Status
Not open for further replies.

Magikhat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
www.flavorplace.com
Hello
I have the wotofo serpent rta top airflow single coil tank now and I just purchased the augvape druga rta. Flavor is 100% better in the augvape drugA rta but juice leaks out the bottom of the tank every time which is why I have to stay with top airflow as it never has leaked on me. So I’m looking for a top airflow rta single coil . I typically vape between 20-30watts so I don’t need a powerhouse. I just want the flavor and don’t care about clouds. Can anyone recommend the best top airflow rta? The wotofo serpent works well but it takes a hit on flavor. The serpent only has 2 small air holes around the coil area and I think this is why it isn’t producing a good vape. I was looking at the Zeus? Augvape intake of the dual one? Or any others anyone can recommend ?

primary goal: outstanding flavor
No leaking
Lots of air holes around the coil

thanks for your time

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Anyone tried this kylin mini 2?
Seems to check the boxes. Lots of airflow holes and single coil

View attachment 931463
I think it's always nice to have multiple devices and I'm not trying to say to not get another top airflow but don't give up on your other ones either. I'm going to assume that you're rather new to rebuildables and it's pretty normal at first to have leaking issues. So while I think you should go ahead and get another top airflow I think you should also revisit your other atomizers that you're having leaking problems with because not everyone has those issues which means it's not a device problem it's an experience problem and you can use your new top air flow to vape while you practice wicking your older bottom air flow atomizers. I would never suggest that someone allow themselves to get frustrated with a product to the point where they no longer want to even look at the thing so you always want to have something you can use and you can never have too many atomizers lol but don't give up on the other one Just go ahead and get yourself a nice treat in the meantime

Magikhat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
www.flavorplace.com
The augvape druga rta has all the flavor I want but I have had too many issues
Rebuilt it 10 times
Yes it is getting better but there are still leaks sometimes and I am getting too much juice in my mouth from it.
Both have been a problem from day 1

just going to move onto the next mod

Is there a flavor difference between dual coil and single coil

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I looked at rip trippers review on YouTube but it looks like it’s a dual coil tank. Can I use dual coils at 20-30watts?

Yes, you might want to play with your build until you get the flavor you desire. Higher ohm coils would be a start.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    If money isn't an issue QP Designs Juggerknot Mini MR is an excellent vape and easy build/wick single coil. The OG is great but hard to find. Subtank Supply might still have the OG in stock. The MR is on presale at QP, shipping from Canada will run you about 10-13.00 to US. The Thunderhead Creations Artemis rdta is a great single coil as well. SC Aromamizer V3 is good but so far I'm getting better flavor from my qp's; to be fair haven't messed with the V3 much yet as far as coil type & placement.

Last edited:

Magikhat

ECF Veteran
    May 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    www.flavorplace.com
    I see it is on pre order

is this what you are referring to?

Juggerknot MR 25mm RTA by QP Design

If money isn't an issue QP Designs Juggerknot Mini MR is an excellent vape and easy build/wick single coil. The OG is great but hard to find. Subtank Supply might still have the OG in stock. The ME is on presale at QP, shipping from Canada will run you about 10-13.00 to US. The Thunderhead Creations Artemis rdta is a great single coil as well. SC Aromamizer V# is good but so far I'm getting better flavor from my qp's; to be fair haven't messed with the V3 much yet as far as coil type & placement.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I see it is on pre order

is this what you are referring to?

Juggerknot MR 25mm RTA by QP Design
    Yes, they should ship within a couple weeks or so. The only difference between the MR and OG is the top fill (og has a side port fill) and a slightly larger juice capacity. Deck is exactly the same. The only og clones left on ft are the cheaper not great clones. Not sure if there will be a clone for the MR. If so the mid priced clones for the og are great. I have the SXK & Ulton.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
    Jan 29, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    Looked at the kylin mini 2
    Augvape intake
    But many reviews say the flavor isn’t there

maybe single coil top airflow is NOT the way to go. Maybe the flavor will only be good on a dual coil build

I like the flavor of my Augvape Intake. Best flavor I've had from any tank. But this is my first/only top airflow tank. Been using it exclusively for 3 years now, and it has never leaked.

Reactions: pt91

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Can I use dual coils at 20-30watts?

Definitely. Wattage range for a good vape is designed into the atomizer, not the number of coils. I vape dual coil tanks at around 10 watts and they do very well, but they are designed for the low wattage. What you need to keep in mind is that the coils you build need to be the right gauge and number of wraps to give you the vape you want. Dual coils at a given wattage generally like thinner wire and/or fewer wraps than single coils.

Is there a flavor difference between dual coil and single coil

I don't think so, but I'm not an all out flavor chaser. My preference is the best flavor I can get and still also get good throat hit. I still think this is more to do with atty design than number of coils.

Reactions: Letitia

Cradlemycoinpurse819

Mar 2, 2021
    Uk
    Yes it is getting better but there are still leaks sometimes and I am getting too much juice in my mouth from it.

if you’re getting juice in your mouth you’re not wicking tight enough either that or there’s not enough cotton in the juice wells and that’s what’s causing it to leak.

wick it so you get some resistance when the cotton goes through the coil but not so much it warps the coil when you pull it through, cut the cotton tails in line with the base of the deck thin out a bit/ fluff them up and work them in to the wicking channels. Don’t stuff them in there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread