may contain.
Steep and shake as you would any DIY juice and you should make out.

Hazy :cool:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
You can buy 2ml of 'strong' nicotine at the local vape shop for about 10,000 won. Rip off price, but unless you wanna order abroad and possibly have BIG Customs problems, not many options available.

Then if you add 29 drops of that nicotine to a 30ml bottle of E-Liquid, it will come out to 12mg/ml. That's the strength that suits me best.

And just to know, one of the little nicotine bottles at the local vape shop is good for about 44 drops. So, approximately 1 and a half 30ml bottles of E-Liquid.

Not that terribly bad if you think about it.

Ideally, as I've been doing, is making my own E-Liquids with nicotine from ingredients bought online from abroad.

But in the case of these specialty E-Liquids from the States, which I can't even dream of replicating the complex mix of flavours, both in the the inhale as well as the exhale, there's really no other choice but to add your own nicotine to it after the fact.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
You can buy 2ml of 'strong' nicotine at the local vape shop for about 10,000 won. Rip off price, but unless you wanna order abroad and possibly have BIG Customs problems, not many options available.

Then if you add 29 drops of that nicotine to a 30ml bottle of E-Liquid, it will come out to 12mg/ml. That's the strength that suits me best.

And just to know, one of the little nicotine bottles at the local vape shop is good for about 44 drops. So, approximately 1 and a half 30ml bottles of E-Liquid.

Not that terribly bad if you think about it.

Ideally, as I've been doing, is making my own E-Liquids with nicotine from ingredients bought online from abroad.

But in the case of these specialty E-Liquids from the States, which I can't even dream of replicating the complex mix of flavours, both in the the inhale as well as the exhale, there's really no other choice but to add your own nicotine to it after the fact.

Smart! But I just don't trust drops. If I remember (I'm half asleep but I can't get there) a drop equals a milliliter and a hypo would be more precise.
Don't O.D or mess up your precious juice. Dropper bottles are convenient but hypos are inexpensive

Happy Vaping

koreanpat

Jan 22, 2015
Pocheon, Korea
You can buy 2ml of 'strong' nicotine at the local vape shop for about 10,000 won.

I have explored enough vape shops here to be thoughly skeptical of their "strong nic"

They almost always store it improperly, and there are so many "brands" I would take their claims of strength and purity with a pound of salt. I doubt the Trade Comission here is paying attention to their claims.

The best vape shop by me keeps their "500mg/ml" in the sunlight. And at 10,000won, its about 20won/mg.

I just had to pay duty on a 250ml of 200mg. Even with the duty (300,000!!!!!) , it works out to about 8won/mg.

So for both quality and price, IMO, just suck it up, buy from a reputable source, and pay the duty.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Smart! But I just don't trust drops. If I remember (I'm half asleep but I can't get there) a drop equals a milliliter and a hypo would be more precise.
Don't O.D or mess up your precious juice. Dropper bottles are convenient but hypos are inexpensive

Happy Vaping

Good idea. Never thought about that option. Doing the 29 drops thing would not be fun at all. I've had troubles with even 3 before, and that wasn't even nicotine.

Cheers my friend...

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Alternatively, you can get transfer pipettes from ebay. I bought like 100 plastics 3 mL pipettes for like 3.70 with shipping from China a little over a week ago and they arrived earlier this week. I do want a syringe or two so it's good to know that the pharms won't bat an eye selling you them tho.
==
Oh, and for OP's Q- This is theoretical, but assuming that you're not talking about freebase nicotine (and if you are...good luck to ya?) the nicotine's already integrated into the PG solution, so the shaking method'd probably be fine. Though (and not from experience) warming the final mix might be a good idea to speed up integration since the liquid'll be "thinner" when warmed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread