Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Hello All :)
Not sure how many of you out there have a Hybris ecig Variable Voltage mod by AquaVapor.

Hybris Variable Voltage Ecig Mod - Highest Quality Mini Variable Voltage eCig Mod on the Market Designed by AquaVapor LLC

Thought I would start a thread for talking about it. What do you like, what do you not like. Any chit chat is welcome. There is a 10% off coupon on the home page of the site. Just ordered my 3rd. One thing I don't like is it comes with a Li-ion battery, I prefer IMR myself.

Let the thread begin.

Vape On
Burnie
:vapor:

Standard parameters

Input voltage:2.5V-5.5V with 3.7V lithium battery
Output voltage :3.0V-6.0V (Allowable error ±0.1V)
Atomizer resistance :1.0Ω-5.0Ω (Suggested Use 2Ω-3.0Ω atomizer)
Charging voltage :4.2v/ 420mA

Specification

Ultra-low quiescent current, reverse battery protection, output over-current, short circuit protection
For ultra-high efficiency buck-processing chip, more effectively regulated the output voltage stability , digital voltage LCD display
Battery voltage measurement function, low battery voltage alarm protection
Atomizer resistance measurement capability
Charge with USB charger from top thread top

Features

1. Activation button/big button ---- voltage output control , atomizer resistance check
Press the big button (activation Button) to activate the device and start vaping. release the button to to stop the atomizer activation
If press it for more than 10 seconds ,the output is automatically stopped (cut off time is 10 seconds )
Click the big button 5 times in 2 seconds to check the resistance of atomizer. Display range : 0.0~9.9Ω;atomizer
Resistance Allowable error ±0.2Ω,short circuit display 0,breaking display F1。
When the battery voltage is lower than 3.3v , device will stop working and the LCD will blink 10 times , low voltage alarm indicator

2. Button --- "-", "on/off" and Decrease Voltage button
Press it to decrease the voltage by 0.1v increments. Once the voltage reach to 3.0v ,it will circle back to 6.0v
When the LCD shuts off , press the "-" button to activate LCD, the voltage won’t decrease, press it again and the voltage decrease
Press this button for 3 seconds to turn the device on and off

3. Button--- "+" ,“battery voltage check”
Press it to increase the voltage by 0.1v increments . Once the voltage reach to 6.0v ,it will circle back to 3.0v
When the LCD shuts off , press the "+" button to activate LCD, the voltage won’t decrease, press it again and the voltage decrease .
Press the "+" button for 3 seconds , to check the battery voltage.Display range: 2.8V-4.5V,Allowable error ±0.2V .

4. Button - & +
Press the button "–" and "+" at the same time for 3 seconds ,the LCD will blink one time and current set voltage will be locked / unlocked. When the voltage is locked ,press the button – or + the LCD will illuminate but voltage can't be changed until unlocked

5. Charging The Hybris:
Connect the USB charger to top of device to charge ,the light of big activation button will blink 3 times , the LCD will display the current voltage of battery once the LCD turns off ,the battery is full charged
During charging the buttons on device will not function
You can also charge the internal 14500 battery with a compatible 14500 charger

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Ordered mine today. If it works as well as you say it does, I'll be watching for the next sale.

Obviously, I don't have mine yet. But, I'll let you know when it arrives. My first vape mail in months!

Thanks for starting the thread, Burnie. And, especially, thanks for the heads up on the Hybris!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Ordered mine today. If it works as well as you say it does, I'll be watching for the next sale.

Obviously, I don't have mine yet. But, I'll let you know when it arrives. My first vape mail in months!

Thanks for starting the thread, Burnie. And, especially, thanks for the heads up on the Hybris!

As with everything YMMV. :)
But I love it. I have an SVD, SID, Stingray X, lots of EGO'S, E-Cab, Robust, etc., and the Hybris is my go to mod, use it every day. That's why I ordered a 3rd and 4 more IMR batteries while it was on sale again. Still haven't tried their juice that they send, but I guess I will some day. I think you will like it. I don't use the topper that comes with it as I use carto's and tanks, but I did try it and it works as well as any EVOD I have used. Might try rewicking it with rayon and see how it does.

Vape On
Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I haven't picked up a Hybris yet, but definitely considering one... looks like you can't beat the price with a stick!
Thanks for showing me this mod, Burnie... and thanks for creating and inviting me to this group!!
No Problem, thought we needed a group, and you in it. :)

I've got the SID and Robust also. The SID is a bit large for me. The Robust I just never use. It's just a little lacking. But, the Hybris seems to have the things that the Robust lacks. So, I have high hopes.
I have 3 Robusts, square lost screen, still works, but no display, one round one button went sideways, useless, third one works ok, but went into retirement when I got my first Hybris.

Question.... diameter of the Hybris... I'm guessing about the same size as the Nautilus Mini?
Trying to figure out what a good topper would be and was thinking about mounting a Nautilus Mini on it with a beauty ring to cover the eGo threads...
Thoughts or opinions?
Just measured it and I get 16.60mm. I use carto tanks, I'll post a picture in a bit.

Looks pretty cool. How long have these been around? I haven't seen them before.
No idea, I just found them in June of this year, and really like them.

Vape On
Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Hybris & Big Daddy Carto Tank w/2.1Ω cartomizer
HybrisBigDaddy.jpg

This is what I have been using this week on the Hybris. :D

Vape On
Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Yeah, I've got a Phiniac cartotank that I could use... need to get a Sophia for it at some point... I'm just tired of the hard draw that most cartos have... can't seem to find one that I like as I have now been ruined by my dripper's easy draw...

I got a sophia and dbase tank in the classies for a good deal, really nice setup. I am using it as an every now and then dripper as I have tons of cartos, if I switch to the sophia I would have to get more and sell all the cartos. The sophia is nice. Got it wicked with rayon and a 1.9Ω coil, hits good. One day I'll switch to all sophia's, but that is a year or so away, I have LOTS of cartomizers.:facepalm:

Vape On
Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
this tank is a little bit bigger than the KF Mini, but the price is high.....to me it looks exactly the same as the KF mini just 3mm bigger in dia.
Ivogo Baby Rebuildable Atomizer 17mm

Looks like a KF to me also. I'll have to look around and see if I can find one at a better price.

Vape On
Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Might try rewicking it with rayon and see how it does.

Well got off early today so did some coils. Recoiled the EVOD and rewicked it with Rayon, that was a PITA on the small coil. Higher than I was looking at, 2.8Ω, but it is vaping just fine, using it at the moment with the EVOD that comes with it.
HybrisStock.jpg

Also the sale didn't last long, price back to $44.95. I got my tracking number this morning, might get it Saturday, if not it will be Tuesday with Monday being a holiday. No biggie as it is just going on the shelf for now for a spare.

Vape On
Burnie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread