Adult stupidity !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
Was in a B&M shop today talking to some of the local vaping guys and gals. I was standing next to a woman who had a kid with her 11 years old at best. She was buying the kid vaping gear, I'm not one to stick my nose into others peoples affairs Unless its a man beating a woman or parents who neglect or abuse there kids. So I Talked to her nicely informing it wasn't a good idea to have her child vaping I was greeted with many words that should never leave a woman's mouth. I wont talk bad to or talk down to a female so I turned to the guy behind the counter I asked him. Mike knowing that this lady is buying the vaping gear for her kid are you selling her that stuff, Mike said to me absolutely not. That enraged this woman And I got a crap load more of her potty mouth, It got to the point I just couldn't bite my tongue any longer and I told her what I thought of her parenting, her lack of respect and care for her child as well as herself And how much of a complete A^% hole she was making of herself. She stormed off and 20 min later returned to vent her frustrations on the salesperson still with her kid in tow. Needless to say the she is now banned from the store. I got on my bike and rode home. later I reflect on the event and I probably shouldn't have said a word to her about it and just let her do with her child as she sees fit, I mean its her child rite? I cant believe how stupid some people are. Besides the bad things that could happen to a kid using vaping gear there is the negative view it has on vaping in general and is just another reason to have it banned. I'm a parent so I know there is no parent manual to follow with our kids, but a little common sense goes a long way in that respect.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I wonder if the sales person would have sold her the gear had you not said anything. Selling to a minor could cause big troubles, the same as if he were selling cigarettes, alcohol or dirty mags. I think you not only did good in speaking your mind , but you saved the sales person / owner their business license.

Just to be clear, even if " Mom" was paying all parties knew it was for the kid....... and thats the same as someone buying cigs, booze or mags for a minor........

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
A hat tip and nod salute to ya! Ya made an educational/social/moral statement to da mom, son and shop personnel. I'm guessing at least one of 'em got da message.
thumbsup.gif

Chances are that she was just 'succumbing' to a brat; as when she bought him $200+ brand name sneakers 'cause she's raising a brat!

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    This is what I just posted on another thread...
    But I don't like the thought of a child seeing one and thinking "Ooh Mommy get me one" or "Hey I can sneak Mom's/Dad's credit card and buy one". Children shouldn't vape and that is that. The FDA would come down on Vaping like the wrath of God. If I saw my kid (if'n I had one that is) vaping I'd give him a good ol' fashioned .... whoopin'.:mad:

*Steps down off of high horse*

Says my beliefs on a child vaping.

OP, I think you did a good job. Seriously what kinda bull malarkey was going on in that crazy woman's mind.:confused::mad::facepalm:

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
    Apr 12, 2014
    Maryland USA
    Her statement to me between the profanity was that it doesn't have nicotine and its ok for kids. Many OMG's flew out of the mouths of other patrons. I'm a firm believer in some folks should never be permitted to procreate. I can say that because I sure hope the hell my son doesn't. That to me is punishment for all humanity. My wife says I should have called a cop, I'm not much of a cop caller I prefer to handle things myself, but If I knew for sure who she was I'd report her to child protective services. I lost a son at the age of 2 months old. I love my kids more then anything in this world, so I find it hard to comprehend how the good lord takes from those who care and gives to those who don't, Befuddled I am. she's pretty lucky had my wife been there I'm sure she would have slapped the taste outa that woman's mouth. I got me a feisty one.

Last edited:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Her statement to me between the profanity was that it doesn't have nicotine and its ok for kids. Many OMG's flew out of the mouths of other patrons. I'm a firm believer in some folks should never be permitted to procreate. I can say that because I sure hope the hell my son doesn't. That to me is punishment for all humanity. My wife says I should have called a cop, I'm not much of a cop caller I prefer to handle things myself, but If I knew for sure who she was I'd report her to child protective services. I lost a son at the age of 2 months old. I love my kids more then anything in this world, so I find it hard to comprehend how the good lord takes from those who care and gives to those who don't, Befuddled I am.

^^^ This! I know first hand what you mean about some people should Never have children. I know some parents who one is in jail for unmentionable possession and another is one the edge of prison for elderly abuse/drug abuse/ theft by conversion/ and probably a few more charges. Her eldest son is also getting ready for the big house (again drugs) and we are about to get custody of her youngest son. Seriously what are these folks thinkin'?:mad::mad::mad:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I decided to delete my post as it could have been mis understood and taken as it was not intended. :)

YOU did the right thing........

I read your original and think you would've been on the right track. I can understand that.:) But in the OP's post that woman was just giving in to her kids wants. She said she wasn't buying nicotine in it... that doesn't sound like she is trying to help her kid.:unsure:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I find I'm less concerned, for the child, for the mom buying him vapegear, than by her language and actions in public. No wonder kids grow up with no idea how to behave themselves, if they see examples like that from their parents. Monkey see, monkey do.

I'm also concerned by the brat coercing the mom to buy that stuff, for no reason I can see other than "coolness." WTH??? Apparently not knowing how to behave is a general problem in that family. But if the mom doesn't have the sense or the cojones to tell the kid "not only no, but ____ no!" then the child is bound to grow into even more of a terror than he apparently already is. Being forced to sometimes, often in fact, tell your child NO in no uncertain terms, is one of the responsibilities of being a good parent -- it's great if your kids like you and like to hang around you, but being a good parent is not a popularity contest; it's probably the hardest job in the world, just because no loving parent really LIKES denying their child, being the "bad guy," but sometimes it is required.

Andria

Bontasia

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2014
    Texas
    I don't think you should have said anything to her.

You don't know how old the child was or what the situation was.

Since the sale to minors isn't allowed then speaking to the store owner or an employee would be great but other than that it's none of your business.

I wish my mom had bought me a vaping kit when I was 15 and started a 29 year smoking habit that has cost me more than I can say in many, many ways.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread