Aegis Boost: p3cx3's Review!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019

Geekvape just launched the mighty pod, a pod mod that could take both, mtl and dtl sessions on just one device, like all the aegis lineup, the aegis boost is also shock, dust and waterproof, packed on almost an aegis solo miniature! Fitting naturally on hands, a pocket size device, pretty friendly for traveling or just being grabbed on the go, for any trip, any scenario! Let’s see how it does!

Un-boxing:
two coils, 04 & 0.6ohm,
Micro USB cable
Coil tool
spare drip tip
warranty and promotion card

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-31 at 9.44.57 AM.jpeg

Dimensions:
106.8mm | 27.7mm | 39.2mm
input: 3.0-4.25V
output: 1.0-6.0V
Battery: internal 1500mAh / Supports: 5V / 1.5A max charging
Power: 5W-40Wmax
Resistance Range: 0.2-3Ohm,
Weight: 120Grs*
WhatsApp Image 2019-12-31 at 9.44.58 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-31 at 9.44.56 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-12-31 at 9.44.53 AM.jpeg

Review:
Aegis boost the Mighty pod mod.

Well, the unit is shock, water and dust proof, like all aegis lineup! Really like it since the page shows a interesting commercial about the mighty pod. There will be also a RBA deck, is on pre order, sounds amazing to have a pod that can also be re-built.

The provided items are the same great GV quality, the form factor is amazing on both hands and little but bold bottoms and also a sexy outer skeleton protects the mod, well done, amazing color options, I really wish they have put another kinda airflow control, but any way, this is the mighty pod mod.

Flavor, and coil life is pretty interesting tried in 1st instance the 0.4ohm coil, amazing for DTL vaping and open airflow, the 0.6ohm and pretty tight airflow makes the device tasteful mtl vape, for using the pod on MTL time you should almost close all airflow ring, otherwise the device is a bit open for air, filling is another interesting thing to consider, for my bottles and skills, the only way to fill is taking drip-tip away for filling, no leaks, haven’t had any leak, but I really believe the coil could leak when getting close its lifetime, airflow sometimes show a couple of drips or moisture so keep it clean.

Battery life, is one of the highlights for this kit, 1500mAh battery, enough to provide power to your clouds for one day on heavy vaping / chain vaping, for regular vapers / pods users battery will be enough for more than 2 days of heavy vape, as it lasts for me close by that!

Liquid consumption is another interesting thing to mark, the provided 0.4 ohm coils tends to be more thirsty compared to the 0.6ohm one, both provide amazing flavor and clouds, really like its shinny flavor on fruity liquids, as all Gekkvapes coils, this samples lasted me performing like new for about 2 weeks, 2 whole weeks, then flavor starting to reduce slowly, drips tips on this device are something also to discuss, I really wish they have put 510 traditional ones, but the size is unique, the cap is another thing to really care for, the device is shock proof and the cap easily fall if you r drop the device, they should have put a twist locking mechanism to keep it placed, the pod darken color is clear enough to see the liquid and avoid dry hits.

As personal comment or markup:
The device could be tight mtl and wide open DTL device also, is just a matter of care and patience practicing and trying different positions with the airflow ring, for MTL you might need to close it 90-95% indeed, I did tried only Freebase liquid, 0.6mg strength fits amazing and also hits hard! For DTL with airflow wide-open you can easily also try .6mg too, I really like this fact about the device, it takes the mod and pod work with just one device and patience regarding airflow, I dint found any other mode besides power, the chipset is claimed to run TC on website, maybe with an update the device could reach that scenario too, in overall I really recommend this device, can get yours here! From the official store! :2c::2c:

:rickroll:

I would like to thank @Geekvape_Official for sending me this device for this review purpose, really hope it helps the developing and marketing of this product.
:matrix:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-12-31 at 9.44.55 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-12-31 at 9.44.55 AM.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread