Not open for further replies.

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas
I have been vaping for three weeks now.
Have been able to drop down from 1pad to 1/4 to 1/2pad so far.

Equipment using CE4 clearomisers with EGO batteries both regular and VV.
18 nic for general use and 24 for stronger craving time(these are starting to get fewer.

I am considering a Kamry 100 with 18650 unprotected batt and "2Cent fuse" topped by a 19mm IBTanked carto tank.
(NON SMOKING Christmas present for self)

My question/reluctance is that I do not want to spend money on something that will not get used due to hassle/too much fiddling with to get to work.

I have read BADITTUDE's info on the cartos and tank, so am not completely blind to the work/time involved with cartos.

Am I on the right track or in over my head?

Help/Opinions needed.
:confused:

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
You won't be in over your head as long as your a member here! Any questions you have can be searched or just asked. Do you have a B&M near you or are you like me and have to order online? I had to learn everything via youtube or ECF and at times trial and error. Your not going to go wrong, you're just going to have a learning curve. Get what you want and research it before purchase then if you have any questions afterwards you can just ask on here or look em up on youtube. Happy Vaping! :vapor:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
CE4's are ok. That was the first clearo I tried that was actually ok. Much better than the CE2 and CE3. If you like the form factor, CE5s are a little better because you can change the coil and choose between single or dual coil and choose your preferred resistance.

But, I have to admit I'm partial. Carto-tanks are an excellent choice! For a starter, I would recommend SMOKTech Pyrex DCTank Glass DCTank. It's a cheap way to try carto-tanks and still get glass. Just grab a few different cartos (single/dual coil, 1/2 holes) and see what you like best.

It took me a little while to keep from flooding my cartos. I use mostly PG. And, the first carto-tank I get (an old polycarbonate one) came with a 3-hole carto! Talk about flooding and a mouth full of juice! Yet, if you use higher VG, . . . .

If you want to go for the K100 I would recomend grabbing a aw IMR 18490 wick a smok kick also. Although low res cartos do well on a mechanical it's not the best as you'll notice that performance drops pretty quickly. With the smoktech kick you'll have a chance to experiment with VW (variable wattage). Also with the kick it has a built in function that cuts off the power if your battery too low as if you go full mechanical it doesn't.

VaporDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I think you're on the right track personally. But I would suggest getting a kick with your mechanical mod. A good charger like the nitecore i2 or i4, aw imr 18650 batteries (efest if you must save 2 or 3 bucks but I highly recommend aw batts), a 5 pack of cartomizers, cartomizer punch tool, slap your momma tool or any other filling tip, a good Pyrex tank (ibtanked is a good choice), good quality mechanical mod, ohms tester, multimeter, a syringe or a needle tip for juice bottles for filling your carto tank (just a simple syringe makes life much easier) and your favorite juice and you will be well on your way to a very nice setup. I know it's a lot but if you wanna do it right then that's the way to go imo. Only maintenance items you should need afterwards is more cartomizers obviously and more juice. Eventually your batteries will need replaced too but not for a while. I think this would be a very nice way to start out if you're willing to learn how to use the equipment properly. Also it's practically future proof.

VaporDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Kansas City, MO
If you're looking at boge cartos why not check out the agr+ tank. It's what I'm using right now and have to say it works really well. And when the tank needs topped off there's a little screw that you just take out and fill it up. Makes it pretty easy to use. Oh, and it's locking which means it locks onto the carto so it doesn't slide off if you accidently pick it up by the tank. A lot of carto tanks don't lock onto the carto so it's nice to have. Here's my rig right this second.

Attachments

• IMG_20131111_015654.jpg
    IMG_20131111_015654.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

VaporDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Kansas City, MO
You can get pre punched cartos but if you get a nice carto punch tool you will save money buying bulk cartos without holes. Plus sometimes the holes aren't big enough in the pre punched ones. If you get higher vg juice you may need bigger holes or more than two. Or if you're using very thin high pg juice then you may only need one hole. You just gotta figure out where the sweet spot is for your vaping style and juice viscosity. I say carto puncher over pre punched any day. They don't cost much plus they're very easy to use.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
If you're looking at boge cartos why not check out the agr+ tank. It's what I'm using right now and have to say it works really well. And when the tank needs topped off there's a little screw that you just take out and fill it up. Makes it pretty easy to use. Oh, and it's locking which means it locks onto the carto so it doesn't slide off if you accidently pick it up by the tank. A lot of carto tanks don't lock onto the carto so it's nice to have. Here's my rig right this second.

So, you don't have any problems with leaking with the AGR+? I love the IDEA of it. But, I've heard so many complaints.

I may just have to break down and find out for myself.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
No leaking with mine. When do they say they have leaking?

When the Agr+ first came out, people were having trouble with them leaking. I believe they were leaking from the bottom. I haven't heard anything about it in a while. But, I haven't heard anything about them at all for a while, good or bad.

Since the new glass version is $19.99, I'm a little hesitant to gamble on it. But, I absolutely love the idea of being able to use a regular (non-flanged) carto in a glass tank that holds it in place without accidental slipping and dumping of liquid.

I do have it on my wishlist. One of these days I definitely want to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread