Adding Nicotine to 0mg Juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtybirdy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Georgia
I just recently purchased some 0mg nicotine juices and need to add nicotine to them.

First off I have no clue on how to do that. The juices are in 120ml bottle and I would only want 3mg nicotine.

Where should I buy my nicotine from and is there anyway to know how much nicotine I should add to make 120ml 3mg of nicotine?

Thanks.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
I like this calculator, but there are more out there ....eJuice Recipe Calculator You can buy concentrated nic in different strengths and we need to know what you end up with to tell you exactly how much to put in.

These are my suppliers for nic....https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nic...unflavored-nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid.html

Liquid Nicotine

USP Nicotine Solutions

If your 120 ml of no nic is flavored, adding any amount of unflavored nic will reduce the flavor. If you want to keep the 120 ml bottle taste as is, buy another 120 ml of the same flavor with 6 mg/ml nic and mix equal parts of each. That would give you 3 mg/ml nic and the flavor will stay the same. :) :vapor:

township

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Ohio
100mg/ml nic would dilute the taste of your flavored liquid the least.

you would add 3.6 mls of 100mg/ml nic to 120mls of 0mg to get 3mg/ml juice.

I've used MyFreedomSmokes and HeartlandVapes nicotine. Both were fine.

You'll also need a syringe(10ml) which you can get when you order your nic. They are also available at Tractor Supply, if you have one locally.

You have to be careful with 100mg/ml nic. Keep it off your skin, don't breath it for extended periods, clean up spills immediately.

What's the difference between 100mg/ml and the 12mg/ml? I was going to get the 12 because it was closest to 3mg.

Put into words, liquid with a nicotine concentration of 100 mg/ml has 100 milligrams (a measure of mass) of nicotine in each milliliter (a measure of volume) of liquid. 12 mg/ml liquid has 12 milligrams of nic in each milliliter of liquid.

For your OP question, the difference is that 100 mg/ml is about 8 times stronger than 12 mg/ml, so you would need much less of it to increase the nic level of a given juice (thereby diluting your flavor less). It is also a fair bit more dangerous than 12 mg/ml, so read the stickies about safety if you go that route.

In my opinion, regardless of the route you choose, I recommend you read more of this subforum or other resources to understand the basic chemistry involved. You do need to have a good understanding of the concept of concentration and what the terms mass, volume, dilution, and solution mean in this context in order to mix juices safely. The calculators will do the math for you, but just punching in numbers without understanding what they mean can get you in trouble.

[edit: I hope that does not coma across as snarky or discouraging to you, it is not meant that way. If you have specific questions, do ask them here and we will do what we can to help.]

Last edited:
My brother is majoring in chemistry and I just got off the phone with him. He said I would need to dilute the nicotine before ever putting it into the liquid.

Not sure why he would say that. Even at 100 mg/ml, the nicotine is already diluted with VG and/or PG to 10%. Full strength nicotine would be more like 1,000 mg/ml. Now that is something you should be seriously afraid of and totally avoid, as it requires specialized equipment and training to use it safely. Can you share this info (that it is already diluted) with him and see if that changes things?

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
My brother is majoring in chemistry and I just got off the phone with him. He said I would need to dilute the nicotine before ever putting it into the liquid.

The nic that we can buy has already been diluted with PG/VG. Whatever you can buy is able to be mixed to whatever strength you wish if you have the correct measuring tools to do it.

dirtybirdy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Georgia
Ok well I may have explained it wrong. I just called him back and told him if I have 100ml of e juice with 0mg of nic and I want to make it 3mg with a bottle of 100mg/ml nicotine he told me to add 3ml into it. So he is saying the same thing as y'all I just probably did not relay the message correctly.

Maybe I should ask this before buying the nicotine. I already vape on low mg juices 3mg - 6mg. I bought 0mg to switch to vape that. So when I vape it though I cough almost after every time I take a puff. It seems harsh I don't know if that is the word I am looking for.

I am not dripping it I am just using a Kanger AeroTank. I am assuming if I add some nicotine in it, I will not cough anymore or if I continue to vape it for another couple of days will I get use to it and not cough after every hit?

Last edited:
Maybe I should ask this before buying the nicotine. I already vape on low mg juices 3mg - 6mg. I bought 0mg to switch to vape that. So when I vape it though I cough almost after every time I take a puff. It seems harsh I don't know if that is the word I am looking for.

I am not dripping it I am just using a Kanger AeroTank. I am assuming if I add some nicotine in it, I will not cough anymore or if I continue to vape it for another couple of days will I get use to it and not cough after every hit?

That is strange; normally it is the nicotine that adds harshness, not reduces it. There must be something else that is different about the 0 mg juice. Is the VG/PG ratio the same? PG can add a bit of throat hit, which may come across as harshness for some people. Other than that, all I can think of is that someone messed up the 0 mg juice and added too much flavoring, or that it is freshly mixed and may need some time and/or heat to steep.

HighPlains

Dec 31, 2013
Indianapolis
Do not use 100mg nic if you don't know what you are doing. Also, the standard juice calculators won't be accurate since you are using "0mg nicotine juices". Presumably that is made up of VG, PG and flavorings. Do you know what proportion of each it already contains?? The nic juice itself comes mixed with whatever PG/VG base you want, eg. 30/70, 50/50 or whatever. Since your juice is already flavored no matter what nic base you add it will dilute that flavor.

dirtybirdy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Georgia
We'll I have enough juice in 6mg to last a while so I will not even try messing with adding nic.

I will steep the 0mg juices and see if they are better in about a month. If I stick them under my bathroom sink would that be an adequate place to steep them? It's nice and dry cool and dark.

It seems like it would be way to complicated for me.

I appreciate all of your advice

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
We'll I have enough juice in 6mg to last a while so I will not even try messing with adding nic.

I will steep the 0mg juices and see if they are better in about a month. If I stick them under my bathroom sink would that be an adequate place to steep them? It's nice and dry cool and dark.

It seems like it would be way to complicated for me.

I appreciate all of your advice

If you have 6 mg/ml liquid, you can mix equal parts of that and the 0 nic to get to 3 mg/ml liquid, if you still want to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread