Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
Find some good pot and get a good quality dry herb vaporizer from your local tobacco/head/vape shop...the Volcano is an oldy but a goody. If you want to actually vape a thc liquid you’d want to find a licensed dispensary and purchase some thc distillate along with a vape such as the Yocan Mini...I use one an really enjoy it. Also, edibles might be of interest but you start slow with those as they take longer to kick in and you don’t want to over do it.

Ravenscroft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Sydney, Oz
I would personally look for something which is whole spectrum from the plant, ie vape whole nugs, or if going for extractions for a pen or atty get something which has not been extracted again and again down to distillates because the synergy of the plants components are what make it a healing herb as with most herbs, or a whole plant tincture for sublingual route of administration.
Also very good suggestions above.

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
I dunno what the medical maryjane laws are in GA but I’ll share this just in case it’s legal there. I’ve been seeing a doc lately for an irregular heartbeat, this past visit I shared what my average day is like and he said I might want to look into a medication for anxiety...I promptly said hell no. He then suggested seeing a doc in Michigan and getting an RX for pot. My thought is if they’ll suggest it for anxiety then cancer should be a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Egzoset

Sep 19, 2014
Canada
Salutations Georgia Boy,

...we know nothing about this side of the game...

It seems you're not alone judging from the response, so i strongly suggest to consider educating yourselves about this crucial aspect of your whole context:

Good day, have fun!! :cool:

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Hi,
My Wife's (Georgia Girl) Ex and the kids Dad, has just been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. He has decided he wants to vape THC, we know nothing about this side of the game and could with some advice please.

What are some good THC products both Hardware and the THC itself?

Hi, I wonder what the intention is with his cannabis use, meaning is he looking for modulation of side effects from chemo-radiation, a possible cure, or help dealing with the stress of the diagnosis.

Cannabis is well known to reduce the vomiting from chemo-radiation therapy and increase appetite. For the quickest therapeutic effect smoking or vaping cannabis bud would be appropriate, both before and after meals.

The research I've read shows thc can kill cancer cells provided the thc is at a sufficient level. One of the ways to provide these thc levels is by ingesting cannabis, usually cancer patients use some type of Rick Simpson Oil, known as RSO, which has very high levels of thc. The usual treatment is ingestion of 60 grams in 60 days.
Hopefully with legalization clinical trials with humans are being done or being proposed, though there will have to be many trials to determine which cancers respond and what dosage, with the combinations of different cannaboids present in cannabis there will have to be lots of trials.

As for dealing with the stress of the diagnosis a person may want to consider smoking-vaping cannabis buds for daytime use since the medical effects will be quick and the dosage is easy to modulate. For evening/night usage, i.e. rest and sleep usage of edibles may be considered as edibles take longer to feel the medical effects but last much longer.
Though if a person is taking RSO in some form that would cover evenings.

Usually a person has to build up to one gram a day of RSO per day, starting with a dose the size of a grain of rice and doubling every day until the gram per day level. At a gram a day most people are sleeping a lot which is a good thing.

I would suggest finding a decent medical dispensary who will work with you.

Gummies are another popular way to ingest cannabis. I make my own which isn't difficult. They are probably available at a local medical dispensary.

When I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer I lost my income and since I was a self-employed musician was forced to go on disability benefits which here where I live is barely enough to pay the rent and bills, let alone buy healthy food and medicine, cannabis still not covered by medical plan but opiates are, go figure that one out.
The owner of a dispensary overheard me talking with the staff about my situation, i.e. inability to afford medicine and he asked me to come in the next morning to see him.
The next morning I met him not knowing what to expect and he gave me 65 grams of RSO, retail value by the gram of over $1200.00. I have tears in my eyes remembering the generosity of strangers. Did it save my life? I don't know but I'm here 3 years later ! But I sleep good throughout my treatment and was able to eat, good thing because I had bad vomiting and queasy stomach. I still lost weight, a lot, most of my hair fell out, though it was strange my hair started falling out about 3 months after treatment ended not during the treatment.

RSO is more affordable in large amounts and if buying 60 grams a person could shop around and find a deal for that amount.

Another thought is the different effects from indica and sativa strains of cannabis. Indica tends to be relaxing while sativa can be uplifting emotionally and spiritually some come with anxiety so caution with sativa is indicated.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to respond or private message.

Take Care

• Love
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Hi,

Hi, I wonder what the intention is with his cannabis use, meaning is he looking for modulation of side effects from chemo-radiation, a possible cure, or help dealing with the stress of the diagnosis.

Cannabis is well known to reduce the vomiting from chemo-radiation therapy and increase appetite. For the quickest therapeutic effect smoking or vaping cannabis bud would be appropriate, both before and after meals.

The research I've read shows thc can kill cancer cells provided the thc is at a sufficient level. One of the ways to provide these thc levels is by ingesting cannabis, usually cancer patients use some type of Rick Simpson Oil, known as RSO, which has very high levels of thc. The usual treatment is ingestion of 60 grams in 60 days.
Hopefully with legalization clinical trials with humans are being done or being proposed, though there will have to be many trials to determine which cancers respond and what dosage, with the combinations of different cannaboids present in cannabis there will have to be lots of trials.

As for dealing with the stress of the diagnosis a person may want to consider smoking-vaping cannabis buds for daytime use since the medical effects will be quick and the dosage is easy to modulate. For evening/night usage, i.e. rest and sleep usage of edibles may be considered as edibles take longer to feel the medical effects but last much longer.
Though if a person is taking RSO in some form that would cover evenings.

Usually a person has to build up to one gram a day of RSO per day, starting with a dose the size of a grain of rice and doubling every day until the gram per day level. At a gram a day most people are sleeping a lot which is a good thing.

I would suggest finding a decent medical dispensary who will work with you.

Gummies are another popular way to ingest cannabis. I make my own which isn't difficult. They are probably available at a local medical dispensary.

When I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer I lost my income and since I was a self-employed musician was forced to go on disability benefits which here where I live is barely enough to pay the rent and bills, let alone buy healthy food and medicine, cannabis still not covered by medical plan but opiates are, go figure that one out.
The owner of a dispensary overheard me talking with the staff about my situation, i.e. inability to afford medicine and he asked me to come in the next morning to see him.
The next morning I met him not knowing what to expect and he gave me 65 grams of RSO, retail value by the gram of over $1200.00. I have tears in my eyes remembering the generosity of strangers. Did it save my life? I don't know but I'm here 3 years later ! But I sleep good throughout my treatment and was able to eat, good thing because I had bad vomiting and queasy stomach. I still lost weight, a lot, most of my hair fell out, though it was strange my hair started falling out about 3 months after treatment ended not during the treatment.

RSO is more affordable in large amounts and if buying 60 grams a person could shop around and find a deal for that amount.

Another thought is the different effects from indica and sativa strains of cannabis. Indica tends to be relaxing while sativa can be uplifting emotionally and spiritually some come with anxiety so caution with sativa is indicated.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to respond or private message.

Take Care
p.s. Cancer doctor's here had no issue with using cannabis while undergoing treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread