Adjust charging voltage as you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I just got a new EFEST LUC V4 ELITE that you can pick between .25, .5, 1.0, and 2.0 amps. It holds pretty much all the battery sizes we use (from 18350s up to 21700s, and I'm pretty sure 26650s)

The slots aren't any wider that most other charges, so they're still a little tricky to remove. But they're definitely longer and the spring tension is a little less than my previous charger, so that simplifies the process.

Reactions: zoiDman

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If there is a charger with voltage increasing and decreasing mod, you can adjust the output voltage and charging current as you like, for example, increase the charging current to 4A to decrease charging time, what do you think of it?

Some people will like that, however a lot of vapers tend to frown upon charging at amperages over 1 amp as we have been of the mindset that the higher the amperage you charge a battery at the shorter the overall life of the battery will be.

Even though batteries are relatively cheap, they create a problem because they are not good for the environment to throw away yet the act of recycling s not actually environmentally sound either as it requires a lot of energy.

So prolonging the need to have to discard a battery is the best solution overall.

I believe that 4 amp charging is only going to be a feature that is interesting to those who don't know or care about all of the above or for whatever reason actually need faster charging regardless of all the above.

Just my opinion.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    4amps per cell would be very high for battery life but its nice have options to adjust amps....
    I would like to have an option to adjust me max voltage to stop charging and be able to charge it a little less than full...I don't know if that already is an option in any charger

Maybe also a variable amps charge would be nice to boost amps for a small period of time and then drop again to low amps and that way not heat the battery too much for extended period of time but also increase charging speed....if that would make sense for battery health...

or maybe charge high amps when it's below 50% and then decrease amps for the rest of charge

The spring in some chargers is a little hard but I guess it's to avoid become loose after some time....and also to be able to remove batteries with less danger in damaging the battery insulation wrap

Reactions: zoiDman

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    4amps per cell would be very high for battery life but its nice have options to adjust amps....
    I would like to have an option to adjust me max voltage to stop charging and be able to charge it a little less than full...I don't know if that already is an option in any charger

Maybe also a variable amps charge would be nice to boost amps for a small period of time and then drop again to low amps and that way not heat the battery too much for extended period of time but also increase charging speed....if that would make sense for battery health...

or maybe charge high amps when it's below 50% and then decrease amps for the rest of charge

The spring in some chargers is a little hard but I guess it's to avoid become loose after some time....and also to be able to remove batteries with less danger in damaging the battery insulation wrap

Now you're getting into the big bucks lol.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I am not sure what u mean but ok :rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:

giphy.gif

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015

Could probably get all that, and programable, in an RC hobbiest charger.
    But you'd also need to add sleds for li-ion vs LiPo... and cost would probably start around $150. [emoji20]
    I think I got my 4 bay Xtar for $17, 3 or 4 years ago (it was a goood sale). [emoji1]

Then again... thats lhe last charger I bought (to go with my Luc V4) and BT eas just starting. Somewhat the he'll do I know anymore? [emoji1][emoji1]

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Could probably get all that, and programable, in an RC hobbiest charger.
    But you'd also need to add sleds for li-ion vs LiPo... and cost would probably start around $150. [emoji20]
    I think I got my 4 bay Xtar for $17, 3 or 4 years ago (it was a goood sale). [emoji1]

Ok maybe not that much but yes I thought about the cost also after I post it but ok hahahaha
    I got my first and only charger a basic 2slot xtar very cheap but the build quality for the cost seems fine to me and my vape needs :p

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    Ok maybe not that much but yes I thought about the cost also after I post it but ok hahahaha
    I got my first and only charger a basic 2slot xtar very cheap but the build quality for the cost seems fine to me and my vape needs :p
    I just crossed with you adding an end to my post... basically, I dont know what's available today. But yeah, I wouldnt expect what we'd like to be very affordable.
    Available or doable... yes. Cheap... not so much.
    [emoji1]

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Not sure what's going on with this site today, but it seems to be doing some weird stuff

I also still have the old LUC4 but I like this new one quite a bit more. Pretty much the same basic functions, but bigger bays, lighter springs, more power choices, AND it goes dark after a few seconds!! (one less little glowing light around the house is definitely a good thing:cool:)

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    Forgot to mention WHY I was shopping for another 4 bay those several years ago...
    Unlike my Luc V4 which has higher 4 bay charge rates, the Xtar charges NiMH cells like AA and AAA rechargables which I have a couple dozen of.
    And I can't say either display is a perfect feature set. Each has something to offer the other lacks.

Glad to have both. But the only feature I'd desire (if I could get it cheap) is the ability to set a lithium cut-off at some percentage (93%? 95%?). Do the recent BT equiped models allow that?

• Agree
    Reactions: BNEAT
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread