Advice for first time Coil Builders

Status
Not open for further replies.

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
I don't know if you can do this with cotton, but with rayon I kind of burn in the juice after I wick. What I do is saturate the wick with e-juice and then do some short fires to make sure it's working properly. I do this with just the base.

Then as it uses up the juice, I add more. When it's making a lot of vapor, then I put the whole thing together and put it on my mod.

I also don't get wick taste this way.

I'm not sure others do this. I'm totally new too, so I'm just experimenting.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
I always prime my wick before using. Very seldom get cotton taste, when I do it is gone within a couple of hits.
Cool. I'm glad I am not the only one who does this.

I think you saw my other thread about "hitting it sideways."

So, combining the two in a sentence:

"I'm going to prime my wick, then hit it sideways!"

[emoji3]

"You really don't want to hit it sideways unless you prime your wick!"

OK, I will stop now.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I'm discovering that I really need to cram as much cotton as possible into the CLR's - like how Joyetech does it - although I can't seem to get as much as they get in. The way I am doing it is twisting and pulling the cotton on either side of the coil to get the maximum amount through.

I have an ohm meter (or tab or whatever they call it) for building coils, but I never use it. The (regulated) mod works fine. I should add that my tab is pretty inaccurate in the resistance it state - I got it for $10 on fasttech

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Another thing, you can rewick those CLR's for a looooonnnnggggg time without ever having to replace the coils. I don't dry burn them; I drop them in boiling hot water and scrub them off with a little dental brush

So instead of starting out with a full rebuild, you can practice just the wicking part if you feel so inclined

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hello. I will be using a joytech egoOne tank with the Joyetech CLR coils (rebuildable).

First question, what tools would I need and where would I buy the organic cotton from?

Looks like you have a Ton of Recommendations for what you need to rebuild a CLR Coil Head. So I'll give you a Tip someone told me once that made things Much Easier.

When you go to put the Coil in, keep it on you Mandrel/Screw Driver/Drill Bit. And then Trap it by screwing on the Top Cover.

CLR-1.jpg

This helps keep the Coil aligned while you put the Insulator/End Plug in place.

CLR-2.jpg

Once the Insulator/End Plug are in place and the Wires are Snipped, you can remove the Top Cover and Gently Pull Out your Mandrel/Screw Driver/Drill Bit and the Coil should be perfectly lined up with the Side Slots.

bradleave

Nov 3, 2017
Sorry for the duplicates. The forum is behaving a bit odd.

Rayon looks very interesting as well and will likely pick some of that up at some point as well. I couldn't find it at any of the usual vape online stores so next time I order something from amazon I'll pick some up :)

+1 for rayon - its super cheap and you can get it at most beauty supply shops. I bought a box of 40 ft of it for like $10 under brand name CelluCotton by Graham Beauty - item #44130. Just make sure you get the stuff thats 100%rayon fibers, not the reinforced kind or it will have a paper strip in the middle of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread