Advice please, Smoktech UDCT, really poor vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rypp

Oct 12, 2012
UK
Hi guys,

I've been vaping about a year, usual setup is a Vamo and Vivi Nova. Was getting tired of the regular burning taste on the novas so today in the post arrived my smok UDCT UDCT Kit

I checked a couple of videos on youtube and filled it how I was shown, by pulling the carto 3/4 of the way out, filling the tank, and then drawing on it while plugging the bottom hole so the carto absorbed the tank.

The filler at the drip tip end was still dry but I wasn't told to do anything else so I tried it, tasted ok but very poor vapor. A couple more videos watched and another guy said to drip onto the filler as well, to saturate it til it leaked a little (being careful not to get any in the middle tube, I plugged it with a toothpick). So I did this too, still poor vapor production.

Ive now primed the carto, and wet the filler from the top. Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to adjust from having literal clouds with my vivi nova to a teeny puff with this thing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JWM2

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
It can depend on the thickness of the liquid. With the really small holes of the carto you are using I'd try a thinner liquid or thin it out with a few drops of water. I find those typically work best with 70/30 or higher PG ratio for proper wicking. It could also be a voltage issue. I find cartos like a higher voltage. I always used around 4.8v on mine. I have adjustable voltage batteries and always cranked it up to max (4.8) when using that type of atomizer.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The site you ordered from doesn't give much carto info. Doesn't tell you how many holes or if they are small or large diameter.
However, the instructions given on the site for your UDCT were pretty good, if you would have followed them.

Now, as to what you can do, 1st thing is to ignore that warning about juice getting into the center hole! Don't fill into the center hole, yes, but if some gets in, well, where do you think the actual vaporizing happens? The Center Hole!

Remove your tank from your battery, remove the drip tip, make sure the top of the carto inside is "wet", put your drip tip back on and Gently blow into it (have a napkin at the bottom of your tank to catch any juice blowing out). If you have a lot of juice coming out or gurgling you have too much in the carto, wipe the bottom connection off. If you did have a lot of juice coming out, take the drip tip back off, turn the tank over and Gently blow into the bottom connection to clear it out (again, napkin time, this time under the drip tip area). Your UDCT should be good to go and producing vapor for you after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread