Advice needed on an APV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellyjobell

Mar 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
My husband has been vaping since March or so and really likes it. He used to be a very heavy smoker and has completely quit regular cigarettes. However, he has had trouble finding a good APV; one that will last more than a month or two. His first APV was a Lavatube (ver 2). It kept breaking and giving him error codes. There's a warantee on it and he could just take it to the local retailer for a replacement, but it was rare that one lasted even two weeks. Obviously, this wasn't going to work.

His next APV was the MVP itaste. He really likes this one. It has a long battery life, is pretty strong, and it can't roll off of a table. However, after about a month it stopped working. He's going to take it apart to see if there is a loose wire, but we don't know if it is fixable.

Anyway, he needs an APV that can handle pretty constant use and have a reasonable battery life. He needs something tough. Since he has a birthday coming up, I was hoping for some advice on an appropriate APV.

Oh, I don't know if this is important, but he uses a protank 2 with a 2.4 ohm cartomizer and 4.8 volts.

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
There are a lot of good reviews/posts and advocates for various mods out there. I don't disagree with anyone who has found something that works for them.

With that disclaimer, my personal experience with the sigelei Zmax3 Telescope has been nothing but positive. I like the design, the heft, the solid stainless-steel construction, the ability to accept various battery sizes, the menu/display, the controls, and the overall use of the device. As far as looks? It's pretty neutral (at least to my eye). But beauty (just like the "best APV") is in the eye of the beholder.

89pRLkr.png

docp1620

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
McHenry, Il. United States
It has't been said yet so I will; look at provari from provapes. Having said that I don't have one, so not a fan boy. Another one to look at might be the saber from vapor moon. Both seem to be solidly built and have large followings. They are expensive, but both have warranty's . Good luck in your search!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Anyway, he needs an APV that can handle pretty constant use and have a reasonable battery life. He needs something tough. Since he has a birthday coming up, I was hoping for some advice on an appropriate APV.

Oh, I don't know if this is important, but he uses a protank 2 with a 2.4 ohm cartomizer and 4.8 volts.

My suggestions are based on your criteria- reasonable battery life and tough.

As the previous poster mentioned, you can look into getting him a ProVari or based on the fact he liked the iTaste MVP; a Reo.

Both devices come with superior customer support and (IMO) are well worth their price tags and praise.

nycwhodat

Sep 13, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi!

Does he have to have a mod? I've had a lot of success with joyetech ego twists. They are pretty strong and relatively inexpensive. A good starter kit can be found at my vapor store (USB charger, 2 batteries, choice of 2 clearos, wall charger). I grabbed 2 900mah. I was a pretty heavy smoker for about 15 years (more than a pack a day) and 1 900mah battery lasts me all day. And they are ego twists so he can play with the voltage if he so chooses.

If he has gone through a few and still hasn't found anything he likes that would be my suggestion. The kit is about 59.00 I think and he gets much more than just a battery. And for me when I was originally looking, the ego twist seemed like. Very popular and not a break the bank kit since I didn't know exactly what I would want. But it has been great for me. I know people who have had their for close to a year without any problems.

Just my $0.02
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread