ADV struggles

Status
Not open for further replies.

proudrookie

Nov 3, 2014
Great White North
Hi guys, I'm new here and have been dart free for two full days! The first week of vaping I still needed that morning cigarette but not anymore :)

I recently purchased the Aerotank Giant and Mega assuming I would fill them up with my ADVs. Well, I've been through a few dozen juices and still haven't found one that I can see myself enjoying a whole standard, let alone giant, tank of. I feel like every juice I've tried that I like, I get sick of really quickly (especially the sweet, dessert ones).

Am I the only one? Or will I have to have a few flavours on hand to alternate between throughout the day?

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Congratulations on being "dart free!" :toast: Don't get ahead of yourself on the juices. What you like now, you may well not like down the road as your taste buds recover from smoking. Seriously, now is the time to try new flavors and the ones you really dislike, vape when you get vaper's tongue. Don't toss any because the ones you don't like you may love in the months down the road.

Wakefulpanda

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Syracuse
It doesn't get easier, it just gets more fun!

unnamed.jpg

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
I find milder/ subtle flavors do better as an ADV, I've been using Bavarian Cream from a local shop. I will use a sweet fruit/bubble gum occasionally through out the day. But someone earlier mentioned getting a few cheap tanks to rotate through and that is a decent idea. I carried 4-6 with me for the longest time before I got into using drippers.

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
It's tough to find an ADV. For me, I rotate through different mods and tanks throughout the day. Even if it is a juice I really enjoy, after vaping it for an hour or so, I get bored with it. Just as an example, right now I have 2 mods sitting next to me, both with a KFL+ topper. One tank is filled with a vanilla custard (Nicoticket) and the other a strawberry vanilla. After a few vapes off one, I then vape off the other. I guess I'm not much of a single flavor ADV type of guy. :vapor:

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
Same here! What a way to reply!

To find your ideal ADV, you need lots of research or lots of luck. A mix of both usually does the trick.

I personally was lucky to find a juice I liked when I was re-introduced to vaping earlier this year. That juice is now in the back of the cupboard and I have been vaping my second love-at-first-sight juice (speaking of pickup lines...), I still have had days where I couldn't stand it, but I was very lucky this time around.

During work hours, I'll just vape anything, but when I get home, I still have 6-7 cheap tanks with different juices in them. I also find that I prefer the more standard juices... the fancier ones just end up having that once subtle note that I later find too dominant.

Go around vape shops if you can and see if you find your love juices that way (can't think of any other way to put it after that post...)

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I have been vaping for well over a year and my tastes changed pretty dramatically over the months. In the beginning I had to have 24mg and a stronger flavored tobacco type juice to stop smoking. Now I like the teas and fruit creams with lighter, sweeter tobaccos and I am at 6mg to 12mg. nic.

You may want to try dripping in a 510 atty or an rda. This way you can easily change flavors. The 510 attys are nice since they are disposable and you do not have to build coils and worry about wicking.

I have also found that most vapers tend to fall into 2 categories. The ones that vape several flavors during the course of a day and the ones that like to vape the same flavor most of the time, maybe settling on a few that they vape most of the time. With time you will discover what will work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread