Advice needed please as can't vape without advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connorrussell1

Oct 27, 2015
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help I have a one box mini and have purchased a isub apex tank with 0.5ohm and I've just put it on my battery mod and its burn my throat but before that I had the one tank mini which had 0.5ohm and that never burnt my throat. Any advice and also my one mini broke so can't put it back on the one box mini

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Hi,

I'm fairly new to the vaping scene I have been doing it for 6 months just never used sub tanks or battery mods so what do you mean by priming the head. I am going to change the coil tonight and see if that makes any difference but what shall I do to avoid the same situation.
Priming the head simply means dripping some juice on your new coil before using it the first time... screw your new coil into the base, drip some juice on the cotton wicking staying out of the center hole.. add drops until the coil can't absorb anymore, screw the base with your primed coil back into the tank and start low gradually bumping up your power until you find your sweet spot.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Head = the coil and wicking material in one replaceable unit.

Before you install the head into the base look down into it, you'll see a screen with wicking material & coil under it, drip a few drops of e liquid on it until it is saturated.
A few drops on/in the wicking holes on the sides of the head where you can see wicking material is a good idea too.

The reason I mention priming the head before installing in base is if you over prime / flood the head the excess will drip out into the air flow chamber in the base.
Easier to clean up if there is any excess before installing the head to base.
After you prime a few heads & get the hang of it you'll know when to stop adding liquid.

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help I have a one box mini and have purchased a isub apex tank with 0.5ohm and I've just put it on my battery mod and its burn my throat but before that I had the one tank mini which had 0.5ohm and that never burnt my throat. Any advice and also my one mini broke so can't put it back on the one box mini

Sounds like you got a dry hit (burned your cotton wick).

Before using new coils with cotton wicks make sure they are completely saturated with juice or allow the tank to sit a good 10 minutes before vaping.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Did you properly prime the head before using by dripping drops of juice on the wicking material until it is fully saturated? If not the wicking material is likely scorched / burnt.
Nothing will fix a burnt/scorched head except replacing the head, be sure to prime the new one.

It will continue to taste awful until the wick or entire coil head are replaced.

That is one of the reasons I kicked tanks that use pre built coils to the curb. Some of the heads do not have enough cotton and they spit or leak or too much cotton and you get dry hits.

bigrf85

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
jax, fl
i would try a new coil dripping juice into the coil head and letting it soak in completely do this 2-3 times and then assemble tank and fill then let the tank sit for a while maybe 30 minutes to insure wicking has started properly then start at a low wattage/voltage and then bump up slightly till your desired vape is achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread