Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi,

Today its Aegis Boost turn, the first pod-mod in the Aegis line by GeekVape.

DSC-0336.jpg

Same as the whole Aegis line it is IP67 certified meaning the device is dustproof, shockproof and waterproof.

It has a 1500mAh built in battery, adjustable wattage 5-40 watts, 2 coils options (0.4ohm and 0.6ohm, both mesh), 2 drip-tip options for DTL and MTL, a top-fill method, a rba (coming soon).

What do you get in the box?

o 1 x Aegis Boost Mod

o 1 x Aegis Boost Pod

o 1 x Spare Drip-Tip

o 1 x Coil Removal Tool

o 1 x Micro-USB Charging Cable

o 1 x 0.4Ω Mesh Coil (25-33w)

o 1 x 0.6Ω Mesh Coil (15-25w)

Packaging.jpg

Parameters: (from Geekvape website)
Size: 106.8x 27.7x 39.2mm
Powered by AS chipset
Output wattage: 5- 40W
Kit set coil: 0.6ohm (20- 25W)
Input voltage: 3.0- 4.25V
Output voltage: 1.0- 6.0V
Display: 0.42" OLED screen
1500mAh built-in battery
Pod/ Tank capacity: 3.7ml
Material: Zinc alloy + Top grain leather + silicone

Features: (from Geekvape website)
-Easy access airflow valve design
-Supports the usage of both pod and RDTA
-Over-discharge/ short circuit protection
-Output over-current/ overcharge protection
-Switch timeout/ over-temperature protection
-Quick-lock & release design for switching pod systems

Manual.jpg

My thoughts on the Aegis Boost

The overall design looks stunning and feels properly made, it is lightweight in comparison to some other pod-mods that are out there on the market. The IP67 certification is something I just love about the Aegis line, all my Aegis mods are still going strong and I think the Boost is also a device that will serve me long.

Design.jpg

It is slightly wider than my other pod-mods, but still very portable.

The buttons are well placed and are comfortable in use, a nice click to it as well.

Very tiny screen, but easy to read from. It does not show anything more than the puff counter, wattage setting and coil resistance. It is kept very simple which I personally like.

screen.jpg

Good thing is that wattage is adjustable in 0.5 increments where most pod-mods have 1 watt increments, this allows more precise adjustments which is especially good for mouth to lung.

Also, the device really doesn’t have many functions apart from locking the screen and resetting the puff counter, it is by far the most minimalistic mod I have had so far, something which I again personally like. I think pod-mods shouldn’t have lots of functions but to vape and be portable.

Pods are well built and click well into place, the eject button functions well. The drip-tip on the pod can be twisted into any direction you’d like which is a cool feature and allows different ways of holding the device while vaping.

Love that drip-tip cover, when I am not vaping I’m always putting it back on. It prevents dirt from going into your coils and it looks cool.

Pod-taken-apart.jpg

The rubber seal to expose the fill hole is held in place properly, for me it is hard to pull it out sometimes as a person with short nails. Filling is not always the easiest as the hole is not large and if you don’t tilt the pod while filling you meant end up with liquid all around your mod and hands. I always need to take special attention while filling.

Also, the pods are on the dark side, so its really hard to see if there is still enough liquid to continue vaping. I really need to keep it against the light to see it.

Pod.jpg

One massive plus of the pod is that it can be filled from the top and there is no need to take out the pod from the device to fill. The only reason I need to take out the pod is to replace coils.

Have not have any leaking issues from the bottom of the pod, even no condensation builds up under the pod. I’ve read some stories from people on this forum that they have massive leaking issues with the pods, but I guess there just has been a faulty batch of pods that were released on the market as I cannot find the issues they see with leaking.

The airflow is very precisely adjustable which allows me to have a proper restricted direct lung hit or a very tight mouth to long hit. An airy direct to lung hit you won’t get from this device, but I also don’t see the need with a device that fires up to 40W. The airflow is in my opinion one of the main differences that make this pod-mod superior over the others.

Ariflow.jpg

Both coils are fantastic for a pod-mod, both deliver constant proper flavor and are from my experience and stories from others very durable. Over 2000 puffs on each coil I have taken, and they are still going and are still performing well. I’ve even heard stories that some people have used them for over 4000+ puffs and are still going.

Coil.jpg

I don’t however agree with Geekvape that the 0.6ohm coil is an MTL coil, yes you can get mouth to lung hits from it but would have loved to see they would have a simple round wire 1.0ohm+ coil which in my opinion are still the best type of mouth to lung coils. The 0.6ohm coil is good for a lower wattage restricted direct to lung hit, but slightly to warm for a mouth to long hit.

The battery life is average, when vaping at 32-33 wats I get around 120-130 puffs out of one full charge, pretty much the same as the other pod-mods I own. The boost has one advantage, it has 1.5a charging and charges significantly faster than other pod-mods, it takes 45-50 minutes to charge from 0 to 100%. Also, the plug that covers the charge port is easily openable.

Final Thoughts

Would I suggest this pod-mod? Simply yes, especially with the knowledge of the RBA pod being released soon which I will get for myself. Love this device, it goes everywhere with me and has so far not let me down really.

This pod-mod performs well has good flavor and simply is another properly built Aegis. It is the perfect type of device to take when travelling or when going out of home. It is reliable, easy to maintain and in case the battery runs low it charges quite fast.

Also, it’s the type of device for the minimalists or those people that want something simple to operate, the minimal amount of functions make it an easy to use device for all users.

Hope they will however still keep developing on the pods, I think the filling could be improved and also the capacity can go up. A slightly lighter pod would be useful as well to be able to see the liquid easily.

The kit costs around 37 to 40 dollars and replacement coils 12-15 dollars for a 5-pack, not a bad price for this little beast.

Can’t wait for the RBA to be released, will write a separate review for that in the future.

Thank you for reading my review, take care.

Reactions: Falconeer

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Thanks for your review - like you I'd prefer it if they offered a 1 ohm coil, or in my case a 1.2 - 1.4 coil and I do know the difficutlies of filling a dark pod or atomiser ( yes I had one back in the Vivi Nova days ) and checking how much liquid is left.
Good thing is that Geekvape has the possibility to keep developing coils :)!

Reactions: Falconeer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread