Adding nicotine via pre-measured nic pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-9s

Apr 12, 2018
Georgia
I found a few commercial juices that I like, but some have very low nic. I am two months into non-smoking and require more nic. At a vape shop, they sell 'nicotine packs' that are pre-measured 1ml or 2ml nicotine to add to commercial juice. The price is high.

I have found one or two online, but I have no idea if they are decent. I don't want to ruin my juice with bad nic. I went to nicotine river and other web sites, but have no idea what nicotine I should buy, so the nic packs seem safest.

Can anyone recommend good pre-measured nic packs?

Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
There’s really no difference between using those little prepackaged nic things that you’d pay a premium for and buying a bottle of nic from Nic river or anywhere else.

You’ll still need the same info in order to add how much you need.

How much juice? How high is the nic already in it, and how much do you want to raise it?

Also, how many mgs/ml is the nic you’re adding?

You need those numbers either way.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Good choice. I agree there's no point bothering with the nic packs. There are several threads in this forum about different brands, so you should be able to identify a decent product.

Have you looked into how to calculate the amount to add? If not, there are two ways to do it.

A calculator like this one:

Nicotine Shot Calculator / Shortfill Calculator - Vaping Hardware

Two notes about this calculator
  1. To find out how much nicotine to add to premade juice to bump up the nicotine, select 'Nicotine Shot' for type.
  2. Where it says 'Amount of zero nicotine e-liquid' it actually means 'Amount of whatever nicotine e-liquid' - It's just the amount of juice you want to top up

Or, if math holds no terrors for you, you can calculate it yourself:

Nicotine base to add:

= [volume of juice you want to top up in ml * (target concentration - concentration of existing juice)] ÷ (concentration of nicotine base - target concentration)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
OK. I am waiting for July 4 sales to buy.
Hi K,
If you can add a few nic packs, you can handle measuring the same amount in a pipette/syringe.
At almost 10 times less expensive:
Salt based
Nice clean Freebase

Store the bottles in a cool dark place.
Cheers
I

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Which nic are you using from them?
I see they carry:
PurNic
Glass
Chemnovatic
CNT
AmeriNic (soon)
Wow they didn’t use to have all them choices. I checked my bottle I have Purnic. I buy a liter at a time so I haven’t bought any for several months. Back then you either picked one of the nic salts or the other stuff which turns out was Purnic. So yea Purnic is good stuff lol

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Wow they didn’t use to have all them choices. I checked my bottle I have Purnic. I buy a liter at a time so I haven’t bought any for several months. Back then you either picked one of the nic salts or the other stuff which turns out was Purnic. So yea Purnic is good stuff lol
    Yes, I was also surprised to see all the choices.
    Thanks for the info!

Reactions: madstabber
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread